+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
I've done it - but IRCC won't tell them anything they're not telling you via the phone or web form. Until 12 months is up, you wait. Fair or not - you wait.
I did use the services of MP's office. They can get the phone line a little faster. They can ask all questions without upsetting the agent who takes the call. And they will call you to update status. However they can not escalate, will call one once a month and most of the time they sympathize with the IRCC workload and "wait, everything will happen in due course". What else one can do? Mine is also 13 months now and still waiting for Oath; looks like there is a big backlog due to Mississauga applicants getting interviewed in Scarborough and then some are transferred to Mississauga for Oath and others are waiting for Oath letter. I went to MP's office yesterday and updated the consultant. looking eagerly for his reply on Monday. My issue is current passport is expiring in 3 weeks time and to renew it BLS takes 6 to 8 weeks!

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I did use the services of MP's office. They can get the phone line a little faster. They can ask all questions without upsetting the agent who takes the call. And they will call you to update status. However they can not escalate, will call one once a month and most of the time they sympathize with the IRCC workload and "wait, everything will happen in due course". What else one can do? Mine is also 13 months now and still waiting for Oath; looks like there is a big backlog due to Mississauga applicants getting interviewed in Scarborough and then some are transferred to Mississauga for Oath and others are waiting for Oath letter. I went to MP's office yesterday and updated the consultant. looking eagerly for his reply on Monday. My issue is current passport is expiring in 3 weeks time and to renew it BLS takes 6 to 8 weeks!
Thanks, quick question, when you say call once a month, does it mean the MP office has only a day in a month reserved to call them? sorry did not understand, my apologies, Thanks

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Thanks, quick question, when you say call once a month, does it mean the MP office has only a day in a month reserved to call them? sorry did not understand, my apologies, Thanks
When the MP's office calls, the call centre person ends the conversation by saying "hopefully there will be more updates in one month time". MP's office is reluctant to call if the application is less than one year. However they do accommodate if it is 10+ months old. Trust this clarifies.

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
When the MP's office calls, the call centre person ends the conversation by saying "hopefully there will be more updates in one month time". MP's office is reluctant to call if the application is less than one year. However they do accommodate if it is 10+ months old. Trust this clarifies.
Oh ok, Thank you for the clarification, and my application has passed 10 months, so hopefully, it works out.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
So basically, MP's office is using the same call centre to inquire as we do, I thought it would be a different process for MP's, they might have a different phone line or contact or something

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Yes - and it makes no difference unless you are beyond 12 months. My app was received on Oct 13th - DM on March 6th. Still waiting on Oath. Action can only be taken once the 12 month period is over - that is, beyond the IRCC standard processing time. It's very disheartening.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So basically, MP's office is using the same call centre to inquire as we do, I thought it would be a different process for MP's, they might have a different phone line or contact or something
It doesn't matter if it's the same number or a different one. They are provided with no more information than you are and can do nothing to expedite things unless 12 months have passed.

Reactions: qorax and ddavidd1

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing can be done even if the application is 12+ months old! They simply state "in due course you will be invited for the oath ceremony".
It depends what the status of the file is. If it's stuck in background checks, it can take longer for sure.

Asish

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Hello everyone,
On 11th Sept I became a Canadian citizen. Thanks everyone for help and timely advise.

All the best for those who still waiting, hang in there soon hopefully it comes.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2018 at 1:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 17, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 11, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 11, 2018.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello everyone,
On 11th Sept I became a Canadian citizen. Thanks everyone for help and timely advise.

All the best for those who still waiting, hang in there soon hopefully it comes.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2018 at 1:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 17, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 11, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 11, 2018.
Congratulations! Could you please let us know : Applied from Scarborough or Mississauga? Interview and oath at which location?

Asish

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Congratulations! Could you please let us know : Applied from Scarborough or Mississauga? Interview and oath at which location?
hi,

I have gave test in Scarborough and Oath in Mississauga

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
hi,

I have gave test in Scarborough and Oath in Mississauga
I have a question.
Does anyone know what is the criteria IRCC apply for inviting applicants for scheduling Oath ceremony?
By date of application? Date of interview? Date of DM (decision made)? By age ( young to older. )?
By selection from various countries of origin?
Kindly share your experience . Thanks in advance,

Reactions: Gigibanat