+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
We applied as a family in September 2017.
Got our citizenship test in Scarborough on January 24th, 2018. DM the following day. Been impatiently awaiting oath.
Need to travel mid March for 3 weeks.
By the look of this forum, I shouldn’t expect a letter of oath before June/July 2018...?
Also, are people getting informed by Canada Post or emai?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
We applied as a family in September 2017.
Got our citizenship test in Scarborough on January 24th, 2018. DM the following day. Been impatiently awaiting oath.
Need to travel mid March for 3 weeks.
By the look of this forum, I shouldn’t expect a letter of oath before June/July 2018...?
Also, are people getting informed by Canada Post or emai?
I don’t think they have a full time judge in Scarborough that’s why it take so long for Oath Invite.One of the forum member was saying there is a posting online for a full time judge in Scarborough so I guess we have to be patient and wait it out our turn is coming just don’t know when.goodluck.

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello folks,
I'm July applicant, My concern is I got the test on 8th of January in Scarborough office and since the date my ECAS still showing In Process and I called them two weeks ago to ask the reason and the agent told me everything looks in progressive but the thing is it has taken so long in comparison with the others who to the exam after me in the same office and got at least DM. please let me know if you have any idea with the same status.
Thanks,

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I don’t think they have a full time judge in Scarborough that’s why it take so long for Oath Invite.One of the forum member was saying there is a posting online for a full time judge in Scarborough so I guess we have to be patient and wait it out our turn is coming just don’t know when.goodluck.

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Was it a guy who interviewed you? Caucasian? chubby? Did the interviewer tell you, you were approved at the interview? What exactly did the call center say to you, anything pending, or waiting to schedule oath? (ask them that)

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I wasn’t told I was approved. Just told it takes up to a year from the date of application.
As the test came fast, as well as the DM, I presumed the letter of Oath will follow suit. This forum is helpful as I was expecting the Oath any day.
I’m wondering, are people getting it in the mail or via email?

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
I wasn’t told I was approved. Just told it takes up to a year from the date of application.
As the test came fast, as well as the DM, I presumed the letter of Oath will follow suit. This forum is helpful as I was expecting the Oath any day.
I’m wondering, are people getting it in the mail or via email?

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
but you said that DM does not show on your ecas???? what are you saying now that ecas shows DM?
I was replying to Kam47J matter but I believe the are doing June-July oath applicants oath in March 2018 and the invitation should come by e-mail

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Thanks.
Just wondering, any idea how long it takes to clear each month’s applications?
I’m early September, so...

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was replying to Kam47J matter but I believe the are doing June-July oath applicants oath in March 2018 and the invitation should come by e-mail
Hello RP1:
No, the interviewer was a middle age lady with glasses, at interview every thing was ok, except cause I had never left Canada during my 4 years, I didn't have my stamps translation with me which was asked for to prepare ASAP. I did and delivered it in the same day and gave her personally by interviewer suggestion to keep my turn for oath without any delay, but she said it will take between period of 12 months. My concern is I have never got my DM so far and agent told me every thing is normal and if they need some thing then will contact me! some body got DM on the day after in Scarborough office.
any idea with thanks,

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello RP1:
No, the interviewer was a middle age lady with glasses, at interview every thing was ok, except cause I had never left Canada during my 4 years, I didn't have my stamps translation with me which was asked for to prepare ASAP. I did and delivered it in the same day and gave her personally by interviewer suggestion to keep my turn for oath without any delay, but she said it will take between period of 12 months. My concern is I have never got my DM so far and agent told me every thing is normal and if they need some thing then will contact me! some body got DM on the day after in Scarborough office.
any idea with thanks,
Did the officer mention whether your background checks were complete ? If not, then that's likely the reason why you don't have DM yet.

If they were complete, then I suppose the officer hasn't revisited your application after receiving the translation to confirm your eligibility. Just have to wait it out. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: kam47j