+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does the judge do that? It was my impression they had people walking the aisles, making sure people are reciting it, not just the judge.
To my understanding, the judge has to be able to "oversee" this based on the number of immigrants receiving citizenship.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
To my understanding, the judge has to be able to "oversee" this based on the number of immigrants receiving citizenship.
I'm pretty sure the judge's ability to oversee 90 isn't any better than to oversee 200. Either way, they can't possibly do that without helpers, whom I suppose would have to be officers.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm pretty sure the judge's ability to oversee 90 isn't any better than to oversee 200. Either way, they can't possibly do that without helpers, whom I suppose would have to be officers.
I'd disagree. And to be clear, I didn't say they didn't have helpers - I said they need to be able to reasonably oversee the applicants. I think it's a pretty simplistic view to assume that all they need is more space. But that's just me. We could argue about this all day - but it's not going to change what's happening.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I'd disagree. And to be clear, I didn't say they didn't have helpers - I said they need to be able to reasonably oversee the applicants. I think it's a pretty simplistic view to assume that all they need is more space. But that's just me. We could argue about this all day - but it's not going to change what's happening.
https://www.utoronto.ca/news/marking-canada-s-150th-anniversary-hundreds-sworn-new-citizens-u-t-s-convocation-hall

500 in one sitting, December 2017. Obviously, it can be done.

I agree with you, though, it's not going to happen with any frequency. In my opinion, though, it's because there isn't a need to do so. They are keeping up with their obligation to process applications within the 12 month timeline.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I don’t think Scarborough office care a rat nest about their backlog they have 12 months to process and they seem to drag it as close as they can other wise they wouldn’t be taking applicants from different office at least we in Scarborough no what to expect but the people from Mississauga who they process in Scarborough it’s must be hard for them seeing their city giving out Oath Invite in 2-4 weeks and they have to wait 6 months in Scarborough I will be fuming but we will get sooner or later.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.utoronto.ca/news/marking-canada-s-150th-anniversary-hundreds-sworn-new-citizens-u-t-s-convocation-hall

500 in one sitting, December 2017. Obviously, it can be done.

I agree with you, though, it's not going to happen with any frequency. In my opinion, though, it's because there isn't a need to do so. They are keeping up with their obligation to process applications within the 12 month timeline.
It's not to say it can't be done - but it depends on resources. You can only compare this particular ceremony to our discussion if you know: -

- The number of citizenship judges in attendance
- The number of "helpers"
- If all 500 oaths were completed at once or in groups.

Context is everything. So again, I don't think it's as simple as a big space.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t think Scarborough office care a rat nest about their backlog they have 12 months to process and they seem to drag it as close as they can other wise they wouldn’t be taking applicants from different office at least we in Scarborough no what to expect but the people from Mississauga who they process in Scarborough it’s must be hard for them seeing their city giving out Oath Invite in 2-4 weeks and they have to wait 6 months in Scarborough I will be fuming but we will get sooner or later.
I disagree completely. Scarborough is the biggest processing center in the country. It's hilarious that you actually think the office and its employees would intentionally not act if they could. It comes down to what I've already spelled out.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I disagree completely. Scarborough is the biggest processing center in the country. It's hilarious that you actually think the office and its employees would intentionally not act if they could. It comes down to what I've already spelled out.
When I did my test interview they made sure everyone knows it’s a 12 months process.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I sent my application in knowing that it could take 12 months because that is what they advertised as a processing time. As long as it's done in that time frame, I'm fine. I recognize that other offices can process applications quicker, but that's just because there are so many more people flocking to the Toronto area. It's a small price to pay to live where I choose.

Reactions: jsm0085

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It's not to say it can't be done - but it depends on resources. You can only compare this particular ceremony to our discussion if you know: -

- The number of citizenship judges in attendance
- The number of "helpers"
- If all 500 oaths were completed at once or in groups.

Context is everything. So again, I don't think it's as simple as a big space.
And I'm sure the citizenship officers that had to coordinate that affair are happy it doesn't happen on a regular basis. lol

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
A small part of me wishes I'd never stumbled across this forum and remained in blissful ignorance, just patiently waiting without a care of what was happening for other applicants. lol

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how lively this thread gets when that first October oath invite is announced. :)

Reactions: jsm0085 and aronnok

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
A small part of me wishes I'd never stumbled across this forum and remained in blissful ignorance, just patiently waiting without a care of what was happening for other applicants. lol

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how lively this thread gets when that first October oath invite is announced. :)
#MeToo

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

Everyday just wasting time. They should only invite people to test those have passed everything. That way we would have avoided this whole waiting game when we were told in the interview that everything is done all you need is oath invite.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyday just wasting time. They should only invite people to test those have passed everything. That way we would have avoided this whole waiting game when we were told in the interview that everything is done all you need is oath invite.
I have passed everything. The wait is simply about waiting for an available oath date.