12-2015
File Transfer...
12-01-2016
Med's Request
Infront
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
Mlle_81 said:
I called Sao Paulo VO before send our papers and they said 6 months.
So, I'm sure you will have you answer soon! 10 months is too long!!
We did outland :)
That is great, i hope will be done soon. I applyed October 2015, and my husband was approved in January 2016.

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Just posting an update. We submitted the requested documents: RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check, RPRF Receipt and two pictures on Tuesday May 24! I am hoping we get a passport request very soon as I am assuming we are at the end now.

Best of luck everyone!

PS - Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your passport returned once they request?

Thanks!

CCGS2015

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Nomination.....
03-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
18-09-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016
In another thread a lady said her passports were requested on the 10th, was sent to the SPVO in May 12 and returned with COPR and Visa on May 20, so I assuming between one and two working weeks!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
MrsEllis said:
That is great, i hope will be done soon. I applyed October 2015, and my husband was approved in January 2016.
The original comment was from 2011, so timelines from then probably no longer apply.

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update; today it's been exactly 5 months since CIC received our application in São Paulo. I haven't had any communication with them since they approved me as my husband's sponsor on Dec 16th 2015. We are extremely ready to figure out what's up. GCMS notes were requested one week ago. We are hoping that we'll hear from CIC before we get a hold on those notes, but we'll see!

Here's my complete timeline for OUTLAND since I can't figure out how to add it to spreadsheet..

Application received in Ottawa - October 19th 2015
Sponsor approved - December 16th 2015
Application received in São Paulo - December 30th 2015
NO COMMUNICATION SINCE
Today is May 30th 2016, and it's been exactly 5 months... The time they said it would take to process my husband's PR.

I promise I'll keep you all posted when I figure everything out for myself.

Keep your hopes up everybody! We're all in the same boat...

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Mdlf2016 said:
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update; today it's been exactly 5 months since CIC received our application in São Paulo. I haven't had any communication with them since they approved me as my husband's sponsor on Dec 16th 2015. We are extremely ready to figure out what's up. GCMS notes were requested one week ago. We are hoping that we'll hear from CIC before we get a hold on those notes, but we'll see!

Here's my complete timeline for OUTLAND since I can't figure out how to add it to spreadsheet..

Application received in Ottawa - October 19th 2015
Sponsor approved - December 16th 2015
Application received in São Paulo - December 30th 2015
NO COMMUNICATION SINCE
Today is May 30th 2016, and it's been exactly 5 months... The time they said it would take to process my husband's PR.

I promise I'll keep you all posted when I figure everything out for myself.

Keep your hopes up everybody! We're all in the same boat...
Ottawa received your application 7 months and 11 days ago. CIC is currently estimating a total turnaround time of 8 months, including the sponsorship application. I have no idea how accurate that is (I guess we'll find out soon!), but you're still within that time frame. At least one person on this thread got word at about 8 months, so it's very possible you'll hear something soon.

The lack of news is not concerning. In fact, it's probably the opposite. No news is good news. The last thing you want is CIC writing you, telling you to re-do this, re-submit that, or something is missing. The silence means they have nothing to say, and that's a good thing.

Let us know what you find on your notes, but my guess is you're going to find almost nothing.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Hi all,
I'm glad I found people applying from Sao Paulo as well in this forum.

I'm Brazilian and my husband is Canadian. We got married here in Canada last summer, July 21st 2015 and we applied our family sponsorship on January 18th 2016.
We sent our application to Mississauga and they received it on January 19, 2016. Based on CIC website they started processing our application on February 29, 2016. On March 11th my husband got an email saying he was approved as my sponsor.
They started my application in Sao Paulo VO on March 30, 2016. After that we still not hearing anything from them. Everything it says in the CIC website is: in process.

We are hoping to get everything till September. Hopefully. Good lucky to all of us.

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
nsjk16 said:
Hi all,

I'm Brazilian and my husband is Canadian. We got married here in Canada last summer, July 21st 2015 and we applied our family sponsorship on January 18th 2016.
We sent our application to Mississauga and they received it on January 19, 2016. Based on CIC website they started processing our application on February 29, 2016. On March 11th my husband got an email saying he was approved as my sponsor.
They started my application in Sao Paulo VO on March 30, 2016. After that we still not hearing anything from them. Everything it says in the CIC website is: in process.

