+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
An August Applicant from Scarborough already got an oath invite for March 22. How does it make sense while many DM applicants from July are not invited yet! see below:

gashonline said:

Appreciate the efforts of the admin and the contributors for sharing and updating the data. It definitely gave me a broader perspective, something that most people would agree.

admin, can you please update?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 5, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 22, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on March 22, 2018.

Reactions: emamabd

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
An August Applicant from Scarborough already got an oath invite for March 22. How does it make sense while many DM applicants from July are not invited yet! see below:

gashonline said:

Appreciate the efforts of the admin and the contributors for sharing and updating the data. It definitely gave me a broader perspective, something that most people would agree.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 21, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 22, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Some people is just lucky I stop trying to figure out the IRCC I guess we just have to wait and see.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

gashonline said:

Because it will go based on "DM" also - not just the month they applied.

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Because it will go based on "DM" also - not just the month they applied.
We are not sure if this person is telling the truth, only Missau...does it that early, according to the history, August applicants should start end of April to get oath...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are not sure if this person is telling the truth, only Missau...does it that early, according to the history, August applicants should start end of April to get oath...
What person? What are you talking about?

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
What person? What are you talking about?

gashonline said:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

gashonline said:

I suppose you're suggesting the person submitting the update may be less than truthful, but I don't know what someone would gain by doing so. Yes, I suppose it starts a tizzy among the forum users, but is that enough motivation? Maybe. I take the submission at face value. Why did this get done before some others? The timeline does suggest some special handling compared to what we've seen from this office, so maybe it's possible there was a reason to rush the application? Who knows.

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
This forum has been great and very informative.
I was checking my mail ((Canada Post) every day after I got DM. I was sure my letter of Oath would be forthcoming.
I relaxed after reading the general wait times. Have been on a short holiday as well as I knew not to expect it before May/June, being a September applicant.
So, thank you for the regular updates.
It’ll happen eventually.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
This forum has been great and very informative.
I was checking my mail ((Canada Post) every day after I got DM. I was sure my letter of Oath would be forthcoming.
I relaxed after reading the general wait times. Have been on a short holiday as well as I knew not to expect it before May/June, being a September applicant.
So, thank you for the regular updates.
It’ll happen eventually.
I believe they usually e-mail your oath invitation for Scarborough

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I suppose you're suggesting the person submitting the update may be less than truthful, but I don't know what someone would gain by doing so. Yes, I suppose it starts a tizzy among the forum users, but is that enough motivation? Maybe. I take the submission at face value. Why did this get done before some others? The timeline does suggest some special handling compared to what we've seen from this office, so maybe it's possible there was a reason to rush the application? Who knows.
Yes I don't really believe the person is not telling the truth, what is he going to gain from that! It's simply that we know too little about how they treat case by case to tell the reason.

Also jsm0085 mentioned it may go based on DM not only month applied. I don't think it's the case as well as myself and many others on this forum got DM back in Dec2017 and Nov2017 while he got it on Jan15 or after (as that was his test date) and still got oath before us so I don't think DM date here is a factor.
Sad truth is we simply don't know and better just wait silently because trying to know things we have no access to will just add frustration and stress and won't get us anywhere.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Also jsm0085 mentioned it may go based on DM not only month applied. I don't think it's the case as well as myself and many others on this forum got DM back in Dec2017 and Nov2017 while he got it on Jan15 or after (as that was his test date) and still got oath before us so I don't think DM date here is a factor.
Interesting....maybe it was processed as an "urgent" application? Or if that's the case his ecas would've shown?!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting....maybe it was processed as an "urgent" application? Or if that's the case his ecas would've shown?!
It'll depend on the processing office, availability, application date and DM date. There is no simple equation. But in order to really assess the data, you need to look at like-for-like. But I'm getting exhausted with all this chat - because it isn't helping anyone. We just need to wait and relax.

So much over thinking is happening on here. We just need to relax.

Reactions: sofia.m

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
4 months since DM hopefully in the next 2 months I will get Oath Invite fingers crossed.
I am really worried. It has been 5 months since DM for me. People who applied after me in July already got their oath invites in Scarborough. I hope they did not make any errors. I have been postponing my surgery as well :(