File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
Hi there,

I just received an email from CIC requesting passports! I guess that means they made their decision!? I am a little confused about their email and I'd like if someone could help me with the following steps...

1) They request passport(s); Am I supposed to mail them my passport if I am Canadian and still living in Canada? Or is it just my Husband's passport they want?
I'm assuming your husband is the principal applicant and you are the sponsor (and not immigrating/accompanying him from Brazil). The wording in the CIC email is a little confusing. My wife's email said they were expecting the passport and photo of "yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)". That basically means the principal applicant, plus whomever else might also be immigrating. In your case (and mine), it's just the principal applicant.

Mdlf2016 said:
2) They talk about "confirmation of permanent resident" document(s); Are we expecting additional documents to come by email, or are we just sending my husband's passport asap?
That's also called a CoPR. When he sends in his passport, they will insert a one-time entry visa, and also include the CoPR. That's his official identity document confirming he's a permanent resident, until his PR card arrives in the mail. When he lands in Canada, they will staple the CoPR into the passport. They'll include instructions about all this when they send back the passport.

Mdlf2016 said:
3) There's a section about validity that talks about the fact that my husband needs to travel to Canada before the immigration documents expire. I am not too sure how much time we have, but I know that my husband will certainly try to come back home as soon as possible.
In my wife's email, they said she had until her medical exam expires (normally 12 months from the date of the exam), or until her passport expires, whichever is soonest. It's best to be quick about it. From what I understand, if you miss their entry window, it's all over and you have to start your applications from scratch. Seriously. :mad:

Mdlf2016 said:
4) They want us to provide them with 2 recent photographs.. They ask for his, but I am not too sure why they want mine.. Or if they want my passport as well, if why they want my passport..
Again, if you are the Canadian sponsor and your husband is the principal applicant and there are no other accompanying applicants, they just want his photos and passport. One photo is for the CoPR, one is for the PR card. The wording in their emails is confusing.

Mdlf2016 said:
5) They mention that they want height and eye colour details for myself and my husband.
Yup. Include this information in a note that you send CIC along with your passport. That information is important because it's included in the CoPR, and used to verify the identity of the principal applicant.

Mdlf2016 said:
6) They want us the mail the documents, but could my husband take them in person to the office in Sao Paulo?
I believe so. I know someone else that did this. They accepted the documents and told him it would take about 5 business days to get them back to him. It turned out to be about 8 or 9 business days, or something. I don't think there's any harm in preparing everything and paying a visit to the fine folks at the Canadian consulate.

Mdlf2016 said:
I am so excited that I have a hard time not to cry..

Today is THE MOST AMAZING day of my life so far.. Right after my wedding day :p
Yeah, it was a big day for us when we got the CIC email and saw the "Decision Made" on the website. Parabens, and enjoy the moment - you only immigrate once.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Now as far as answering your questions I'm a little confused as to why they need your passport. Normally the sponsored applicant ( your husband in this case) would normally be the only one required to send in his passport to the Visa office in São Paulo. Yes he can hand deliver it and even pick it up when it's ready. His passport will have his one time Visa which he will use to land in Canada. He must provide 2 photographs and the requested info - height, eye colour etc. Not sure why the need yours.
If she's the sponsor and he's the principal applicant, they only need his information. The email they send around is confusing. "Please provide two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)." The "if applicable" part means if the spouse and dependent children are also immigrating. In this case, it's only the principal applicant who is immigrating, so they only need photos/passport for him.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
minniemouse said:
I received a request for additional documents in may and delivered them on june 17th...personally... guess I still have to wait a bit more... :( :( :( :( :(
This is not a bad sign, really. It means they have your application and are working on it. If they received your PCC and haven't complained about anything else, that's also good. Generally no news is good news when it comes to CIC.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
If she's the sponsor and he's the principal applicant, they only need his information. The email they send around is confusing. "Please provide two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)." The "if applicable" part means if the spouse and dependent children are also immigrating. In this case, it's only the principal applicant who is immigrating, so they only need photos/passport for him.

Mightyonewheel,

Thank you for all your efforts in providing clear , concise and spot on answers to everyone's questions. I know I speak on behalf of many in this forum dedicated to applicants thru São Paulo - thank you again!

Cheers,
John

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Thank you so much for your time and specific answers!
I don't know how I could ever thank you enough...

Mightytonewheel said:
I'm assuming your husband is the principal applicant and you are the sponsor (and not immigrating/accompanying him from Brazil). The wording in the CIC email is a little confusing. My wife's email said they were expecting the passport and photo of "yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)". That basically means the principal applicant, plus whomever else might also be immigrating. In your case (and mine), it's just the principal applicant.

That's also called a CoPR. When he sends in his passport, they will insert a one-time entry visa, and also include the CoPR. That's his official identity document confirming he's a permanent resident, until his PR card arrives in the mail. When he lands in Canada, they will staple the CoPR into the passport. They'll include instructions about all this when they send back the passport.

In my wife's email, they said she had until her medical exam expires (normally 12 months from the date of the exam), or until her passport expires, whichever is soonest. It's best to be quick about it. From what I understand, if you miss their entry window, it's all over and you have to start your applications from scratch. Seriously. :mad:

Again, if you are the Canadian sponsor and your husband is the principal applicant and there are no other accompanying applicants, they just want his photos and passport. One photo is for the CoPR, one is for the PR card. The wording in their emails is confusing.

Yup. Include this information in a note that you send CIC along with your passport. That information is important because it's included in the CoPR, and used to verify the identity of the principal applicant.

I believe so. I know someone else that did this. They accepted the documents and told him it would take about 5 business days to get them back to him. It turned out to be about 8 or 9 business days, or something. I don't think there's any harm in preparing everything and paying a visit to the fine folks at the Canadian consulate.

