File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
I don't want to be negative, however good luck with calling them. When you call the number it doesn't even put you through the a human being. The best way to get any communication from the Sao Paulo visa office is to email them directly : spalo-immigration@international.gc.ca

You will get a confirmation email back saying they received it. Sometimes they reply same day, sometimes it is a few days.

However, sometimes they just send you pre-written messages that indicate they clearly didn't read your request.

Good luck!

FB_9192

May 21, 2016
We've just been contacted by SP visa office asking for the stat declaration of common-law form. Has anyone had experience doing this in Brazil? Can we do this at the Cartorio even though the forms in English? Do we have to then translate the notary stamps into English? Has anyone done this in Brazil?

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
You are right Confuzzeled23. My husband tried to call the office in São Paulo many times and got nothing from it. I tried emailing them as well, and received automated messages not answering any of my questions.

I will try again to ask about the additional proofs I have for them. I will see what they answer.

Thank you :)

Confuzzeled23 said:
I don't want to be negative, however good luck with calling them. When you call the number it doesn't even put you through the a human being. The best way to get any communication from the Sao Paulo visa office is to email them directly : spalo-immigration@international.gc.ca

You will get a confirmation email back saying they received it. Sometimes they reply same day, sometimes it is a few days.

However, sometimes they just send you pre-written messages that indicate they clearly didn't read your request.

Good luck!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
ohhhhcanada said:
Thanks, I did not know that.
Call and ask for an update :)
You will feel much better!
I wish I had a way to check my process and call them every other day lol (just kidding).
I just started my process...
You can call or write to ask for an update, but don't do this unless the 9-month estimate for completion of applications has expired. In other words, don't send an inquiry unless your application was submitted before September 27, 2015. CIC strongly discourages asking for updates unless this estimate has expired.

In your situation, I'm not sure it's wise to send them anything. All you have is a vague comment about more evidence from a visa officer. You don't have any other information, so you don't really know whether the comment has impacted your application. If you send additional un-requested material, you might actually slow things down, because someone will have to review the material.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Okay Mightytonewheel. That's what I was wondering about. I worked on additional proofs in order to be ready in case they'd ask, but I was not convinced that sending additional info would be helpful. They also wrote on the GCMS notes that the due date for my application was July 22nd, 2016. That's the only bit of info I'm holding onto at the moment, and since it's just in a few weeks from now it gives me a little hope.

The quote you used was not from me. I am not calling or sending enquires at the moment.

Mightytonewheel said:
You can call or write to ask for an update, but don't do this unless the 9-month estimate for completion of applications has expired. In other words, don't send an inquiry unless your application was submitted before September 27, 2015. CIC strongly discourages asking for updates unless this estimate has expired.

In your situation, I'm not sure it's wise to send them anything. All you have is a vague comment about more evidence from a visa officer. You don't have any other information, so you don't really know whether the comment has impacted your application. If you send additional un-requested material, you might actually slow things down, because someone will have to review the material.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
Okay Mightytonewheel. That's what I was wondering about. I worked on additional proofs in order to be ready in case they'd ask, but I was not convinced that sending additional info would be helpful. They also wrote on the GCMS notes that the due date for my application was July 22nd, 2016. That's the only bit of info I'm holding onto at the moment, and since it's just in a few weeks from now it gives me a little hope.
Unfortunately, I don't think the due dates in GCMS notes mean much. But I think you're being wise. I'd prepare your additional information and send it if they ask. I would also prepare to send it digitally, so you can upload it using their case-specific inquiry form as soon as they ask for it. (In my case, the Sao Paulo VO asked me just to attach an additional document to an email message.)

Mdlf2016 said:
The quote you used was not from me. I am not calling or sending enquires at the moment.
Yes, I was aware this quote wasn't from you. I just wanted to say that sending an inquiry at this stage may not help, since your application is not yet officially late. (By the way, can I ask the date the application was first submitted?)

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
My application was received in Ottawa on October 19th, 2015. I was approved as sponsor on Dec 16th, 2015 and my application has be sitting in São Paulo since Dec 30th, 2015. I remember when I was approved. CIC's website was still saying that their processing time was 5 months.

Mightytonewheel said:
Unfortunately, I don't think the due dates in GCMS notes mean much. But I think you're being wise. I'd prepare your additional information and send it if they ask. I would also prepare to send it digitally, so you can upload it using their case-specific inquiry form as soon as they ask for it. (In my case, the Sao Paulo VO asked me just to attach an additional document to an email message.)

Yes, I was aware this quote wasn't from you. I just wanted to say that sending an inquiry at this stage may not help, since your application is not yet officially late. (By the way, can I ask the date the application was first submitted?)

