02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
CCGS2015 said:
Did you received letter by mail or an email requesting the passports? Let us know how long it takes for you to have yours back from the Visa Office!
I received that letter by email. It gave us the option to send the passport to Ottawa instead of Sao Paulo, if the PR is currently in Canada and expects to remain in Canada for the next three months (which is the case for my wife). We sent her passport earlier this past week and it was received in Ottawa on Friday. I'll keep you up-to-date but unfortunately it doesn't relate to Sao Paulo.

I know another person brought his passport to the Sao Paulo in person, and was told to expect it to be ready in 5 business days. I have no idea if that actually happened but it seems the process is pretty fast.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
I received that letter by email. It gave us the option to send the passport to Ottawa instead of Sao Paulo, if the PR is currently in Canada and expects to remain in Canada for the next three months (which is the case for my wife). We sent her passport earlier this past week and it was received in Ottawa on Friday. I'll keep you up-to-date but unfortunately it doesn't relate to Sao Paulo.

I know another person brought his passport to the Sao Paulo in person, and was told to expect it to be ready in 5 business days. I have no idea if that actually happened but it seems the process is pretty fast.
Hi Mighty - question for you. When you received your email to submit your passports do you recall if your passport had to be within 1 year of expiring or was it 6 months?

We anticipate getting our passport request sometime in November which would put us in the 9 month processing time and my wife's passport expires late Oct 2017.

Again, congrats to you and your family

Kind regards,
John (Toronto, Canada)

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi Mighty - question for you. When you received your email to submit your passports do you recall if your passport had to be within 1 year of expiring or was it 6 months?

We anticipate getting our passport request sometime in November which would put us in the 9 month processing time and my wife's passport expires late Oct 2017.

Again, congrats to you and your family

Kind regards,
John (Toronto, Canada)
Hi John. Our letter indicated that the passport should have two empty pages and should be valid for at least 6 months. So if you get your passport request in November, your current passport should be fine. It would have to be March before you'd start getting concerned, I reckon.

Keep in mind, several of us recently got our "Decision Made" after 6 months. I don't know of any that have gone past 8 or 9 months total processing time.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
Hi John. Our letter indicated that the passport should have two empty pages and should be valid for at least 6 months. So if you get your passport request in November, your current passport should be fine. It would have to be March before you'd start getting concerned, I reckon.

Keep in mind, several of us recently got our "Decision Made" after 6 months. I don't know of any that have gone past 8 or 9 months total processing time.
Thank you. I'm using the 9 month timeframe as the longest we expect to hear from VO in São Paulo. I'm glad to see several applicants get DM after only 6 months. My wife hasn't received no communication from the VO in São Paulo since Mississauga transferred the file in March. I know it's not unusual and we are optimistic.

When we filed our application initially we didn't include the US FBI history report - we did receive it last month and I forwarded it via case enquiry to São Paulo VO. Strange they didn't request it when they first checked our file in late March - anyway they have everything now so we are simply waiting patiently.

I meet my wife in Rome on Friday - taking a 2 week holiday to Europe (Italy and Greece) so we have something to look forward too - and it definitely breaks up the long arduous waiting period.

Cheers and thanks for everything

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Thank you. I'm using the 9 month timeframe as the longest we expect to hear from VO in São Paulo. I'm glad to see several applicants get DM after only 6 months. My wife hasn't received no communication from the VO in São Paulo since Mississauga transferred the file in March. I know it's not unusual and we are optimistic.
Yup. In this case, no news is definitely good news. The only reason for them to contact you is to tell you that a decision has been made, or to ask you for something (which usually implies a delay of some kind). As far as timelines are concerned, they're hard to pin down, but right now I don't know anyone that's needing more than 8 months for a decision to be made. My immigration consultant -- who seems very wise on these matters -- said the outland VOs are very inconsistent but their official estimates are usually a little pessimistic.

Jaytheo40 said:
When we filed our application initially we didn't include the US FBI history report - we did receive it last month and I forwarded it via case enquiry to São Paulo VO. Strange they didn't request it when they first checked our file in late March - anyway they have everything now so we are simply waiting patiently.
The same thing happened to us. We didn't have her police certificate from China when she applied, so we just included a letter saying we would submit it when we got it. Which is what we did. No big deal.

Jaytheo40 said:
I meet my wife in Rome on Friday - taking a 2 week holiday to Europe (Italy and Greece) so we have something to look forward too - and it definitely breaks up the long arduous waiting period.
Awesome. Luckily, my wife holds an Italian passport, so she was able to get into Canada as a visitor, and has been here in Vancouver since April.

CCGS2015

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Nomination.....
03-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
18-09-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016
Mightytonewheel said:

Thanks mate!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
As all you guys know, I we got our Decision Made and Passport Request email. But my dear wife mentioned something: the email asks us to provide "Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)."

Oops. We forgot to include that. We already sent the passport to Ottawa, and they've already received it.

I expect it applies only to her, since she's the only applicant. And, I can't understand why they would need it, since that information was included in the PR application. Still, we're a bit concerned.

Would you folks wait until we're asked for it, re-send it by mail, or sent it to the Sao Paulo office by email?