Yeah, it was a big day for us when we got the CIC email and saw the "Decision Made" on the website. Parabens, and enjoy the moment - you only immigrate once.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
You're both very welcome. I've received lots of help from other board members over the last year, so it's no big deal to pass along my experience whenever I can. ;D

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Thank you Mightyonewheel!
It's good to have some good feedback...it appears that SPVO has started it's engine....it seemed a bit slow lately...hoping to get an answer soon!!!

Mightytonewheel said:
This is not a bad sign, really. It means they have your application and are working on it. If they received your PCC and haven't complained about anything else, that's also good. Generally no news is good news when it comes to CIC.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Hi Everyone!

My husband sent his passport to São Paulo this morning and it should get there tomorrow (Friday morning). I am not too sure how long it will take for them to send the passport back but I will keep you posted. In the meantime, does anyone know if they really take 30 days to process?

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
minniemouse said:
Hello,
we applied in feb. too and we were asked for PCC in may. The PCC was delivered on the june 17th and so far nothing more has been said. Has this happened to anyone else??
Hello,

What is PCC?
They never asked for more documents or anything else for my husband and I since we applied in January. I don't know If I should assume this is a good sign and our application were complete or what! Lol! When submitted our application we sent everything together (police certificates, medical exams, paid all fees before).
So I don't know, we are just waiting now. :)

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Well good luck to you. Hope you hear something in the next few weeks .... Our application was sent in Feb 9 2015 so we are just behind you in the process. Appears some have been fortunate enough to receive DM as quick as 6 months while others take a tad longer with a 9 month wait which at this point is the longest waiting period. We are all so close now ... cheers!
Yes, hopefully we will be lucky to hear from them sometime this month or next month latest. We can't wait over here. :)
All the best for all of us...

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ana_d said:
Thank you so much for your time in sharing all this helpful information and mentioning about my trip back to Canada from Brazil.

I wouldn't have thought about it. I was actually planning to go to US and return same day for my landing, then going on my trip to Brazil and returning to Canada as I thought it wouldn't be a problem. So now I will save this one-time entry for when I return from Brazil.

I will think more about Ottawa vs. Sao Paulo tonight considering all those pros and cons.
HELLO,
Do you mind sharing your timeline with us? You probably have done that before.

Thank you.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Mdlf2016 said:
Hi there,

I just received an email from CIC requesting passports! I guess that means they made their decision!? I am a little confused about their email and I'd like if someone could help me with the following steps...

1) They request passport(s); Am I supposed to mail them my passport if I am Canadian and still living in Canada? Or is it just my Husband's passport they want?
2) They talk about "confirmation of permanent resident" document(s); Are we expecting additional documents to come by email, or are we just sending my husband's passport asap?
3) There's a section about validity that talks about the fact that my husband needs to travel to Canada before the immigration documents expire. I am not too sure how much time we have, but I know that my husband will certainly try to come back home as soon as possible.
4) They want us to provide them with 2 recent photographs.. They ask for his, but I am not too sure why they want mine.. Or if they want my passport as well, if why they want my passport..
5) They mention that they want height and eye colour details for myself and my husband..
6) They want us the mail the documents, but could my husband take them in person to the office in Sao Paulo?

I am so excited that I have a hard time not to cry..

Today is THE MOST AMAZING day of my life so far.. Right after my wedding day :p
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Mightytonewheel said:
You're both very welcome. I've received lots of help from other board members over the last year, so it's no big deal to pass along my experience whenever I can. ;D
Thanks for sharing everything with us. :)

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Mightytonewheel said:
You could send it to Ottawa if you wanted. My wife's passport took approximately 7 business days, plus shipping time (which was 2 days each way). The problem is that, if there's a Canada Post strike or lockout while your passport is on the way to them or on the way back from them, the passport may get stuck in transit and who knows when you will see it back. And without your passport, you wouldn't be able to go on your trip.

However, right now that risk seems low. This morning, I read on CBC: "If you were worried about sending your mom a birthday card or ordering something online because of a looming labour disruption at Canada Post, you should be OK for now, labour relations experts say. Maurice Mazerolle, director of the centre for labour management relations and associate professor at the Ted Rogers School of Management, says he's "reasonably confident" that mail service will continue in the short term."

You could also send it to Sao Paulo. It would most likely be back in time for you to go to Brazil, if you paid for a courier to get it there and back in time.

In both cases, you should think about your trip back to Canada from Brazil after you receive your CoPR. Your passport will have a one-time visa for one-time entry (landing) into Canada. So you should not use this visa until your Brazil trip. If you do a landing before that trip, you will have already used your one-time visa and you may not be allowed to board the airplane from Brazil back to Canada without a valid visa. I know you also have a visitor's visa, but I think that is canceled once CoPR is issued. (I'm not totally sure about some of this, but I do know for sure that your Brazilian passport and your CoPR will not be enough for your to board a plane back to Canada. So I thought I'd mention it.)
Hi,
Thank you for sharing this part about the one time visa. I'm also planning to go away once I have thhe CoPR and I didn't know it was one time entry only.
Do you know how long it takes to get the PR Card?

Thank you.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hello !!
PCC is the criminal records we must submit with the application. I sent my husband 's Brazilian record but not the Portuguese or British and we also need to pay the RPRF... :( :( :( :(
I assume that as you have submitted eveything already...your application will processed very soon... :) :) :) :)

nsjk16 said:
Hello,

What is PCC?
They never asked for more documents or anything else for my husband and I since we applied in January. I don't know If I should assume this is a good sign and our application were complete or what! Lol! When submitted our application we sent everything together (police certificates, medical exams, paid all fees before).
So I don't know, we are just waiting now. :)