18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Braziliangirl88 said:
Hello everybody,

Nice to meet you all :)

Im not too familiar with this forum yet, but Id like to thank you all for all the great help.

Id like to share my timeline application

Application submitted to missisauga office: April 11
Approval: June 7
File was transferred to SAO PAULO - June 9th
Med: Upfront

I havent received any further news so far. Crossing my fingers will receive some good news soon.
Welcome!!!

I'm a January applicant. Still not hear from them since they started my application in SP.
Were you able to link your application in Mycic?
I'm still not able to. I still try everyday my 5 attempt but even still. I guess I'll wait until they contact me cuz I'm tired to try. Lol

Sep 11, 2015
Hello everyone,

My file was transferred to São Paulo on August 3rd, I haven't received a AOR2, will I get one? I need to send them my husband's background check ( Polícia Federal), should I wait for AOR2?

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
nsjk16 said:
Welcome!!!

I'm a January applicant. Still not hear from them since they started my application in SP.
I'm still not able to. I still try everyday my 5 attempt but even still. I guess I'll wait until they contact me cuz I'm tired to try. Lol
Hi there,

I'm a Feb 2016 applicant and have also yet to hear anything at all since our file was transferred to SP March 30. Considering we haven't been contacted should be considered a positive as we haven't had any issues thus far. I'm sure your feeling like us where it would be great to at least hear something that our application is actually getting processed and they have the right email to contact the applicant etc - I hope you hear something soon. We ordered our GCMS notes 2 weeks ago so that should give us a first hand look as to where our process stands up to now.

again - wish you the best and really hope you hear something soon. stay patient and be positive.

cheers,
John

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
canadiangirl90 said:
Hello everyone,

My file was transferred to São Paulo on August 3rd, I haven't received a AOR2, will I get one? I need to send them my husband's background check ( Polícia Federal), should I wait for AOR2?
Hi there,
Is the AOR2 when they advise the sponsor was approved as a sponsor?
If so, funny. Usually they send the AOR2 before sending the file to SP. Check your spams in your email.
How do you know they transfered it to SP? I only knew they transfered my file because they send an email letting us know my husband was approved as a sponsor and also they gave us the UCI #.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi there,

I'm a Feb 2016 applicant and have also yet to hear anything at all since our file was transferred to SP March 30. Considering we haven't been contacted should be considered a positive as we haven't had any issues thus far. I'm sure your feeling like us where it would be great to at least hear something that our application is actually getting processed and they have the right email to contact the applicant etc - I hope you hear something soon. We ordered our GCMS notes 2 weeks ago so that should give us a first hand look as to where our process stands up to now.

again - wish you the best and really hope you hear something soon. stay patient and be positive.

cheers,
John.

Hi John,

We also never heard from them what makes we assume our application was complete as usually by now they would have contact us to request further information.
Lets pray, keep the faith and also wait wait wait. :D

Were you able to link your application to Mycic? If so, how is the stage of your application?
Also, let us know once your GMSC notes arrive. My husband and I will order ours If we don't hear from them till around August 15th-20th. The only problem is that takes forever to arrive, around 1 month, right?

Thank you there.

Sep 11, 2015
nsjk16 said:
Hi there,
If so, funny. Usually they send the AOR2 before sending the file to SP. Check your spams in your email.
How do you know they transfered it to SP? I only knew they transfered my file because they send an email letting us know my husband was approved as a sponsor and also they gave us the UCI #.

Hello there,

I thought AOR2 was when the VO sends you an email saying that they have received the file. I only got the email saying that I was approved as a sponsor and the file had been transferred to São Paulo. So I was wondering if I should wait for an email from São Paulo VO before I sent them the background check... On my CIC account it says that review of eligibility is in process.

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
By reading this topic, it seems no one has heard from Sao Paulo consulate over past months. I wonder if somehow they are overloaded with work related to Olympics games?! If so, good news will end shortly.

By the way, I just sent my partner files to Mississauga this week.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
canadiangirl90 said:
nsjk16 said:
Hi there,

Hello there,

I thought AOR2 was when the VO sends you an email saying that they have received the file. I only got the email saying that I was approved as a sponsor and the file had been transferred to São Paulo. So I was wondering if I should wait for an email from São Paulo VO before I sent them the background check... On my CIC account it says that review of eligibility is in process.
Hi there,
Are you an outland applicant?
I believe the AOR2 is when CIC send the email to advise the sponsor was approved and the file were transfer for the VO requested. My husband just received the email from CIC to advise he was approved as my sponsor. In our case we send all documents, med. exams, police checks and more all together when we applied so CIC has never send an email to us to request anything else.
Sorry, not sure if I helped.

All the best.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
rio2016 said:
By reading this topic, it seems no one has heard from Sao Paulo consulate over past months. I wonder if somehow they are overloaded with work related to Olympics games?! If so, good news will end shortly.