We are hoping to get everything till September. Hopefully. Good lucky to all of us.
Wishing you the best of luck. Welcome to our little community.

Are you currently living in Brazil then to have you process processed there? My husband moved there for the time being since the processing time is so much faster as an outbound process.

All the best!

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Mightytonewheel said:
Ottawa received your application 7 months and 11 days ago. CIC is currently estimating a total turnaround time of 8 months, including the sponsorship application. I have no idea how accurate that is (I guess we'll find out soon!), but you're still within that time frame. At least one person on this thread got word at about 8 months, so it's very possible you'll hear something soon.

The lack of news is not concerning. In fact, it's probably the opposite. No news is good news. The last thing you want is CIC writing you, telling you to re-do this, re-submit that, or something is missing. The silence means they have nothing to say, and that's a good thing.

Let us know what you find on your notes, but my guess is you're going to find almost nothing.
The person you are talking about had their application received in São Paulo 2 weeks before mine and they heard from CIC on the 17th. I am excited and very positive, but I don't want to get too excited either... High expectations often come with big disappointments! My husband returned to Brazil at the end of November and I went for 10 days in March (way too short of a trip, but all I could manage with school). Being apart for that long is very challenging, but we're managing pretty well. I am extremely grateful for that!

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
Confuzzeled23 said:
Wishing you the best of luck. Welcome to our little community.

Are you currently living in Brazil then to have you process processed there? My husband moved there for the time being since the processing time is so much faster as an outbound process.

All the best!
Hello,
Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

I met my husband when I was here on vacation on 2014. We got married on summer 2015 and because I have the tourist visa I'm fine waiting with him here in Canada. We went to Brazil after getting married for a short vacation and also to Europe for our honeymoon so I was always re-entrying Canada and renewing my visa. I have been here with him since we got back from our Honeymoon.

If you have a legal status/visa you can remain in Canada with your partner until they finish processing your application. I just needed to ask for my visa extension because you can't stay here without a status during your process. When we applied for the sponsorship process we also asked for my visa extension all together and immigration extended it for 6 more months. I'm hoping to have a word from then till end of August (when my visa extension expires) if not, I'll need to spend more money and ask again for an extension or go to Brazil and wait there ;(

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
I also have a friend of mine, Brazilian as well, got married to a Canadian and applied to the sponsorship two months before I did.

We are always exchanging information between us and I'm "basing" my timelines on her process. I know each case is different but because she did everything two months before I can kinda imagine when things will happen to me...
Like, her husband got approved to be her sponsor within 61 days from the day they sent their application. My husband got approved within around 56 days from the day we sent our applications.

She has been waiting in Brazil for 6 months (including the sponsor time) and I have been waiting for 4 months.

Wait, wait, wait... all the best to us! ;)

am3306

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015 (recieved in Ottawa)
Doc's Request.
21-01-2016 (new police certificate was requested - emailed)
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
02-12-2015 (Sponsorship Approval notice)
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016 (Sent via CVAV 19-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016 (Passport recieved with VISA)
Confuzzeled23 said:
Just posting an update. We submitted the requested documents: RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check, RPRF Receipt and two pictures on Tuesday May 24! I am hoping we get a passport request very soon as I am assuming we are at the end now.

Best of luck everyone!

PS - Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your passport returned once they request?

Thanks!
I can help you with this. We got the Passport back today (June 7th) sent it throught the CVAV office in Sao Paulo for 122 reais on May 19th. Took 19 days (or 11 business days as there was one holiday in there May 26-27).

Also the CIC site changed the PR application status to "decission made" May 31st, so after they recieved the passport. Nothing else. No other communications.

Sometime in early July will land here once all personal things get sorted out in Brazil.

Good luck. You are obviously very close. too bad for that rcmp check that probably slowed you down a little bit. Also keep in mind the visa they issue expires 12 months after the date your medical exams were done. I would hope they try to get you your visa before that time otherwise you might have to do new medical exams. In our case our medical exams expire end of July (she did them over 2 months before the application was sent, little early). So between getting the passport back and the expiry of the visa we only have about a month and a half window to land in Canada.

Again hope this is helpful for everyone else who is in the dark like we were.

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
Hello,

First update on my application after AOR2.
I got an email today from São Paulo VO requesting Certified Criminal Record Check (Civil Fingerprinting Screening) issued by the RCMP and two photographs.

