+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
The anthem is written in both languages... he can sing along to the best of his ability. However, the Oath has to be repeated out loud like a wedding vows. Even though he didn’t have to produce any language proof, I assume that he has to verbally take the oath like everyone else.(yes, they check if everyone is saying it... I believe they strategically place regular looking people posing as guests to check if people are actually repeating it out loud)
Thanks Joshua for your reply. I have printed the oath and the national anthem and having my Dad practice it at home before the ceremony. I will make sure that he is spelling it out loud at the ceremony and of course I will be there as well and would repeat it as well second time though for me.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Joshua for your reply. I have printed the oath and the national anthem and having my Dad practice it at home before the ceremony. I will make sure that he is spelling it out loud at the ceremony and of course I will be there as well and would repeat it as well second time though for me.
During Oath, they will give a booklet with O Canada printed on it. It is good to practice at home. The key is during English O Canada, sing it loud and clear by reading from book. And during French one, you father can still sing by reading from book. They will announce that your lips should move and you should be singing.

Reactions: saini01

saini01

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
During Oath, they will give a booklet with O Canada printed on it. It is good to practice at home. The key is during English O Canada, sing it loud and clear by reading from book. And during French one, you father can still sing by reading from book. They will announce that your lips should move and you should be singing.
Okay. That is good they provide the booklet for national anthem. I was thinking of bringing the printout for my father or just google on the phone. Thank You

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,

I checked ECAS and It updated today with:
  1. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
However I haven't received any email/mail since September 6. What should I do in this case?

Reactions: iwodamiorie

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Hi,

I checked ECAS and It updated today with:
  1. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
However I haven't received any email/mail since September 6. What should I do in this case?
exact same line. same time oath. However i received an email with the details. do you want to carpool?

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
exact same line. same time oath. However i received an email with the details. do you want to carpool?
I have to figure out first how to get the letter. Anyone here had their ECAS updated but didn't receive an email/mail? kindly advise

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just received the letter for the Oath after the status changed on ecas and it will be at the TELUS center 273 Bloor Street West downtown !
So not only at Mississauga or Scarborough, had my test in Scarborough
Hi Kenny,
How did you end up receiving the letter, by regular mail?
I got ECAS updated but didn't get any email/mail yet.

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
call ircc, and tell them about it.
I just called them, they have sent it by email (and they have my correct email) yet I have never received it (checked junk folder). The lady on the phone gave me the address and mentioned I can still go without the letter as they have me scheduled, and to bring some pieces of identity etc..

If anyone had a similar scenario and went without the letter let me know if you had any troubles.

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
If you want to update the Tracker:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 23, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 15, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* Application type: Single
* Test done at Scarborough
* Total Physical Presence: 1566 days
* Oath will be at Mississauga

PS: I have not received the letter for some reason, I called IRCC and they mentioned it was emailed to me on September 6, yet I have nothing in my inbox/junk folder. But the lady from IRCC mentioned I do not need it and I can go as I am listed, I should bring some pieces of ID, passports, PR Card and Landing document.

I am extremely happy, my Journey started in 2006 as a international student. Then Work Permit. Then PR and soon, even though by now I am 100% Canadian at heart, I will be able to finally and officially say that I am Canadian!

Thank you all for this blog, it helps a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigibanat

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to update the Tracker:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 23, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 15, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* Application type: Single
* Test done at Scarborough
* Total Physical Presence: 1566 days
* Oath will be at Mississauga

PS: I have not received the letter for some reason, I called IRCC and they mentioned it was emailed to me on September 6, yet I have nothing in my inbox/junk folder. But the lady from IRCC mentioned I do not need it and I can go as I am listed, I should bring some pieces of ID, passports, PR Card and Landing document.

I am extremely happy, my Journey started in 2006 as a international student. Then Work Permit. Then PR and soon, even though by now I am 100% Canadian at heart, I will be able to finally and officially say that I am Canadian!

Thank you all for this blog, it helps a lot!
Hi,

My ceremony is also in Missisauga. Mine is on 21st Sep.
I suggest you send them a query on a web form about the invitation. When they respond they will give you the address as well in the response. It will be better to go to the ceremony with atleast the print out of the web form query response.

This is just my suggestion. If I was you, I would have done this.

Reactions: Gigibanat

ChadC

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,

My ceremony is also in Missisauga. Mine is on 21st Sep.
I suggest you send them a query on a web form about the invitation. When they respond they will give you the address as well in the response. It will be better to go to the ceremony with atleast the print out of the web form query response.

This is just my suggestion. If I was you, I would have done this.
Thanks Rashu,

I called IRCC today and they gave me the address by phone. You think it is still better to also send a WebForm Request?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I just called them, they have sent it by email (and they have my correct email) yet I have never received it (checked junk folder). The lady on the phone gave me the address and mentioned I can still go without the letter as they have me scheduled, and to bring some pieces of identity etc..

If anyone had a similar scenario and went without the letter let me know if you had any troubles.
They probably sending it regular mail.