By the way, I just sent my partner files to Mississauga this week.
Hello,
I haven't heard about anyone that got contacted by CIC now on August yet. However, I'm aware of two people that applied on December that has everything finalized already (finalized on July) so I'm sure they are working on the next applications. It can be possible they are overloaded with Olympics but I hope to hear from them soon. :)

Good luck for all of us.

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Good to know. December to July is about 7 - 8 months turn around. So if I'm lucky we may get ours in March 2017.

For past 3 months I spent countless hours working on forms & papers. My goal was to send a "no questions asked" documentation. :-* :-* let's see how it goes! ;D ;D ;D

Mar 25, 2016
nsjk16 said:
Welcome!!!

Hello Hello,

I dont know how to link my app also, but here is where I have been checking

Oup, I cant post link. However, if you type on google: cic application status, you can check your application status just by writting your application file number.

If you want, you can pm me

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Hello!

I'm new to this blog, but first off I'd like to thank everyone for sharing details about your visa application processes. Reading some of the posts has helped my husband and I to understand a bit about what it's like for other applicants as well as to reconsider our own expectations throughout the process.

We are May 2016 applicants. I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is Brazilian. We met in Canada while my husband lived there during a 16-month opportunity to study abroad. We we married in Canada and came to Brazil together in January 2015 (we had our marriage recognized in Brazil as well), almost 4 months after our wedding. Since then we've only resided here in Brazil. My husband studies in addition to working but he'll be finishing his program at the end of this month. We'll both continue working here until his visa application process is finalized (and we have his diploma in hands, to be able to have his credentials recognized), but like all of you we are very, very, very eager to begin the next step of our life together - both living and being able to work - in Canada.

Here are some details about our application process so far:

May 4, 2016 - Application package received in Mississauga
May 20, 2016 - CIC started processing my application to sponsor my spouse
June 9, 2016 - CIC started processing my spouse's permanent visa application in SP ('mycic' didn't update this information online until June 11th)
June 10, 2016 - We went to Brasília to do the medical exam, which was submitted the same day (it's a coincidence we went around the same time as CIC started processing his application!)
July 5, 2016 - I receive an email from the SP visa office requesting that we send a copy of my husband's medical exam and Brazilian police certificate -- I responded right away, explaining we had sent the medical exam and that we would send the police certificate the following day (we hadn't sent any police certificates because we thought it would be better to request the Brazilian one only when necessary, because it's only valid for a certain period of time, and we weren't sure if my husband would need the Canadian one as he has lived in Canada before). A representative from the immigration office in SP responded promptly and inquired with the health department there to see what had happened with his medical exam results. They found them again and then updated the online mycic application to say 'medical results have been received', but after this I was feeling insecure about the efficiency of the process.

From this point on, I emailed the SP visa office a few more times. One time was to inquire about whether or not they received the Brazilian police certificate by email (I sent it twice). I know they did, but I was expecting them to confirm - just to say 'yes, we have it' - which never happened. In retrospect, if there hadn't been the confusion with the medical exam results at the visa office, I probably wouldn't have felt a need to receive confirmation about the police certificate.

On July 11th I sent an email informing them of an address change as we were moving at the end of July. I also sent a message to IRCC on the online platform the same day, and I received a response acknowledging that they received the new information but they still haven't updated the address on the online mycic application page.

The final email I sent was on July 19th to update some of our information regarding our plans/proof of intention to return to Canada. I also inquired about the lack of update to mycic regarding our current address. It was a detailed email, and I received a response the same day saying that the application was 'currently in queue for assessment' and that no further action was required from us at that point. Since then, I've decided to feel grateful for the quick replies I did receive and not to worry about the application process for the time being.

Also, I've tried linking the application online, but to no avail. I've tried over and over, carefully checking the details entered. It seems like I'm not the only one who's having trouble, though.

I'm sorry if this first message was a little long - I just wanted to share enough details to contribute to the group.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Well I received my first set of GMCS notes yesterday. The last page contained some positive feedback from the VO - including ''relationship seems genuine - info/documents support it's bona fide '' ''recommended to waive interview'' passed on to VO etc

Eligibility assessment:1
created: 2016/03/19
updated: 2016/05/03
conditional: yes
status recommend: pass
due date; 2017/03/18

the eligibility seems fine as it's been updated etc but the only concern is the due date of 2017?? my medicals even expire before that date. I'm confused with the security and criminality below as the progress seems to be behind with no recent updates - here is what it says ...

