Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Hey everyone,

I received a request today:

Ø Certified Criminal Record Check (Civil Fingerprinting Screening) issued by the RCMP .
instructions here:

Ø Provide two (2) identical photographs within CIC specifications.
more information here:

Ø Pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) to get your permanent resident status

However I am now scrambling to figure out how to do the Certified Check as he is in Brazil. I'm stressed now. Basically it's done but they need it within 60 days or else our application is forfeit!

Please help!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Hey Confuzzled,

I know this sounds discouraging but I think it's a good sign. They're quite advanced in the application.

Here are some thoughts.

- I assume if they're asking for fingerprints, that he stayed in Canada for a period of time? I'm just curious why they're asking for this.
- They're asking for HIM, right? Not you?
- Here are some instructions on obtaining a criminal record check: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-obtain-certified-criminal-record-or-vulnerable-sector-vs-check
- Because he's in Brazil, you should be able to obtain paper fingerprints through the federal police. He may also be able to get them done at the Canadian embassy if he's in Rio or Sao Paulo.
- There are several agencies in Canada that can accept his paper fingerprints from Brazil, digitize them, and then submit them to the RCMP for the check. The list of agencies can be found here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check
- you then submit the fingerprints along with an application. I believe this application can be done by the agencies, as well. If the application is done electronically, the turnaround time is three business days. The agency may also be able to submit the results directly to the VO in Sao Paulo.
- the cost to process the criminal check is $25, but I understand it's waived for permanent residency applications.

The trick will be obtaining the fingerprints and getting them sent to one of the agencies.

Let us know how it goes.

Confuzzeled23 said:
Hey everyone,

Ø Certified Criminal Record Check (Civil Fingerprinting Screening) issued by the RCMP .
instructions here:

more information here:

Ø Pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) to get your permanent resident status

However I am now scrambling to figure out how to do the Certified Check as he is in Brazil. I'm stressed now. Basically it's done but they need it within 60 days or else our application is forfeit!

Please help!

am3306

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015 (recieved in Ottawa)
Doc's Request.
21-01-2016 (new police certificate was requested - emailed)
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
02-12-2015 (Sponsorship Approval notice)
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016 (Sent via CVAV 19-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016 (Passport recieved with VISA)
Sounds like you are almost done if they asked you to pay the Rights of Pernament Resident Fee.

The reason they asked for finger prints is probably because your husband has a generic name (e.x. Luiz Santos) with lots of people with the same name and criminal records. Bad luck. I dont think my wife will have that problem...
How do I give my fingerprints and get an RCMP Criminal Records Check from outside Canada?

If you have lived in Canada for more than 6 months after the age of 18, a background check may be automatically conducted with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). If your name has a 50% or more match in their data base, the RCMP may request fingerprints in order to confirm your identity.
The RCMP website basically says this:
Effective July 1, 2014, the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services will only accept electronic fingerprint submissions for civil purposes. This new process aims at improving the service levels and accuracy of your screening.

If you reside in Canada, you simply have to contact one of these accredited companies or your local police service to make arrangements to submit your fingerprints electronically and avoid delays.

Note: Although most police services are able to submit fingerprints electronically, they could also refer you to an accredited third party or only offer this service in specific circumstances. It is therefore recommended that you confirm with them before you show up to have your fingerprints taken.

An electronic fingerprint submission to the RCMP is not currently available outside of Canada. You may contact accredited companies within Canada who will digitize ink fingerprints and submit them electronically to the RCMP.
First I would contact the consulate asap to give you more information on how to do this from Brazil (you probably already did that). Second I would contact the companies that the RCMP listed in Canada and ask them what the procedure is for peopel outside of Canada, they might have partners in Brazil that they will work with (for example Safran Morpho is a multi billion dollar international company with operations in Brzil). They should know.

