+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Based on the several feedback I have read, I think generally oath date depends on the application date (around one year or less from the date of application); can not relate to the date of test. Looks like some are called within 3 months of the application date for test and then after 3 to 4 months for Oath!

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
LOT of people. What's your question ?
do they consider express processing to an applicant who needs to be outside of canada. For example, I'll have my oath on Oct 10 and I need to travel on Nov. 10. Is it possible for me to have my passport done by then?
thanks!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
do they consider express processing to an applicant who needs to be outside of canada. For example, I'll have my oath on Oct 10 and I need to travel on Nov. 10. Is it possible for me to have my passport done by then?
thanks!
If you pay the fee, they will process it faster. Have your travel plans handy and apply in person at a Passport Canada office. In my son's case, we only paid $20 extra to be able to pick it up in 10 business days. That is a guaranteed service.

Reactions: Rootsman and qorax

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
If you pay the fee, they will process it faster. Have your travel plans handy and apply in person at a Passport Canada office. In my son's case, we only paid $20 extra to be able to pick it up in 10 business days. That is a guaranteed service.
Thank you! Much help. May I know where you applied at a passport office? I am planning to apply in whitby or scarborough passport office. Makes me confuse between service canada and passport office lol

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you! Much help. May I know where you applied at a passport office? I am planning to apply in whitby or scarborough passport office. Makes me confuse between service canada and passport office lol
Service Canada is very slow. Expect 2-4 weeks minimum for processing. Best to apply in person at the Passport office .. Scarborough seems to be quite fast. Within 4-5 business days typically (regular processing).

My passport took 10-12 business days because I made the mistake of applying at Service Canada.

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Waiting for the oath invite ... Today was told my file sent to Mississauga... has been almost 11 months since I applied. Was expecting it to be faster - my app is straight forward :-/

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
thanks!
That’s plenty of time. There’s absolutely no need to apply for express or even pick up based on your traveling plans. Once you wait the 2 business days or your e-cas says “complete”, go to a Passport Canada office and not a Service Canada. You should be able to get back the passport within 1 week despite what the clerk may say.

Reactions: qorax

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
Hi all. I had a question I was hoping people can help me with here. I received my oath letter yesterday why I email. However d e c a s has not yet been updated. That is, it is still showing decision made and the old ceremony step has not is not reflecting yet. Is that normal?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi all. I had a question I was hoping people can help me with here. I received my oath letter yesterday why I email. However d e c a s has not yet been updated. That is, it is still showing decision made and the old ceremony step has not is not reflecting yet. Is that normal?
e-CAS will remain "DM" till you take the oath. And would convert to "completed" within 48-hrs. after taking the oath.

Usually within 24-hrs. of receiving the oath invite email our e-CAS reflects it inside as a 5th or 6th line (as applicable). However, at this stage it is immaterial. As long as you have that oath invite email ~ you're all set.

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
We attended the oath ceremony for my father yesterday at Mississauga. The ceremony was very good and took about two hours to complete. The e-case status updated as Complete today with 6th line.

Thank you so much for all the support and information on this forum and the admins hard work for keeping the information organized in excel sheet.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
e-CAS will remain "DM" till you take the oath. And would convert to "completed" within 48-hrs. after taking the oath.

Usually within 24-hrs. of receiving the oath invite email our e-CAS reflects it inside as a 5th or 6th line (as applicable). However, at this stage it is immaterial. As long as you have that oath invite email ~ you're all set.

Thanks very much for the info. Appreciate it.