Security 1 (nothing noted in the corner)
created date: 2016/03/19
updated: 2016/03/19
type: security
status updated : 2016/03/19 ( looks like nothing was updated since it was created?)
due date: 2017/03/18

CRIMINALITY 1
updated date: 2016/03/19
type: criminality
status updated: 2016/03/19

Medical: PASSED

INFO SHARING: 1
created date: 2016/03/15
updated date; 2016/03/15
type: BIOGRAPHIC
partner: USA
due date: 2016/04/13

So I guess my only concern is the extended due dates and the fact that security and criminality have not been updated recently. Any feedback would be much appreciated

thank you in advance,
kindly
John (Toronto)

Mar 25, 2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Well I received my first set of GMCS notes yesterday. The last page contained some positive feedback from the VO - including ''relationship seems genuine - info/documents support it's bona fide '' ''recommended to waive interview'' passed on to VO etc

Eligibility assessment:1
created: 2016/03/19
updated: 2016/05/03
conditional: yes
status recommend: pass
due date; 2017/03/18

the eligibility seems fine as it's been updated etc but the only concern is the due date of 2017?? my medicals even expire before that date. I'm confused with the security and criminality below as the progress seems to be behind with no recent updates - here is what it says ...

Security 1 (nothing noted in the corner)
updated: 2016/03/19
type: security
status updated : 2016/03/19 ( looks like nothing was updated since it was created?)

CRIMINALITY 1
updated date: 2016/03/19
type: criminality
status updated: 2016/03/19

Medical: PASSED

INFO SHARING: 1
created date: 2016/03/15
updated date; 2016/03/15
type: BIOGRAPHIC
partner: USA
due date: 2016/04/13

So I guess my only concern is the extended due dates and the fact that security and criminality have not been updated recently. Any feedback would be much appreciated

thank you in advance,
kindly
John (Toronto)

Hi Theo,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your process. Unfortunately I dont have any further information that could help you out.

Im just impressed that the due date is that long!!?? Im crossing my fingers tgey will update you son with a shorter due date.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ACM90 said:
Hello!

I'm new to this blog, but first off I'd like to thank everyone for sharing details about your visa application processes. Reading some of the posts has helped my husband and I to understand a bit about what it's like for other applicants as well as to reconsider our own expectations throughout the process.

We are May 2016 applicants. I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is Brazilian. We met in Canada while my husband lived there during a 16-month opportunity to study abroad. We we married in Canada and came to Brazil together in January 2015 (we had our marriage recognized in Brazil as well), almost 4 months after our wedding. Since then we've only resided here in Brazil. My husband studies in addition to working but he'll be finishing his program at the end of this month. We'll both continue working here until his visa application process is finalized (and we have his diploma in hands, to be able to have his credentials recognized), but like all of you we are very, very, very eager to begin the next step of our life together - both living and being able to work - in Canada.

Here are some details about our application process so far:

May 4, 2016 - Application package received in Mississauga
May 20, 2016 - CIC started processing my application to sponsor my spouse
June 9, 2016 - CIC started processing my spouse's permanent visa application in SP ('mycic' didn't update this information online until June 11th)
June 10, 2016 - We went to Brasília to do the medical exam, which was submitted the same day (it's a coincidence we went around the same time as CIC started processing his application!)
July 5, 2016 - I receive an email from the SP visa office requesting that we send a copy of my husband's medical exam and Brazilian police certificate -- I responded right away, explaining we had sent the medical exam and that we would send the police certificate the following day (we hadn't sent any police certificates because we thought it would be better to request the Brazilian one only when necessary, because it's only valid for a certain period of time, and we weren't sure if my husband would need the Canadian one as he has lived in Canada before). A representative from the immigration office in SP responded promptly and inquired with the health department there to see what had happened with his medical exam results. They found them again and then updated the online mycic application to say 'medical results have been received', but after this I was feeling insecure about the efficiency of the process.

From this point on, I emailed the SP visa office a few more times. One time was to inquire about whether or not they received the Brazilian police certificate by email (I sent it twice). I know they did, but I was expecting them to confirm - just to say 'yes, we have it' - which never happened. In retrospect, if there hadn't been the confusion with the medical exam results at the visa office, I probably wouldn't have felt a need to receive confirmation about the police certificate.

On July 11th I sent an email informing them of an address change as we were moving at the end of July. I also sent a message to IRCC on the online platform the same day, and I received a response acknowledging that they received the new information but they still haven't updated the address on the online mycic application page.

The final email I sent was on July 19th to update some of our information regarding our plans/proof of intention to return to Canada. I also inquired about the lack of update to mycic regarding our current address. It was a detailed email, and I received a response the same day saying that the application was 'currently in queue for assessment' and that no further action was required from us at that point. Since then, I've decided to feel grateful for the quick replies I did receive and not to worry about the application process for the time being.

Also, I've tried linking the application online, but to no avail. I've tried over and over, carefully checking the details entered. It seems like I'm not the only one who's having trouble, though.

I'm sorry if this first message was a little long - I just wanted to share enough details to contribute to the group.
Thank you for sharing. :)
Hope everything go smooth for you two.
All the best in Brazil (I wish my husband would like to move there someday with me! Lol)