+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

dulz93

May 2, 2018
Hello everyone,
Yeasterday I became a Canadian citizen. The journey was frustrated but it worth it definitely.
This tribe was very helpful for me so thank you guys.

The ceremony was lovely event. At 9 am we started checking in. The clerk was leading us through the process. At 9:45 everyone was seated (97 ppl and I was the lucky last one to be fit in this event!) and alomst 10 am the presiding official came into the room.
After giving some lovely opening remarks we had the Oath. Make sure you say it out clearly cuz we have to, otherwise they won’t call you to get you certificate.
After taking the oath we started signing the oath and after, getting our certificates called by name.
Some closing remarks from the judge and then singing the national anthem. That was the last step and the ceremony was closed.

About guests, I had two but the guests area was almost empty, I could've bring more.

Joyful event, best day so enjoy it guys!
All the best for those who still waiting, hang in there soon hopefully it comes.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 7, 2018.
hey can you tell me what documents they checked? the oath asks to bring all the originals but im curious what exactly do they actually check.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
hey can you tell me what documents they checked? the oath asks to bring all the originals but im curious what exactly do they actually check.
Usually, they just check the invitation letter and your PR card (which is taken away). But it’s safer to have all required documents with you.

Reactions: dulz93

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
At the oath, they check your invitation letter for oath, and the PR Card.
They will take away the PR Card from you.
So make sure you take that with you. I doubt if they check more since decision has been made.
Always good to carry some ID with you anyways, like most people have their wallet/purse with them which has driver license, credit cards etc
You can take your COPR and Passport with you just in case.

Reactions: dulz93

Sasha1989

Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
Yeasterday I became a Canadian citizen. The journey was frustrated but it worth it definitely.

The ceremony was lovely event. At 9 am we started checking in. The clerk was leading us through the process. At 9:45 everyone was seated (97 ppl and I was the lucky last one to be fit in this event!) and alomst 10
Hey, so they checked only PR and invitation for most ppl.
There were a family where they asked them about passports, landing paper and some IDs
It’s safer to take them all, you never know if they might ask for.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Reg. docs to bring, my Oath Letter states the following:

When you come to your citizenship ceremony, you must bring with you: 
  1. this notice; 
  2. 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card); Note: minors are not required to show identification with a signature. 
  3. All of the original documents in your possession – Immigration Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688); 
  4. Permanent Resident Card (if you have a landing document and a Permanent Resident Card, you must bring both of them); 
  5. All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired); 
  6. (optional) a holy book, of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship; 
  7. a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with this notice).

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys,

I just went on eCas and the 5th line was there !!!!
The notice was sent September 7 to take the oath on September 24th !!!!!!!!! Didn't receive an email so I guess I should receive something by regular mail.

Admin can you please update the tracker.

Not sure yet where the ceremony will be. I am from toronto, had the test in Scarborough.
Finally, I am sooo happy the journey from international student, to work permit, to PR and now Citizen has come to an end !

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi guys,

The notice was sent September 7 to take the oath on September 24th !!!!!!!!! Didn't receive an email so I guess I should receive something by regular mail.

Not sure yet where the ceremony will be. I am from toronto, had the test in Scarborough.
Finally, I am sooo happy the journey from international student, to work permit, to PR and now Citizen has come to an end !
updated, congrats

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi guys,

Congrats! That was my journey as well. It’s very satisfying!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi guys,

Most likely your Oath will be in Mississauga because they seems to send Oath Invite by mail unless Toronto have a special ceremony. Congrats

Is there anyone in this group attended test / interview in August 2018 at Scarborough CIC and received invitation for Oath?
I did the interview on 14th August 2018 and I was told, will get priority for oath date as my application has passed one year, but nothing has happened yet. Inquired using web form and got a reply yesterday saying ‘will be called for oath in due course ‘. Looks like we have to wait for a couple of months, if not more ...
Your invitation should come soon. Hang in there.

Hello everyone,

The ceremony was lovely event. At 9 am we started checking in. The clerk was leading us through the process. At 9:45 everyone was seated (97 ppl and I was the lucky last one to be fit in this event!) and alomst 10 am the presiding official came into the room.
After giving some lovely opening remarks we had the Oath. Make sure you say it out clearly cuz we have to, otherwise they won’t call you to get you certificate.
After taking the oath we started signing the oath and after, getting our certificates called by name.
Some closing remarks from the judge and then singing the national anthem. That was the last step and the ceremony was closed.

About guests, I had two but the guests area was almost empty, I could've bring more.

Joyful event, best day so enjoy it guys!
All the best for those who still waiting, hang in there soon hopefully it comes.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on September 7, 2018.
Congrats!!!

Hi guys,

Congrats!!!