+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
@kot81

I haven't been monitoring my online status after our oath. I guess, its not important for me anymore. I did check after reading your message. Yes, its been updated to complete with a note "You became a Canadian citizen on MMDDYYY". My focus now is the passport. It's not an easy process since you need a guarantor. The guarantor needs to fill in a portion of the application sheet and sign. Plus, you also need 2 references. I will do it this week. Out of topic: As a new citizen, we were given free access to parks, museums and etc. for a year, starting on the day you become a citizen. I guess for now, we will enjoy the perks. Next goal, reacquire our original citizenship. :rolleyes:

A_K_A

Dec 3, 2019
Appreciate any feedback I can get.
Citizenship grant applications (family of 5) in-progress for 24 months now at the Scarborough location!
Fingerprints done, test and interview went smoothly back in May 2019. Only thing remaining is invitation to take the oath. Timeline provided below.
Every time I call or send a Webform, it's always the same response. In-progress!
Don't know of anyone who has taken 2 years in progress and still no decision made. I have talked with my MP twice and they also get the same response of in progress.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 8, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 21, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 19, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 29, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2019 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

NP2255

Dec 6, 2018
Scarborough
Application:Single
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 18, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

papssie

Aug 9, 2015
My process took close to 18 months but it's done! After I did the test in January 2019, in February 2019 I received a letter dated December 2018 (during the Canada Post strikes) requesting info regarding my entries/exits to/from the US. So my status didn't change to 'Decision Made' for a while after that. The letter said that if I don't respond within 30 days it could show that I've abandoned my intent to apply for citizenship, but I sent the info and it all worked out. Hang in there, guys!

Application: Single
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 31, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 4, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 22, 2019 at 8:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on November 4, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 22, 2019 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on November 22, 2019.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I'm June application and have not received an invite yet.
Have either of you tried one or all of the below? May help.
1) Calling IRCC
2) Filling out a webform to ask for status
3) Filing for GCMS notes
4) Contacting your Member of Parliament

rashad321

May 2, 2018
Have either of you tried one or all of the below? May help.
1) Calling IRCC
2) Filling out a webform to ask for status
3) Filing for GCMS notes
4) Contacting your Member of Parliament
I've done all except filing for GCMS. I'm working on filing GCMS now but i don't have my file number ( I have my UCI but don't have my file number).

rashad321

May 2, 2018
If you have received your AOR via e-mail, it should contain your file number.
Thank you. I have ordered it now and will wait. Do you think i should order also CBCS & CSIS notes? two month ago when i spoke to IRCC agent, i was told that my security check is competed.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you. I have ordered it now and will wait. Do you think i should order also CBCS & CSIS notes? two month ago when i spoke to IRCC agent, i was told that my security check is competed.
CBCS? For CSIS I think just wait, especially considering this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-requested-atip-from-csis.560723/ - I mean it makes sense CSIS aren't going to share much beyond "Pending" or "Completed".

Possibly also what you were told, although we have seen empirically here that what an agent says is not always 100% accurate (or multiple posts were made not fully understanding the answers).

Good luck.

ANNR

Dec 8, 2019
Guys, hope every thing is well,
I have applied sept 2018, AOR was dec 2018, test done and passed on 26 oct 2019, since that day and until now my status didn’t change to “DM” however my interview was straight forward and the agent said you should be receiving the oath shortly, my questions are as follows:
1. Is it normal to have this delay in changing the status to DM?
2. What could be the reasons for the delayed status change ?
3. Can I receive the oath without having the status changed to DM ? It is it a must step ?
4. Being sept 2018 applicant, is this too late ? Or any body else is facing the same delay ?
5. What should I do?
Thanks in advance for your replies and support as I am so tense and I feel so depressed

katez

Dec 9, 2019
I have applied sept 2018, AOR was dec 2018, test done and passed on 26 oct 2019, since that day and until now my status didn’t change to “DM” however my interview was straight forward and the agent said you should be receiving the oath shortly, my questions are as follows:
3. Can I receive the oath without having the status changed to DM ? It is it a must step ?
4. Being sept 2018 applicant, is this too late ? Or any body else is facing the same delay ?
5. What should I do?
Thanks in advance for your replies and support as I am so tense and I feel so depressed
Hi, I took my test and passed on Nov. 27, 2019. My application is still in process. So I called IRCC help center. You can find their number on the website. They told me it could take a month to be DM...though it seems a lot of people got DM next day after test. They also told me if after a month it is still in process then I could call help center for help. I guess you could call help center and ask them for details of your application? Could you please inform me of their response cuz I also want to take oath as soon as possible

A_K_A

Dec 3, 2019
5. What should I do?
I have had my test done and passed May 2019 and till now my status still shows in progress. My application started October 2017!
Been calling IRCC and submitting webforms almost on monthly basis. Been to the MP twice and it's always the same answer. In progress.
My interview went well with no issues, no further information requested. Been 7 months since and no DM yet. MP office says it's back log in the Scarborough office and they are swamped with applications. But I can't really see that as an excuse for over 2 years delay

ANNR

Dec 8, 2019
Hi, I took my test and passed on Nov. 27, 2019. My application is still in process. So I called IRCC help center. You can find their number on the website. They told me it could take a month to be DM...though it seems a lot of people got DM next day after test. They also told me if after a month it is still in process then I could call help center for help. I guess you could call help center and ask them for details of your application? Could you please inform me of their response cuz I also want to take oath as soon as possible
i heard that calling them won't be fruitful and it won't solve or move or speed up anything, i was checking if i am the only person who experience this or no and if thee are some other ppl experienced the same what was the end product results, was it good or bad ? did they get the oath invite at the end or no ?

ANNR

Dec 8, 2019
I have had my test done and passed May 2019 and till now my status still shows in progress. My application started October 2017!
Been calling IRCC and submitting webforms almost on monthly basis. Been to the MP twice and it's always the same answer. In progress.
My interview went well with no issues, no further information requested. Been 7 months since and no DM yet. MP office says it's back log in the Scarborough office and they are swamped with applications. But I can't really see that as an excuse for over 2 years delay
that's too long bro, i wish i will not experience the same as this might bring me crazy