+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
It is not there. what number should I call?

Client Support Centre contact options

• Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
      • make decisions on applications
      • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
  • If you are hearing impaired, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502.

Reactions: TLHeart

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Client Support Centre contact options
  • Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
      • make decisions on applications
      • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
  • If you are hearing impaired, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. your local time by calling 1-888-576-8502.
Lovely--thanks so much.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Lovely--thanks so much.
With the phone, you have to be very patient. Last time I tried, I had to call about 30 times (29 times it just said the volume of calls is high and there is no agent available and call just dropps). 30th time I was connected and put on hold for 37 minutes before I could speak with a person... Thankfully, my boss is understanding and I could use work phone for this and have the call on speaker while waiting and working away.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omg!!! I got an oath invite finally! I took my test Jan 23, DM Jan 24 (Applied Sept 11).

The weird thing is: I never received an email. I just checked online and almost fell over when I saw this:
  1. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Updated. Congrats!!

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Lovely--thanks so much.
Congratulations.
I’m holding my breath now.
Ours is a family application, with dates for all a few days after you.
I had called CIC number a few days ago & the agent said that, since we’re a family. the paperwork will be more.
All the best

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
Actually, I've read on other forums that people who showed up with kids were not welcomed...
That is not true. When I went for my test in Scarborough, there was a family with a baby in the stroller. They gave 2 options to the family.....

1. One of the parent writes the test first and the 2nd waits with the baby outside. When the 1st parent was done the test, the 2nd could write the test and the 1st one would mind the baby.

2. One parent writes the test in the test room and the 2nd parent writes the test in the adjoining interview room with the baby.

The parents chose the 2nd option .So, I am sure that they will not send anyone home if they came with a baby. They were very accomodating

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
That is not true. When I went for my test in Scarborough, there was a family with a baby in the stroller. They gave 2 options to the family.....

1. One of the parent writes the test first and the 2nd waits with the baby outside. When the 1st parent was done the test, the 2nd could write the test and the 1st one would mind the baby.

2. One parent writes the test in the test room and the 2nd parent writes the test in the adjoining interview room with the baby.

The parents chose the 2nd option .So, I am sure that they will not send anyone home if they came with a baby. They were very accomodating
Good to hear, Canada is a wonderful country indeed..! :)

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Congratulations.
I’m holding my breath now.
Ours is a family application, with dates for all a few days after you.
I had called CIC number a few days ago & the agent said that, since we’re a family. the paperwork will be more.
All the best
thanks, poshy. sending a prayer out for you to get the freaking invite as soon as possible. the waiting is really unfun.

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
With the phone, you have to be very patient. Last time I tried, I had to call about 30 times (29 times it just said the volume of calls is high and there is no agent available and call just dropps). 30th time I was connected and put on hold for 37 minutes before I could speak with a person... Thankfully, my boss is understanding and I could use work phone for this and have the call on speaker while waiting and working away.
Gotcha. I have read this from other forum users, so was prepared for it to be an unpleasant process. It may come by mail too. I'll let folks know the outcome when I have more info.

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
omg!!! I got an oath invite finally! I took my test Jan 23, DM Jan 24 (Applied Sept 11).

The weird thing is: I never received an email. I just checked online and almost fell over when I saw this:
  1. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulation..
Good to know that they are adding more ceremonies in May.

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012

Easy to believe. They are very friendly, they have big test rooms plus interview rooms.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
That is not true.
What do you mean by that? You had an experience and assume this is what happens to everybody else? Let's say the OP goes there and is told that he/she cannot get in with their baby, will they say but someone told me that you guys allowed them to...?

I work for the gvt and I can tell you, while some people may accommodate, others are extremely legalistic and strict. I just don't want the OP to go there and meet the "wrong" bureaucrat and have a bad day. At the end of the day, it's up to people to do whatever they want.

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Congrats!