Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Well I received my first set of GMCS notes yesterday. The last page contained some positive feedback from the VO - including ''relationship seems genuine - info/documents support it's bona fide '' ''recommended to waive interview'' passed on to VO etc

Eligibility assessment:1
created: 2016/03/19
updated: 2016/05/03
conditional: yes
status recommend: pass
due date; 2017/03/18

the eligibility seems fine as it's been updated etc but the only concern is the due date of 2017?? my medicals even expire before that date. I'm confused with the security and criminality below as the progress seems to be behind with no recent updates - here is what it says ...

Security 1 (nothing noted in the corner)
created date: 2016/03/19
updated: 2016/03/19
type: security
status updated : 2016/03/19 ( looks like nothing was updated since it was created?)
due date: 2017/03/18

CRIMINALITY 1
created date: 2016/03/19
updated date: 2016/03/19
type: criminality
status updated: 2016/03/19
due date: 2017/03/18

Medical: PASSED

INFO SHARING: 1
created date: 2016/03/15
updated date; 2016/03/15
type: BIOGRAPHIC
partner: USA
due date: 2016/04/13

So I guess my only concern is the extended due dates and the fact that security and criminality have not been updated recently. Any feedback would be much appreciated

thank you in advance,
kindly
John (Toronto)
Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing. I don't know why they have extended the dates and I also hope it doesn't take that long. We started our process just couple weeks before you. Apparently August has been a very slow month for SP VO and also some other locations.

I hope we all hear from them soon. If we don't hear from CIC till September we will apply for our first GMCS notes. We will be completing 8 months on September since we applied. We still hope to hear anything from them sometime soon!!!! CIC website processing dates still up to 9 months for Outland Family Sponsorship so I hope it doesn't take more than 9 months and we hope even more it wouldn't take the 9 months. Almost going crazy here! Hehe!

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
nsjk16 said:
Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing. I don't know why they have extended the dates and I also hope it doesn't take that long. We started our process just couple weeks before you. Apparently August has been a very slow month for SP VO and also some other locations.

I hope we all hear from them soon. If we don't hear from CIC till September we will apply for our first GMCS notes. We will be completing 8 months on September since we applied. We still hope to hear anything from them sometime soon!!!! CIC website processing dates still up to 9 months for Outland Family Sponsorship so I hope it doesn't take more than 9 months and we hope even more it wouldn't take the 9 months. Almost going crazy here! Hehe!
Hi there,

We don't anticipate the process taking longer then 9 months but one never knows. I would suggest you order your notes now because you'll have a clear idea as to the progress of your application. The VO includes notes about your file which I'm sure will put your mind at ease.

If you need help in applying feel free to private message me too.

Wish you both all the best - hope we all have our fairy tale ending

Cheers,
John (Toronto)

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
canadiangirl90 said:
nsjk16 said:
Hi there,
Is the AOR2 when they advise the sponsor was approved as a sponsor?
If so, funny. Usually they send the AOR2 before sending the file to SP. Check your spams in your email.
How do you know they transfered it to SP? I only knew they transfered my file because they send an email letting us know my husband was approved as a sponsor and also they gave us the UCI #.

Hello there,

I thought AOR2 was when the VO sends you an email saying that they have received the file. I only got the email saying that I was approved as a sponsor and the file had been transferred to São Paulo. So I was wondering if I should wait for an email from São Paulo VO before I sent them the background check... On my CIC account it says that review of eligibility is in process.
When you get that 3rd line in ECAS that will be your AOR2 - they often do not send out emails - we didn't get one. As soon as you know you have had your file transferred to São Paulo I would send them the information quoting your UCI number etc.

All the best and hope you have a quick process

John

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Hello to all Sao Paulo VO applicants,

I really don't have any updates to share as I have heard nothing from our VO in Sao Paulo. Has anybody heard anything at all? any updates?

We applied for our second set of GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago, when that arrives hopefully we will see some progress.

