+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Usually the MP is helping only in hard cases or overdue applications. I was surprised to hear they are getting involved with someone else application from September (not 100% sure, but it wasn't late one). I want to see if that helped the person or not. In some cases, if they are transferring files to other CPC it takes months and delays the process even further.
You are right. Sometimes trying to transfer the file might end up delaying the process even further. So we cant really say if thats a good option.

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Guys
I am the one whose file was transferred To Mississauga from Scarborough.
It is not my choice... when the MP talk to them .. they told him that my file was in transient to Mississauga.
so the MP did not ask them to transfer the file.
MP aked generally why I am August applicant and till now not call for the oath?
They answered him because his zipcode in Mississauga we transferred the file there. Till now nothing happened with me.
I applied on Aug 9, test Feb 5 in Scarborough... till now waiting

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi Guys

Lately I realize that applicants from Scarborough CPC are getting frustrated. Logically delays in oath invite may be due to genuine reasons

1) Higher number of applicants in Scarborough . Tracking the spreadsheet we observe that only very few oath invitation to forum members . So who are taking oaths with average ceremonies around 12 or more per month.
2) There appears few discrepancies like one or two members overdue and couple of them out of turn. If we average it out, it is approximately 4 to 8 weeks spread out maximum
3) since no one knows the internal working, making wild guess create more frustration
4) In my opinion higher number of applicants is the real cause of delays and lack of resources available to clear the built up backlog
Therefore let us be patient

Last edited:
Reactions: iwodamiorie

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
Hello Folks,

Today me and my children took an oath and became Canadian :)
We went to the Scarborough CIC office. There were 88 new canadians from 24 countries and about 40 visitors. They are strict to only one guest per applicants.

The room were good enough to accommodate upto 150 people, not sure why didn’t they call more :(

Anyway I wish all of you the best wishes and speedy processing. I will apply for my passport on Saturday.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hello Folks,

Today me and my children took an oath and became Canadian :)
We went to the Scarborough CIC office. There were 88 new canadians from 24 countries and about 40 visitors. They are strict to only one guest per applicants.

The room were good enough to accommodate upto 150 people, not sure why didn’t they call more :(

Anyway I wish all of you the best wishes and speedy processing. I will apply for my passport on Saturday.
Congrats!

Hello Everyone, I have quick question: Me and my wife have been scheduled for the citizenship test on the 15th of may at the Scarborough location and we have a 1 year old for whom we are struggling to find any baby sitters. My question is can we take in our 1 year old to the test center for the test and interview?
Thanks A Lot!!
As a parent myself and I know it is not easy to give your child to just anybody to sit. I will agree with the kind suggestion above to reschedule one parent and have one of you take the test for now while the other sit the child.
Even with that, if possible, both of you can go to the building on the first test date, one parent wait outside and one go in and discuss your situation with the officer. You never can tell, if they have 2 test sessions that day, the second parent may be able to go in for that one. I know they give special considerations to parents of young kids.

Do you take your 1 year old to important meetings at work? Same concept...its common sense.

Do you/your wife have "family friends" where you can ask them to watch your child for that day? Did you ask in your neighborhood ..there could be stay-home mothers running day cares. You should be able to figure something out.
Yes, I have taken my 9 month old to a job interview before and I got the job (mind you, the job was with a provincial government department). I use to take my son to work occasionally too when I had no other option. This is Canada and people are sympathetic when it comes to children. It is not everyone in Canada that have families or friends here they trust enough to sit their child. And I will not give my baby to a random neighbour for any reason whatsoever. Citizenship is important but there are things way more important.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
In the citizenship test invitation letter they have mentioned to bring some documents including one line that says:

All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);

what does this actually includes? Please share your experiences specially in the Scarborough office.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Yes, I have taken my 9 month old to a job interview before and I got the job (mind you, the job was with a provincial government department). I use to take my son to work occasionally too when I had no other option. This is Canada and people are sympathetic when it comes to children. It is not everyone in Canada that have families or friends here they trust enough to sit their child. And I will not give my baby to a random neighbour for any reason whatsoever. Citizenship is important but there are things way more important.
I understand, and have kids of my own..but, remember - we are talking here about a citizenship test - so its not only about you, one needs to consider the impact on others. A 1 year old is unpredictable, can cry, shout , walk around and will disturb others...therefore i said it doesn't make sense.

As for taking kids to the job, it largely depends on what you do...in my case it wouldn't make sense hence my comment.

In the citizenship test invitation letter they have mentioned to bring some documents including one line that says:

All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);

what does this actually includes? Please share your experiences specially in the Scarborough office.
Honestly, I was not sure when I went so I took my entire immigration box with me. She only asked to see an ID and my passport. I asked her if she needed any more document she said no. As interviewers may have different approaches, I will say take all the originals of documents sent in your application. The ones on the citizenship application checklist.
My interview ended in 5-7 minutes.

Last edited:

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

In my case i had a folder with me that includes all original and all other documents that support the application and prove residency in Canada (basically i prepared for the interview as if it was an "RQ").

However in my interview, the officer didn't ask to see any of my documents...he only asked for original passports, asked me where i worked and for how many years and that was it. Same with my wife.

Interview was very brief about 5-8 mins, no questions asked apart from what i mentioned above.

I understand, and have kids of my own..but, remember - we are talking here about a citizenship test - so its not only about you, one needs to consider the impact on others. A 1 year old is unpredictable, can cry, shout , walk around and will disturb others...therefore i said it doesn't make sense.

As for taking kids to the job, it largely depends on what you do...in my case it wouldn't make sense hence my comment.
That is what I wanted to make aware that situations are different and warrant different measures. I did not advise anyone to take a child for the test especially when they have been advised not to on the letter. I just do not like trivialising a frustrating issue for another person.

Reactions: emamabd

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018

If you submitted copies of English test, you have to bring the original, if you have marriage cert or name change document, you have to bring the original...
Pretty much everything that on the check list was asking for copy, bring that original document.

They may not ask for anything, but they might ask for all of it.

Our interviewer/officer asked for my marriage cert as she have never seen one from province it was issued in.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Guys
I am the one whose file was transferred To Mississauga from Scarborough.
It is not my choice... when the MP talk to them .. they told him that my file was in transient to Mississauga.
so the MP did not ask them to transfer the file.
MP aked generally why I am August applicant and till now not call for the oath?
They answered him because his zipcode in Mississauga we transferred the file there. Till now nothing happened with me.
I applied on Aug 9, test Feb 5 in Scarborough... till now waiting
Keep up posted, please :)