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
As all you guys know, I we got our Decision Made and Passport Request email. But my dear wife mentioned something: the email asks us to provide "Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable)."

Oops. We forgot to include that. We already sent the passport to Ottawa, and they've already received it.

I expect it applies only to her, since she's the only applicant. And, I can't understand why they would need it, since that information was included in the PR application. Still, we're a bit concerned.

Would you folks wait until we're asked for it, re-send it by mail, or sent it to the Sao Paulo office by email?
Totally baffles me as to why they require height and eye colour - when (as you mentioned ) it's already detailed in the PR application. I know the turnaround time for processing passports in Ottawa at that stage is relatively quick (2 weeks) so I would patiently wait - probability of you receiving your wife's passport without that info attached I think are still highly probable - having said that I understand your concerns. You can also try calling Ottawa and ask for direction ....... Your right at the end. Good luck!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Totally baffles me as to why they require height and eye colour - when (as you mentioned ) it's already detailed in the PR application. I know the turnaround time for processing passports in Ottawa at that stage is relatively quick (2 weeks) so I would patiently wait - probability of you receiving your wife's passport without that info attached I think are still highly probable - having said that I understand your concerns. You can also try calling Ottawa and ask for direction ....... Your right at the end. Good luck!
My wife and I pondered this matter and decided to send a followup letter with height and eye colour. It will just be a another courier letter to the same location. It will be there within a few days of the passport. The information is genuinely needed because it goes on the CoPR, but it's also on the application. It should be fairly easy to obtain if they don't have it immediately available.

(I asked CIC Call Centre and the person was so disinterested that it was actually a little funny.)

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Hey,

Just letting everyone know that my husband submitted his passport in person at VFS in Sao Paulo on June 10, 2016. They had told him at the desk his passport would be ready the following Friday for pick up on June 17. This was untrue. He finally received his passport in person today June 24, 2016. However, the passport had been completed on the 21 as stated on his Visa issue date. Therefore, they waited 2 business days before even sending it to VFS to be picked up. Thus, my husband missed a flight we had booked for the 23 and had to reschedule now for July 12.

I guess the silver lining is that this process is finally finished after all this time. Initial application received in Ottawa on September 10, 2015. Passport in hand June 24, 2016.

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hi everyone!!

I've been reading all the replies in this thread and all the inforation is very helpful and it looks like my application is nearing the end. However I am curious as to why some PR applications are now at a VFS office right next to the Visa Office...
My husband delivered some requested documents (PCC) personally at the VFS office on the 17th june....does anyone know what is going on??
Application was filed in february...
Please help!!

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if I could ask your guys opinion about sending additional proofs of relationship to CIC.

Context: I received my GCMS notes on June 17th. Last agent wrote something about the need for additional proof of growth of relationship and the note was written on May 25th. My husband and I gathered a lot of additional proofs; my Brazilian visa, pictures of our second wedding when I went to Brazil last March, screenshots of the history of all the phone calls between my husband and myself since he left, emails between my mother and myself about a third wedding we're organizing in August (I'm from Quebec and my parents couldn't me present on my first wedding in Vancouver). etc.

I don't know if I should wait for them to offially ask for the additional proofs or if I should try to send them to CIC. Also, I have no idea how to make sure the information I send reach them.

On June 30th, will have been waiting for 8 months.. 6 months without any communication from CIC since my approval as a sponsor. I need to do something or hear something from them soon.. Just waiting here without doing anything is driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance for your advice

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if I could ask your guys opinion about sending additional proofs of relationship to CIC.

Context: I received my GCMS notes on June 17th. Last agent wrote something about the need for additional proof of growth of relationship and the note was written on May 25th. My husband and I gathered a lot of additional proofs; my Brazilian visa, pictures of our second wedding when I went to Brazil last March, screenshots of the history of all the phone calls between my husband and myself since he left, emails between my mother and myself about a third wedding we're organizing in August (I'm from Quebec and my parents couldn't me present on my first wedding in Vancouver). etc.

I don't know if I should wait for them to offially ask for the additional proofs or if I should try to send them to CIC. Also, I have no idea how to make sure the information I send reach them.

On June 30th, will have been waiting for 8 months.. 6 months without any communication from CIC since my approval as a sponsor. I need to do something or hear something from them soon.. Just waiting here without doing anything is driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance for your advice
I am confused, you said you received notes to send more proof of relationship and you waiting for an official request?

Well...I would call them and clarify, so you do not waste any time. Call them, there is nothing wrong on calling them :)
At least you will know what it means from the official source.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
The GCMS Notes are ones we order to have an idea of what's going on. I did not receive any official email or other type of communication from CIC since December 16th 2015.

ohhhhcanada said:
I am confused, you said you received notes to send more proof of relationship and you waiting for an official request?

Well...I would call them and clarify, so you do not waste any time. Call them, there is nothing wrong on calling them :)
At least you will know what it means from the official source.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
The GCMS Notes are ones we order to have an idea of what's going on. I did not receive any official email or other type of communication from CIC since December 16th 2015.
Thanks, I did not know that.
Call and ask for an update :)
You will feel much better!
I wish I had a way to check my process and call them every other day lol (just kidding).
I just started my process...