Thank goodness for face-time as I'm in Toronto and my wife is in Sao Paulo.

Really wish everyone the very best of luck - stay positive and I'm sure we will all ecstatic when we are finally reunited with our significant others.

Obrigado,
John (Toronto)

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Hello all,

I believe I might have some upgrades but to be honest I don't know exactly what it means but today they changed our status at CIC website to "decision made" but only the "Sponsorship Application Status", the "Permanent Residence Application Status" still as "in process".
Can someone that already has the process finalized tells me if this is normal??? I thought once they put decision made it would be under both options??? why one is "deicison made" and the other one is still in process??

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Why CIC do it to us!!!!!!

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
nsjk16 said:
Hello all,

I believe I might have some upgrades but to be honest I don't know exactly what it means but today they changed our status at CIC website to "decision made" but only the "Sponsorship Application Status", the "Permanent Residence Application Status" still as "in process".
Can someone that already has the process finalized tells me if this is normal??? I thought once they put decision made it would be under both options??? why one is "deicison made" and the other one is still in process??

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Why CIC do it to us!!!!!!
Im sorry but your file is still in process. The decision made is only for the sponsors eligebilty to sponsor. Once you get decision made on the other side, that's when you can start to freak out ;D

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
AG317 said:
Im sorry but your file is still in process. The decision made is only for the sponsors eligebilty to sponsor. Once you get decision made on the other side, that's when you can start to freak out ;D
Are you sure about this? From what I've understood, they don't change either status to "Decision Made" unless there has been a decision made about the PR application. In this case, the OP applied in January, so a decision about sponsorship would have been made within a couple of months after that. I've never heard of the sponsor's page changing from "In Progress" to "Decision Made" if there has not been a decision made on the application.

I suspect that there has been a decision made about the PR application, and CIC has just updated one of the two pages.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
Mightytonewheel said:
Are you sure about this? From what I've understood, they don't change either status to "Decision Made" unless there has been a decision made about the PR application. In this case, the OP applied in January, so a decision about sponsorship would have been made within a couple of months after that. I've never heard of the sponsor's page changing from "In Progress" to "Decision Made" if there has not been a decision made on the application.

I suspect that there has been a decision made about the PR application, and CIC has just updated one of the two pages.
I'm pretty sure. Apparently they updated the ecas system and the Sponsors Side "decision made" was part of that update.
Ours didn't show decision made on sponsors side yesterday either. today it does

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:

Hi all,

Well it looks like we have also discovered a change on the sponsor side to decision made. The PR side is still in process - perhaps it was a recent system update but not sure. Our application was submitted in Feb so we are in month 7 - still no news.

Waiting patiently
John

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Good morning everyone,

The same change was made to our online application yesterday or the day before - Decision Made for the sponsor, still In Process for the applicant.
I checked the application processing times on the website today...now it says 10 months, but the evaluation of the sponsor is still 36 days.

I've looked to see if there is a thread on this website with a discussion about bringing money from Brazil (back) into Canada and exchanging it....my husband and I are still searching for the best option for us regarding this and we'd really appreciate having a chance to share and hear ideas with other couples in the same boat as us. Can anyone please suggest where we might find such a thread, whether it's on this website or perhaps another page?

Thanks. I hope we all hear some good news soon.

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Hello all,

I know that some of you have had difficulty trying to link the online application to your myCIC account (us included), so I'd like to share how we were (finally) able to do it:

After several unsuccessful attempts to link our online application to the myCIC account, I contacted IRCC through the online enquiry form to ask what the problem might be. The first response took just over two weeks and they advised us to contact them again in the same way (through the online enquiry form) and to include screenshots of the information being entered.
So, we did this, and five days after sending the second enquiry form we got a response saying that the problem was in the line where we are supposed to enter the 'UCI / Family Name' (I had tried several times using the various options of UCI, Application number, and Family name). Well, the information we were entering was correct, of this I'm sure, but I tried to link the account again using only my husband's (the applicant's) First name / Last name / DOB. That seemed to do the trick because our application was finally found and we linked it!