I am suprised the consulate was not more helpful to begin with. Interested to see your solution to this (the RCMP and CIC sites are not very clear )

CCGS2015

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Nomination.....
03-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
18-09-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016
Confuzzeled23 said:
Hey everyone,

instructions here:

more information here:

Please help!
I have been tru this process. I submitted RCMP while in Brazil. RCMP will not accept your digitals in paper. You must submit eletronically, so as you are in Brazil(or your spouse) you must contact an agent to digitalize your prints for you and than submit electronically to RCMP. The results takes about two weeks to get at an address in Canada. So I printed a fingerprint form used by FBI check and collected my fingerprints in black ink. You must to go to Civil Police or something so an Papiloscopist can take your prints in paper. I then scanned in high resolution and sent to my agent for him to say if the prints were good enough. Than he said it was ok and also sent me a form to fill out. I filled the forms and send it to him in Canada together with the original prints. He received it and processed everything. I paid him thru Paypal and at the time costed 55 canadian dollars per person. You can check the authorized agencies to process fringerprinting at: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check
Get in touch with them....they have better information for you than CiC itself. Hope it helps!

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
We chose to go with XL-ID Solutions as one of the listed companies with the RCMP. With added fees of expedite and scan and email our forms to us. In addition to sending the forms to them in Montreal and getting them returned back to us. The whole process has costed us $361! This is something that would cost $25 if they tell you to do this at the beginning of your process. However, the check-list actually states: "However, if you have lived in Canada, at this time you are only required to indicate it on the Schedule 1 Background/Declaration Form (IMM 0008). You will be notified by the visa office dur-ing the processing of your application if you are required to submit a police certificate from Canada."

So we did an application with the above company, we then had to get my husband to bring the finger print form to the federal police and completed. We had to send two pieces of ID, a picture and the prints and consent. They will then receive them, digitize them, send them to the RCMP. It will take 3-4 days if there is no record found (which we know there isn't). The Certified Criminal Record Check then gets sent back to the company, they scan and email it to us so we can submit it immediately. Then the original will physically mailed to myself here in Canada. A very complicated process and not in any way simple for someone who is not currently in the country.

I have found the entire process in dealing with CIC very hard and not helpful. It is not transparent in any way possible and it feels as if they put these road blocks on purpose for people. When we have tried to speak to the consulate in Sao Paulo they just say to email any questions... and we all know how helpful that is.

I hope this info helps those who have to end up doing this as well.

Have a great day!

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
MrsEllis said:
My sponsorship has been sent to Sao Paulo. My husband was accept to be my Sponsor and now we are waiting for the results.
Hi there,

Have you heard anything at all from the VO in sao Paulo? Our file was transferred there from Mississauga March 30 2016 and we have not received anything from them thus far. We even needed to send in our FBI summary which we didn't initially attach with our application - having just received it we simply scanned it and used the webtool to send it to them - but then again no communication again. I think it's normal though - let me know if you hear anything at all

cheers and good luck,
John
Toronto

am3306

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Got my GCMS notes today. (only took 22 days to get them so they came early)

for reference our application was received in Mississauga right at the end of September, Sponsorship approval was in November and Sao Paulo received it at the beginning of December and only communication from them was late in January to request new police certificates

Assessments
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Eligibility Assessment: 1
Created Date: 2015/12/02
Updated Date: 2016/01/21
Conditional: yes
Due Date: 2016/11/30

Notes: "VO to verify if sscl is required. Relationship seems genuine, and info/docs available on file seem to support its bona fide. Would recommend to waive interview. Passed to VO"

Almost looks like no one has touched the file since they asked for a new police certificate over 3 months ago (all the update/create dates end on that date). They did have a record of receiving the new police certificates a week after those dates and that's about it. Also surprised by the conditional being yes, but in reality it doesn't matter anyways. I guess being married less then a year and being separated for while before that made them consider the relationship shorter then 2 years and the PR will be with the two year cohabitation condition once issues.