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
My application was received in Ottawa on October 19th, 2015. I was approved as sponsor on Dec 16th, 2015 and my application has be sitting in São Paulo since Dec 30th, 2015. I remember when I was approved. CIC's website was still saying that their processing time was 5 months.
Everyone that applied through Sao Paulo in 2015 was expecting a turnaround time of about 5 months. But that visa office got busier somewhere in there and now it's about 9 months. I know several people on here who got theirs sooner than 9 months, and some who got theirs right about 9 months. So, I don't think you have anything to be concerned about yet. It's entirely possible you'll get Decision Made within the next few weeks or so. If they need more information, they'll ask for it. I know it seems like a long wait, but it's not as long as some other visa offices. I'd wait another little while before making an inquiry.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
SO...
Yesterday I sent an email to CIC asking what to do concerning the notes I had read on the GCMS notes. They answered me this morning "kindly requesting us to provide further information/documentation regarding our relationship"

1) The growth financially, socially, and emotionally
2) They want us to clarify why we got married so quickly

They seem to make a very big deal of the fact that we were not "financially stable" when we got married. I personally think it was fine. Lucas was working full time legally, had decent savings, and I was full time-studying soon to be graduating in a profession with big job opportunities in BC. I understand they want to make sure I can "support my husband financially" and I am in a very good situation; good past experiences in decent fields, current very stable part-time job which would love me to have more availability.

We have quite a few additional proofs; bank statements, my Brazilian visa, pictures of second wedding in Brazil and me meeting all my in-laws, emails from my family asking when he'll be back and if we can expect him to return for a 3rd wedding in August, emails from his prior employer asking when he'll be back and legally allowed to work because they need him, my WhatsApp conversations with my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law.

I think that should be enough, but I am wondering if I should send them the near 200 pages of WhatsApp conversation between me and my husband. I have snapshots of our phone calls history, but giving them all our private conversations seems a little intense. I mean... We are a married couple doing long distance, there are very personal details in these conversations.

I also wrote a statement which will be signed by my husband and myself.

Any thoughts?

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
SO...
Yesterday I sent an email to CIC asking what to do concerning the notes I had read on the GCMS notes. They answered me this morning "kindly requesting us to provide further information/documentation regarding our relationship"

1) The growth financially, socially, and emotionally
2) They want us to clarify why we got married so quickly

They seem to make a very big deal of the fact that we were not "financially stable" when we got married. I personally think it was fine. Lucas was working full time legally, had decent savings, and I was full time-studying soon to be graduating in a profession with big job opportunities in BC. I understand they want to make sure I can "support my husband financially" and I am in a very good situation; good past experiences in decent fields, current very stable part-time job which would love me to have more availability.

We have quite a few additional proofs; bank statements, my Brazilian visa, pictures of second wedding in Brazil and me meeting all my in-laws, emails from my family asking when he'll be back and if we can expect him to return for a 3rd wedding in August, emails from his prior employer asking when he'll be back and legally allowed to work because they need him, my WhatsApp conversations with my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law.

I think that should be enough, but I am wondering if I should send them the near 200 pages of WhatsApp conversation between me and my husband. I have snapshots of our phone calls history, but giving them all our private conversations seems a little intense. I mean... We are a married couple doing long distance, there are very personal details in these conversations.

I also wrote a statement which will be signed by my husband and myself.

Any thoughts?
Hi there,
Did you hear anything from your questions? Or figured it out?
I would send only one text snapshot from each month...old emails maybe...
That is why I did. I read some comments that immigration does not like a lot of paper, but in the other hand, sometimes what they get is not enough....
When did you apply?
SPVO thru Mississauga?
I would like to compare notes as I do not see many SP applicants in this forum.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Hey!

Nobody really answered my post so I just did what I thought was right. To answer their request, I emailed them additional proofs; I simply mentioned the 200 pages of conversation between my husband and myself saying that they could request them if necessary. I sent them the history of our phone calls instead.

They received all the additional proofs and pictures last Wednesday. Nothing since then. I really hope they'll be reassured of the authenticity of my relationship with my husband. Praying for the best!

I applied through Mississauga last October, was approved as a sponsor mid December, they sent the application to Sao Paulo then nothing since last week when I emailed them a question about the GCMS notes I had received. I'm not sure if I helped the processing, or if I made it longer somehow. I really hope I won't have to go to Sao Paulo for an interview, but my husband and myself are prepared if that's what ends up happening.

Hope I answered your question.

ohhhhcanada said:
Hi there,
Did you hear anything from your questions? Or figured it out?
I would send only one text snapshot from each month...old emails maybe...
That is why I did. I read some comments that immigration does not like a lot of paper, but in the other hand, sometimes what they get is not enough....
When did you apply?
SPVO thru Mississauga?
I would like to compare notes as I do not see many SP applicants in this forum.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..