If you're at a loss and still cannot successfully link your account, I recommend contacting IRCC as we did. Good luck!

I'm also wondering if anyone can help us to understand some of the information on the 'Application/Profile status' from the linked account. The space for 'Review of submitted documents' is empty. The other categories have a status (Review of medical results = passed; Scheduling an interview = not needed at this time; 'A background check is needed' = in progress). Does anyone know why the 'Review of submitted documents' is blank?? When we click on the question mark/help button there is an explanation for each possible status, but it doesn't explain an 'empty' status. When I contacted the SP VO by email (the last contact was in mid-July after they had emailed in early July and we discovered that they couldn't find the medical results we had sent, which it turns out were misplaced somewhere there and were eventually located) and they said they had received all necessary documents for the time being. Any thoughts??

If anybody could help us out regarding the question in my last post (bringing money from Brazil into Canada), we'd really appreciate it.

Have a nice Sunday!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
ACM90 said:
If anybody could help us out regarding the question in my last post (bringing money from Brazil into Canada), we'd really appreciate it.
Transferring Brazilian reals to Canadian dollars is a huge challenge. Brazil doesn't like to let it's currency out of the country, so there are tons of taxes and other roadblocks/limitations. That, and the bureaucracy, are the two things that I can sometimes find frustrating about Brazil.

You can transfer money out, from a Brazilian bank to a Canadian bank, but it's very expensive. I believe the Brazilian bank will convert from reals to USD, and then from USD to Canadian. You pay a premium for each procedure.

I recently found an alternative. It's called TransferWise. It's a popular and reliable service. It bypasses banks, and instead matches people who are looking for one currency with people are looking for another. So, it's just a trade. They give you market rates, but charge 2.5% service fee. There is a monthly limit of 9,999 reals.

https://transferwise.com/help/article/2388384/latin-american-transfers/transfers-from-brl#/Additional

Hope this helps.

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Mightytonewheel said:
Transferring Brazilian reals to Canadian dollars is a huge challenge. Brazil doesn't like to let it's currency out of the country, so there are tons of taxes and other roadblocks/limitations. That, and the bureaucracy, are the two things that I can sometimes find frustrating about Brazil.

You can transfer money out, from a Brazilian bank to a Canadian bank, but it's very expensive. I believe the Brazilian bank will convert from reals to USD, and then from USD to Canadian. You pay a premium for each procedure.

I recently found an alternative. It's called TransferWise. It's a popular and reliable service. It bypasses banks, and instead matches people who are looking for one currency with people are looking for another. So, it's just a trade. They give you market rates, but charge 2.5% service fee. There is a monthly limit of 9,999 reals.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much. My husband and I will definitely look into this service. We can't believe how easy it was to bring money into Brazil (a decision we've regretted, for the most part) and how costly and complicated it is to transfer it back to Canada. The bureaucracy here is unbelievable - I would understand it better if the system actually worked.

Can I ask if you have already used the service or if you are planning to? It sounds like the best option so far. We're curious to hear feedback about experiences using TransferWire.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Hi Everyone,

Wish I had news to share but sadly still have not heard anything at all from our Sao Paulo VO. We applied back in early Feb 2016 and at that point processing times were slated at 7 months. Since then they have increased this just last month 9 months to 10 months - wondering would this be for new applicants or does the same timeline apply for everyone still waiting?

I've got an understandably frustrated wife living alone in Sao Paulo - trying to be patient and understanding sometimes our patience can be tested.

Wish all of you quick success and look forward to hearing some positive news in the very near future.

John (Toronto)

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
I'd say the timeline is increasing for everyone. Most likely the delay that is happening to yours is computed to that average.

Hopefully they'll wrap up yours faster so you 2 can be re-united. I applied early August but I'll spend some time in Brazil during winter to be together few weeks while the processing takes its course.

Cheers!