+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo BRA VO - 2016/17 Timeline

leb_angel

Oct 1, 2016
Does anyone who has received PPR already how it works to mail passport to consulate ? Like my husband is telling me here is no prepaid service in Brazil? Apparently you pay to send your passport to consulate and they pay to send it back to you but when you get your passport returned you pay them and the consulate gets a refund? Anybody know or looked into this ?

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
leb_angel said:
Does anyone who has received PPR already how it works to mail passport to consulate ? Like my husband is telling me here is no prepaid service in Brazil? Apparently you pay to send your passport to consulate and they pay to send it back to you but when you get your passport returned you pay them and the consulate gets a refund? Anybody know or looked into this ?
We're not totally sure, but my husband said there used to be a 'cost on delivery' thing in Brazil... look into 'sedex a cobrar'.

When you get PPR, doesn't it come with specific instructions on how/where to mail your passport? Hopefully they make it clear what what they expect from you!

Let us know what you find out! I'm curious now too!

Edit: I also meant to ask you how the interview was! What kind of questions did they ask you?

leb_angel

Oct 1, 2016
Yeah we'll see what their instructions say but I read in other forums they always ask you to pay return postage. I don't know we are just checking stuff out so when the time comes we know exactly what to do and no delays.

Interview went good thankfully. Just stuff like my full name, how many kids we want, where am I from, there's a forum called interview questions and it's pretty accurate actually if you take a look

Best of luck

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Hey everyone!
Any updates? Nothing new for us! We're really hoping to see our BC change to IP late this month or early next month based on the timelines we've been seeing here!

I find I sometimes am searching through the spreadsheets and threads for the months to try to compare the timelines of other SP VO people. And since I had a little too much time on my hands today, I started to create a spreadsheet for the São Paulo VO - just to see how our timelines compared in more detail than just SA and PPR.

It's far from perfect and there is definitely information missing, so please edit, add, improve!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxtxHTuTsPO6yPZUQDZ-f5R-JXSmxKPFaWTVHrU5HXM/edit?usp=sharing

alooise

Oct 27, 2015
Hello all!
I just opened my ecas today and the status changed to DECISION MADE!
We didn't receive the passport request email yet so I don't know if it the application is approved or not, however, I didn't have an interview so I'm hoping yes! Can't wait to get my COPR! :)

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)
alooise said:
Hello all!
We didn't receive the passport request email yet so I don't know if it the application is approved or not, however, I didn't have an interview so I'm hoping yes! Can't wait to get my COPR! :)
Congratulations!!! :D

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
alooise said:
Hello all!
Congratulations! So good to see progress! Let us know when you get PPR and COPR!
Do you already know when you want to land?

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
katdanger said:
Hey everyone!
Any updates? Nothing new for us! We're really hoping to see our BC change to IP late this month or early next month based on the timelines we've been seeing here!

I find I sometimes am searching through the spreadsheets and threads for the months to try to compare the timelines of other SP VO people. And since I had a little too much time on my hands today, I started to create a spreadsheet for the São Paulo VO - just to see how our timelines compared in more detail than just SA and PPR.

It's far from perfect and there is definitely information missing, so please edit, add, improve!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxtxHTuTsPO6yPZUQDZ-f5R-JXSmxKPFaWTVHrU5HXM/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks Kat! nice to see how we all compare to get an idea of when the next step might come...

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
alooise said:
Hello all!
Great news! For you, obviously, and for us because it indicates the SP office is working ;)

alooise

Oct 27, 2015
katdanger said:
Congratulations! So good to see progress! Let us know when you get PPR and COPR!
Do you already know when you want to land?
I'm already living in Canada on a work visa, so I will land as soon as I get the copr :)

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Congrats alooise and thanks for keeping us informed.

We are all anxious for those type of great news!

CristineFF

Mar 21, 2017
Anybody knows how long they take to request passport after DM appears on Ecas?
And how long it's taking for them to return the passport if you send to Ottawa?

Thanks

KGLM

Mar 3, 2017
I just opened my account today and the status changed to DECISION MADE!
Just like aloosie, not sure how much longer it takes to get all the other notifications. We'll be waiting with excitement!!!

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Congrats KGLM ... keep us posted when you get your PPR.

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
Great news, KGLM! We're about a month behind you so hopefully this pace holds up :) Hope your next step comes soon.