+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
im a may applicant,done test 24 august no dm till today.requested atop twice and wrote a complain on the web got reply everything is fine :(
What do your GCMS notes show ? Are security and criminality checks completed ? Any checks still in progress ?

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Even when I took my test back In january, there was no computer on the table and I categorically asked the officer if the BG check on my file was done and he affirmed me that it was done. I got DM two days later. So I think it is not really about who has computer in front of them or not, it is more of the completion of BG check. And remember BG check has multiple layers. It is just not criminal check, they also check for any any provisions or security hold. So sometime all three phases of clearances May take some additional time. And also note that, if our country of origin is from the Middle East or from any particular region on which they have legitimate concerns, that may result in long process delay also. Just hang on, it will come.

Reactions: sTAR lu and kam47j

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
I called the CIC number, waited for over 45 minutes, finally spoke with someone, but got no more information than what I already knew. He said I had to just wait it out.
As for my interviewer, he did not have a computer, but we got the DM the next day.
I think it varies from case to case, and now it seems from the officer you get, which is frustrating, as there is no consistency.
I think so as only applicants who are required to take the test show decision made after the test - minors/seniors do not show decision made but continue to show in process until the oath. I believe it has something to do with passing the test has to be entered on the system...as DM before oath

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
Looks like Scarborough is starting to process oaths for June 2017 applicants. Does anyone know the number on guests allowed at Scarborough ceremonies?

"We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM."

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Looks like Scarborough is starting to process oaths for June 2017 applicants. Does anyone know the number on guests allowed at Scarborough ceremonies?

"We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM."

I believe it is one hundred (100)

Tdotmem

Feb 7, 2018

When I went to take my test, there was a line up for Oath Ceremony - from what I heard, they kept saying one additional member per person. Probably, it will be written in the document that you have received.

Reactions: Felonious.Spunk

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

Did you get email or mail?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Congratulation!!!!!!! Thanks for posting

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012

Congratulations!!

Great! Me and you took the test on same day. January 3rd. I believe you applied end of June 2017. I was at the end of July 2017. By that arithmetic only I can expect mine sometime Middle of April may be :)

Last edited:

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys,

Help me with a suitable answer please whoever knows. Here you go:

During the in process stage, at what point of time does our file gets transferred to our local office(Scarborough). Because they were doing my background check while it was in Sydney and now I got to know it's transferred to my local office. Is this mean my background check is completed??

Please help me guys. Thanks

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello guys,

Help me with a suitable answer please whoever knows. Here you go:

During the in process stage, at what point of time does our file gets transferred to our local office(Scarborough). Because they were doing my background check while it was in Sydney and now I got to know it's transferred to my local office. Is this mean my background check is completed??

Please help me guys. Thanks
Nobody knows how IRCC works when I did my test interview they said background was still being done.

sTAR lu

Dec 5, 2017
Even when I took my test back In january, there was no computer on the table and I categorically asked the officer if the BG check on my file was done and he affirmed me that it was done. I got DM two days later. So I think it is not really about who has computer in front of them or not, it is more of the completion of BG check. And remember BG check has multiple layers. It is just not criminal check, they also check for any any provisions or security hold. So sometime all three phases of clearances May take some additional time. And also note that, if our country of origin is from the Middle East or from any particular region on which they have legitimate concerns, that may result in long process delay also. Just hang on, it will come.
you could be right,because i hv unnecessary delays maybe its because i hv gulf countries stamps i visited :(