Good luck everyone!

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
nsjk16 said:
Hi all,

Well good luck to you. Our timeline is pretty much like yours - Our application was received in Mississauga Feb 9 2016 and I was approved as a sponsor Mid -March then forwarded to Sao Paulo VO on March 30 2016 and like yourself have not heard anything at all. Our notes say ''in process'' as well ....

If I hear anything at all I'll post here too .

cheers,
John

Confuzzeled23

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Hey everyone,

Great update. I emailed the São Paulo office twice. They got back to me today and REQUESTED MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT. as you can imagine I am beyond excited. However I am a bit confused by the email. It seems to be a very generalized email. I was under the impression my husband just has to submit his passport but the email references pictures of myself and my husband etc. I am just going to post the 5 points if someone who has done this step could help me.

Thanks,

Your application will be finalized at the Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil. If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact this office, by following the instructions on their website:

1. CHANGE IN FAMILY COMPOSITION OR MAILING ADDRESS

You must notify the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, any grandchildren born to dependent children); or
You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information.

Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

2. VISA VALIDITY

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) when requested.

Once you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s), please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Sao Paulo Visa Section immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.

The immigrant visa will have the same validity date as the medical examination results, that is, 12 months from the date of the first examination, or according to the validity of your passport or any accompanying family member’s passport, whichever is the earliest. Once issued, the validity of an immigrant visa cannot be extended.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

3. PASSAPORTS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS

Please provide the following information:
Two (2) recent photographs of yourself, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable). Follow the instructions provided in the section How to Complete the Forms of the application guide and in Appendix A: Photo Specifications. The application guides may be found on the CIC website at:
Height and Eye Colour details for you and your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children (if applicable).

a. If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements:
Submit your original passport and the original passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children, if applicable to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil. Passports for you and your accompanying spouse and dependent children (if applicable) must be submitted together.
There must be at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months.
b. If you are a citizen of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please follow the instructions below regarding your passport requirements (NOTE: To find out if you are visa-exempt under Regulation 190, consult the CIC webpage:
Send a photocopy of your passport (all pages) and of the passport of your accompanying spouse and dependent children (all pages), if applicable to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil.

4. PAYMENT OF THE RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE (RPRF)

If the RPRF has already been paid, please disregard this request and go to item 5. If not follow instructions as follows. The Fee is 490 Canadian dollars per person. Principal applicants and spouses and common-law partners coming with the principal applicant to Canada must pay this fee. If you have not already done so, you must pay your RPRF. Please check the Application Guide on the CIC website or visit the following webpage for more information about fees and fee payment options:

*** In all cases, dependent children regardless of their age are exempt from paying the RPRF ***

Once you have completed your payment, you must send the original receipt together with the passport(s) to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence. Failure to quote this file number may cause delays in the finalization of your application.

5. SUBMITTING YOUR PASSPORT(S)

You must submit your current, valid, actual passport with at least two blank visa pages in each passport and your passport(s) must be valid for at least six months. Do not send expired passport/s.

Applicants residing: OUTSIDE CANADA

If you live outside Canada, you can submit your passport(s) to the Visa Section, Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil either by:

i. Sending your passport(s) using the Visa Application Centres (VACs). Visit for more information on the Visa Application Offices serving Brazil.

OR

ii.Sending your passport(s) by mail or courier together with a copy of this letter to the following address:

Visa and Immigration Section - Consulate General of Canada
Av. Nações Unidas, 12.901 CENU, Torre Norte – 16º andar.
04578-000 São Paulo – SP, Brazil

6. RETURN OF YOUR PASSPORT(S)

After we receive the passport, your application for immigration to Canada will be finalized and the visa will be issued. If you choose to do not use VAC services, we will return your passport(s) via registered mail. Passport(s) will not be returned by any other way (SEDEX, SEDEX10,etc). Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.

Please attach a letter informing to which address our office should send the passport. If this address is not in Brazil, please be advised that our office cannot cover the costs of sending a passport abroad. In that case, if you have, kindly provide a courier account number, so that our office can forward the passports to the mailing address, collect.

Our office will make the best effort to have your passport returned to you with your permanent resident visa within 30 days from their receipt. You should not give up your employment, dispose of property or make any other commitment, including travel arrangements until you are in possession of your immigration documentation