My take away from this is that nothing is wrong and their just slow. I guess any day now we will get a email from them requesting her passport. I hope. Then she can resign from her position and a month after land here...finally.

Hope this helps. (*also looks like it took them 43 days to start working on the file in Sao Paulo after receiving it from Mississauga)

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
am3306 said:
Got my GCMS notes today. (only took 22 days to get them so they came early)

for reference our application was received in Mississauga right at the end of September, Sponsorship approval was in November and Sao Paulo received it at the beginning of December and only communication from them was late in January to request new police certificates

Assessments
Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Eligibility Assessment: 1
Created Date: 2015/12/02
Updated Date: 2016/01/21
Conditional: yes
Due Date: 2016/11/30

Notes: "VO to verify if sscl is required. Relationship seems genuine, and info/docs available on file seem to support its bona fide. Would recommend to waive interview. Passed to VO"

Almost looks like no one has touched the file since they asked for a new police certificate over 3 months ago (all the update/create dates end on that date). They did have a record of receiving the new police certificates a week after those dates and that's about it. Also surprised by the conditional being yes, but in reality it doesn't matter anyways. I guess being married less then a year and being separated for while before that made them consider the relationship shorter then 2 years and the PR will be with the two year cohabitation condition once issues.

My take away from this is that nothing is wrong and their just slow. I guess any day now we will get a email from them requesting her passport. I hope. Then she can resign from her position and a month after land here...finally.

Hope this helps. (*also looks like it took them 43 days to start working on the file in Sao Paulo after receiving it from Mississauga)
Thanks for posting. This certainly helps - looks like your 8 month timeline for processing is almost done so you should hear from them soon. Not sure how long security check takes but that doesn't look like it's been started as of yet.

Not sure why they have a due date of Nov 30 2016 - Our application was received in Sao Paulo March 30 2016 so we have a long wait before we can even think of ordering notes. patience is a virtue. Good luck to you and your wife - btw where in Canada you from? I'm in Toronto sponsoring my wife who is in Sao Paul now

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
How can I GET my GCMSnotes?
I was approved as a Sponsor on Dec 16th 2015, and they received my application in São Paulo on Dec 30th, 2015. My husband and I are starting to find this wait a little too much considering the lack of communication from CIC. They also don't answer enquires...
We are trying to figure out if it would be worth it to get a tourist Visa for my husband.. We have been apart for 6 months already, and can't really take the distance anymore. We are just worried that we could spend a bunch of money to get him back in Canada, for then receiving an interview request a few days/weeks later..
Thank you for your help!
Marie

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Thanks for posting. This certainly helps - looks like your 8 month timeline for processing is almost done so you should hear from them soon. Not sure how long security check takes but that doesn't look like it's been started as of yet.
Apparently, the "NOT STARTED" thing next to Security only means that they may have started it but haven't found a problem.

Jaytheo40 said:
Not sure why they have a due date of Nov 30 2016
Due dates on GCMS notes mean nothing. They change all the time.

am3306

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
So today we got the good news. They phoned her and sent a email.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee [RPRF] and submit your passport(s) to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil, within 30 days of the receiving of this letter in order to finalize your application
Letter goes on about how to submit your passport, photos, etc and that the visa will be issued and passport returned within 30 days. Visa is valid until medical exam expiry date etc.
The letter is generic. For example our RPRF fees all have been paid etc. Tells you to not quit your job or sell property until you have your passport with the visa back in your hand etc.

