+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
omg!!! I got an oath invite finally! I took my test Jan 23, DM Jan 24 (Applied Sept 11).

The weird thing is: I never received an email. I just checked online and almost fell over when I saw this:
  1. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats buddy!

Reactions: TLHeart
That is not true. When I went for my test in Scarborough, there was a family with a baby in the stroller. They gave 2 options to the family.....

1. One of the parent writes the test first and the 2nd waits with the baby outside. When the 1st parent was done the test, the 2nd could write the test and the 1st one would mind the baby.

2. One parent writes the test in the test room and the 2nd parent writes the test in the adjoining interview room with the baby.

The parents chose the 2nd option .So, I am sure that they will not send anyone home if they came with a baby. They were very accomodating
Thanks for finally confirming my thoughts.

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Per my earlier post about finding out about receiving the oath invite via ECAS, I also received the Oath Invite via regular mail today, and not via email, although all of my other correspondence was through email.

Very interesting that the ceremony May 29th is "Toronto Newcomer Day" and its a 4 hour event with roundtable discussions, lunch, a speech by the mayor, and then the oath/citizenship ceremony and reception.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Per my earlier post about finding out about receiving the oath invite via ECAS, I also received the Oath Invite via regular mail today, and not via email, although all of my other correspondence was through email.

Very interesting that the ceremony May 29th is "Toronto Newcomer Day" and its a 4 hour event with roundtable discussions, lunch, a speech by the mayor, and then the oath/citizenship ceremony and reception.
Where’s the ceremony at?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
At Nathan Phillips Square in downtown TO. sorry, forgot to mention that part.
Interesting, Toronto seems to host those random ceremonies around twice a month, there was one in North York last week. Wish they had more of these to clear the queue faster!

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Interesting, Toronto seems to host those random ceremonies around twice a month, there was one in North York last week. Wish they had more of these to clear the queue faster!
Right??? It took 4.5 months in between DM and Oath invite for me. Not terrible but felt like a long wait.

Reactions: emamabd

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
What do you mean by that? You had an experience and assume this is what happens to everybody else? Let's say the OP goes there and is told that he/she cannot get in with their baby, will they say but someone told me that you guys allowed them to...?

I work for the gvt and I can tell you, while some people may accommodate, others are extremely legalistic and strict. I just don't want the OP to go there and meet the "wrong" bureaucrat and have a bad day. At the end of the day, it's up to people to do whatever they want.
Yes, I am basing it on my experience but you are saying things based on your assumption. It is based on something that you "feel".

I agree that there can be "bad" bureaucrats but they cannot refuse someone to write the test because the family could not find a baby sitter. Can you imagine the outrage it would cause? Plus that would be a violation of the very foundation of rule that Canada is based on i.e. people cannot be discriminated against.

Now, I am not denying the fact that there could be some lousy federal agents but unless and until you have actually seen someone being turned away because they bought a baby, it is all just speculation. What I am saying is based on actual experience.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
get a babysitter, a friend, or family etc as extra support in case of issues.
Any employer would understand and should be able to give timeoff. Nobody's going to fire anyone over that

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
That's good news! The more ceremonies the better :p
I curious how could they find judges for these events when Scarborough does not even have a full time judge? Especially for the 15 ceremonies at the same in GTA on Canada Day?

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
Today, I have applied for the passports at Whitby Passport office after taking an Oath on Wed. She said it will be delivered within 10 days. Eagerly waiting :)