+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who had attended oath at Scarborough , what is the car park arrangements please?
Paid parking - location & how much per hour?
Free parking- distance to the venue please?

Thanks

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
The building vicinity has a large parking area. You have to pay through the machine inside the building (ground lobby). Forgot the rates but I'm guessing its around $10. There are other paid parking areas a little further just in case the primary parking is full. Although I doubt it.

Reactions: PTJ

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
Just found out. The parking fee is $2 for half an hour. Full day is $8. The exam and waiting time usually last around 2 hours anyway. You might as well pay for the whole day.

Reactions: PTJ

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just found out. The parking fee is $2 for half an hour. Full day is $8. The exam and waiting time usually last around 2 hours anyway. You might as well pay for the whole day.
Thanks for the update

AnthonX

Oct 30, 2019
Finally took our Canadian Citizenship oath last Friday. There were about 102 candidates. The room was divided into 2 sections. The first section is for the candidates which occupies about 2/3 of the room. The other 1/3 are for the guest. The ceremony took about a little over an hour. The screening of documents started around 8:30AM up until 9AM. Surprisingly, there was also a schedule for those taking the exam. The judge asked us to cheer loudly so as to encourage the exam takers. LOL. My journey ends here. It simply means that I will no longer be active in this forum. So good luck to all of you exam takers and oath takers. Cheers everyone!

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Finally took our Canadian Citizenship oath last Friday. There were about 102 candidates. The room was divided into 2 sections. The first section is for the candidates which occupies about 2/3 of the room. The other 1/3 are for the guest. The ceremony took about a little over an hour. The screening of documents started around 8:30AM up until 9AM. Surprisingly, there was also a schedule for those taking the exam. The judge asked us to cheer loudly so as to encourage the exam takers. LOL. My journey ends here. It simply means that I will no longer be active in this forum. So good luck to all of you exam takers and oath takers. Cheers everyone!
What is the address of Scarborough citizenship test centre?

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Would you guys reccomend if I go in Person and meet the official staff at the Scarborough office to check whats going on with my application...its more than 16 months...I did everything I could in my capacity, called up the call centre, contacted the MP, submitted web form twice, STILL NO TEST DATE AFTER FINGERPRINTS WERE RECEIVED ON 15 APRIL. I APP WAS RECEIVED ON 3RD JULY...PLEASE ADVISE ??? I think I m the only one left in Toronto from july 2018.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Would you guys reccomend if I go in Person and meet the official staff at the Scarborough office to check whats going on with my application...its more than 16 months...I did everything I could in my capacity, called up the call centre, contacted the MP, submitted web form twice, STILL NO TEST DATE AFTER FINGERPRINTS WERE RECEIVED ON 15 APRIL. I APP WAS RECEIVED ON 3RD JULY...PLEASE ADVISE ??? I think I m the only one left in Toronto from july 2018.
You will not be able to just walk in and talk to people at the office at Scarbs. It doesn’t work like that. Have you tried ordering GCMS notes? Should give you some insight into what stage your application is at with clearances. Did your MP receive a reply when they contacted IRCC? Follow up with them and see if they can do anything else.

Unfortunately, it’s still a waiting game from now on. Applicants who have been waiting 21+ months in other threads are even considering filing a mandamus.

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
You will not be able to just walk in and talk to people at the office at Scarbs. It doesn’t work like that. Have you tried ordering GCMS notes? Should give you some insight into what stage your application is at with clearances. Did your MP receive a reply when they contacted IRCC? Follow up with them and see if they can do anything else.

Unfortunately, it’s still a waiting game from now on. Applicants who have been waiting 21+ months in other threads are even considering filing a mandamus.
HOW DO I ORDER GCMS NOTES ?

deira

Sep 27, 2011
Hi guys, for those who wrote the exam in Scarborough. Why are they giving next day oath after the test for some while some others wait for weeks or month. Just wondering. Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just seen this thread! I saw someone on my Jan 2019 post who got their oath 5 days after exam so am keenly monitoring my email now. But I was told within 3 months and it does vary (just like AoR, FP, and all other dates and delays)

Yes parking is $8 for the day, be aware you have to park, go into the building and enter card and your license plate number, then take the receipt out and put it into car. It is a fairly easy drive from the 401 exit, GPS directions were fine.

There are places around where you can probably park for free, but given the area there are a lot of busy roads and given the weather I'd venture you don't want to be walking around much. It's not the cheapest but for ease and compared to the costs of Citizenship I'll be paying again when I get my oath.

kot81

May 15, 2017
Hi All,
Anyone who had the oath taken on Friday Nov 22nd? Did you see the status changed in eCas to Completed yet?
Thanks
Kot81

kot81

May 15, 2017
Anyone else here due for oath taking for the month of November 2019?

Please see my timeline below.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 17, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 29, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 29, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 15, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
Note: We received the email just recently on October 28th. Not sure about the gap the 20 days gap between the 8th and 28th. Maybe it has something to do with the election period.
AnthonX,
After you took the oath on Nov15th, do you remember when did your eCas status change from DecisionMade to Completed?
Thanks,
Kit81