For reference again:
Application was submitted September 30
Sponsorship Approval was I guess December 02
Request for new police certificate from Sao Paulo was January 21
New Police certificate was emailed to them within a day or two
Again another new Police certificate and new passport scan (passport was expiring and she got a new one) was submitted first week of February but there was no record of this in the GCMS notes...
GCMS notes requested April 22
GCMS notes received May 14
Request to send in passport and issue visa received May 17

So far (not over yet) overall waiting time has been just short of 8 months. I assume by the time the passport comes back it will actually be 8 months from the time the application was submitted. Now I have to fly out to pick up some of her stuff and once she gets her passport back she has to decide if she will resign from her work right away in Brazil or work remote from Canada for a bit. Suffice to say we are extremely relieved right now as it looks like she will be here in about a month (barring something unexpected happening)

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
How can I GET my GCMSnotes?
I was approved as a Sponsor on Dec 16th 2015, and they received my application in São Paulo on Dec 30th, 2015. My husband and I are starting to find this wait a little too much considering the lack of communication from CIC. They also don't answer enquires...
We are trying to figure out if it would be worth it to get a tourist Visa for my husband.. We have been apart for 6 months already, and can't really take the distance anymore. We are just worried that we could spend a bunch of money to get him back in Canada, for then receiving an interview request a few days/weeks later..
Thank you for your help!
Marie
Officially, it's called a request under the Access to Information Act, for GCMS (Global Case Management System) notes on your file. You can make the request here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

If you were approved as a sponsor on December 16, that means you probably submitted last week of October 2015? If so, assuming the 8-month processing time is accurate, you might be expected to receive a decision within the next 6 weeks. Your GCMS might give you some clues about how things are doing. (By the way, you might want to consider entering your timeline information on the 2015 outland spreadsheet. There's a shortage of info on Sao Paulo VO there.)

Applying for a visitor's visa might be a bit of a gamble. He would have to demonstrate his intent to abide the terms of the visa, which means proving that he plans to returning to Brazil to live and work. I'm lucky -- my wife is also a well-traveled Italian citizen, so she has been able to breeze through the Canadian border without a TRV. It likely won't be as easy for you, but it's not impossible.

I know the wait is annoying, but the wait times for PR out of the Sao Paulo VO (8 months) are about half the worldwide average (16 months). Right now, Sao Paulo is tied with Algeria and Tunisia for being the fastest visa offices in the world. Good thing we're not doing this through Pakistan (28 months), Thailand (29 months), or St. Vincent and the Grenadines (41 months).

am3306

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Mightytonewheel

Last I checked the 2015 Outland spreadsheet was full and I could not add my info otherwise I would as I found it helpful my self and wanted to return the favor.

If there is one that I can add info to please send me the link and I will do so.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
am3306 said:
So today we got the good news. They phoned her and sent a email.

Letter goes on about how to submit your passport, photos, etc and that the visa will be issued and passport returned within 30 days. Visa is valid until medical exam expiry date etc.
The letter is generic. For example our RPRF fees all have been paid etc. Tells you to not quit your job or sell property until you have your passport with the visa back in your hand etc.

For reference again:
Application was submitted September 30
Sponsorship Approval was I guess December 02
Request for new police certificate from Sao Paulo was January 21
New Police certificate was emailed to them within a day or two
Again another new Police certificate and new passport scan (passport was expiring and she got a new one) was submitted first week of February but there was no record of this in the GCMS notes...
GCMS notes requested April 22
GCMS notes received May 14
Request to send in passport and issue visa received May 17

So far (not over yet) overall waiting time has been just short of 8 months. I assume by the time the passport comes back it will actually be 8 months from the time the application was submitted. Now I have to fly out to pick up some of her stuff and once she gets her passport back she has to decide if she will resign from her work right away in Brazil or work remote from Canada for a bit. Suffice to say we are extremely relieved right now as it looks like she will be here in about a month (barring something unexpected happening)
Well huge congratulations! That's amazing news. Your process is right on schedule and almost over. I'm sure your excited for your wife to finally be settled in Canada - enjoy

MrsEllis

Feb 4, 2016
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SAO PAULO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2015
AOR Received.
12-2015
File Transfer...
12-01-2016
Med's Request
Infront
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
Is so good to see has more people applying like me.
Im still waiting for some results and hope to have some answers before we go to Brasil for our wedding.