+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
To those who already attended the Oath taking ceremony in Scarborough:

How was the ceremony? The Notice to Appear letter indicated that seating is very limited for guests and family. We have two kids, 2.5 yrs & 6 mos. We want to bring them with us for a memorable occasion. We have to bring a friend along with us just in case they get restless. Is there room to accommodate 3 of us (Me, wife & friend)? The date is November 15th. Is it better that only the two of us attend? To avoid any unwanted incidents like baby crying or something. Thanks All.

kot81

May 15, 2017
Your tinelin
To those who already attended the Oath taking ceremony in Scarborough:

How was the ceremony? The Notice to Appear letter indicated that seating is very limited for guests and family. We have two kids, 2.5 yrs & 6 mos. We want to bring them with us for a memorable occasion. We have to bring a friend along with us just in case they get restless. Is there room to accommodate 3 of us (Me, wife & friend)? The date is November 15th. Is it better that only the two of us attend? To avoid any unwanted incidents like baby crying or something. Thanks All.
Please let me know your application timelines

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
Anyone else here due for oath taking for the month of November 2019?

Please see my timeline below.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 29, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 29, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 15, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
Note: We received the email just recently on October 28th. Not sure about the gap the 20 days gap between the 8th and 28th. Maybe it has something to do with the election period.

kot81

May 15, 2017
Anyone else here due for oath taking for the month of November 2019?

Please see my timeline below.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 29, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 29, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 15, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
Note: We received the email just recently on October 28th. Not sure about the gap the 20 days gap between the 8th and 28th. Maybe it has something to do with the election period.
Thank you for the timeline, and congrats!
I saw that they do not have a oath date for Scarborough after Nov 15th at least until Dec 12th. In fact, in Ontario, I find available dates after Nov 15th only in Hamilton and Windsor

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
  1. 16 + months still no test date at Scarborough office - I literally feel like crying as I have never felt so helpless.

2. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 3, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 29, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on September 4, 2018.
  5. We sent you a letter on September 4, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spouse application finally change to "Decision Made". February 2018 application. Had test in April 2019 and finger print requested in May 2019. What's the average waiting time for Oath date presently in Scarborough?

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
Oath finally here!! Journey now almost over....November 19th!!
Based on Kot81's comment. There is no oath taking in Scarborough office after Nov. 15. You took the test at the Scarborough office but you will take the oath in another location?

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
  1. 16 + months still no test date at Scarborough office - I literally feel like crying as I have never felt so helpless.
Wow! It's already more than a year. In the website, the timeline is usually within a year. Maybe they require more documents from you? Also, it is best to check the status online. We received all our notification through emails but we have to be proactive and also check online. Good luck to you. Hope everything goes well.

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
Her are my timeline for Scarborough

Applied Date : Feb 27, 2019
AOR: April 25, 2019
Test Date: Oct 2, 2019
Oath Date: Nov 12, 2019
Please provide feedback after your oath taking. I want to know if they are really strict about bringing kids at the office. I've read that there are officials that monitor your oath taking. If they see you not reciting the oath, you will not get your citizenship.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Your timelines pls
(Spouse - Mississauga App.)
Application sent February 2018
In Process June 2018
Test Date April 2019
Finger Print Request May 2019
Decision Made October 2019
Oath date received Nov. 5th, 2019
Oath ceremony Nov. 19th (Scaborough)

Such a relieve!

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on Kot81's comment. There is no oath taking in Scarborough office after Nov. 15. You took the test at the Scarborough office but you will take the oath in another location?
....well my spouse had her test in Scarborough and now got Oath date for Nov. 19th in Scarborough

kot81

May 15, 2017
Interestingly, they don’t update their oath- date - location list in their website promptly. Hence, I am wrong in my assessment. I have also received oath ceremony invite for Nov 22nd, and the website for the dates is not updated yet:
Application sent Sep 2018
In Process: Nov 2018
Test Date: Sep 3rd week; passed 20/20; issued 520 request during interview (supplementary documentation request- for Record of employment and Personal Health Claim Summary)
Documents submitted: Oct 2nd week
Decision Made: Oct 5th week
Oath Invitation e-mail: Nov 6th
Oath Date: Nov 22 (Scaborough)

thanks,
Kot81

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
3 more days to go before our oath taking. We invited a friend to come with us and take care of the kids just in case they get restless. In the FAQ, you have to complete the ceremony without interruption. I hope the kids cooperate. Cheers everyone!