08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
rio2016 said:
New PPR updates alooise and Rebecca22... congrats!! hope to see more of those to come soon :) ;)

** 2016 members **

1. nsjk16 - SA Mar/15 - PPR Oct/17
2. Jaytheo40 - SA Mar/31 - PPR Sep/27
3. Canadianbrazil - SA Apr/15 - PPR Oct/17
4. minimouse - SA Apr/16 - PPR Sep/15
5. FB_9192 - SA Jun/3 - PPR Oct/17
6. braziliangirl88 - SA Jun/9 - PPR Oct/18
7. ACM90 - SA Jun/9 - PPR Oct/20
8. canadiangirl90 - SA Aug/3 - PPR Nov/21
9. ohhhhcanada - SA Aug/15 - PPR Nov/11
10. leb_angel - SA Aug/19 - PPR wait
11. nathan3B - SA Aug/23 - PPR Nov/29
12. T4m1 - SA Aug/23 - PPR Jan/24 2017
13. eder11990 - SA Aug/24 - PPR Nov/17
14. nvnv - SA Sep/1 - PPR wait
15. ml1535 - SA Sep/1 - PPR wait
16. rio2016 - SA Sep/8 - PPR wait
17. alooise - SA Oct/7 - PPR Mar 27, 2017
18. natrocha - SA Oct/18 - PPR wait
19. JZ_SP - SA Oct/25 - PPR wait
20. KGLM - SA Oct/28 - PPR wait
21. Ligia - SA Nov/03 - PPR wait
22. Rebecca22 - SA Nov/17 - PPR Mar 27, 2017
23. Dcvascon - SA Nov/24 - PPR wait
24. Bea07 - SA Nov/24 - PPR wait
25. malikagui - SA Nov/28 - PPR wait
26. katdanger - SA Nov/30 - PPR wait
27. Andreaquebec - SA wait - PPR wait
28. RACHEL2016 - SA wait - PPR wait
29. marcinha - SA Dec/28 - PPR wait
Hi, I really believe that there are a big difference in the time line when the sponsorship is referent to spouse and common in law. And when they live in Brazil looks the time is a little bigger too. Can you guys put this information in the spread sheet?

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
marcinha said:
Hi, I really believe that there are a big difference in the time line when the sponsorship is referent to spouse and common in law. And when they live in Brazil looks the time is a little bigger too. Can you guys put this information in the spread sheet?
Hi marcinha, feel free to add that info into other SS. Good tip about spouse X common law.

Actually the reason I originally opened this thread I realized there is too much info on those SS AND very time consuming to maintain.

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Background Check changed to in process today! :D
Just added it to the spreadsheet!

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
My husband was going to go through the visa service today to send his passport to the embassy, rather than use a courier, and they weren't particularly helpful. The email letter we received was incredibly clear on what the next steps were and that those needed to be completed within the next 30 days. However, the Visa company told us we needed an actual physical letter that was mailed to us, with a bar code, or they couldn't help us. Again, this is not what we received, nor is it anywhere near reflective of what the official correspondence from the Embassy/ Consultant actually read. In fact, the correspondence from the consulate was explicitly clear that no other letters would be sent. Anybody else dealing with this sort of nonsense? :)

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Rebecca22 said:
My husband was going to go through the visa service today to send his passport to the embassy, rather than use a courier, and they weren't particularly helpful. The email letter we received was incredibly clear on what the next steps were and that those needed to be completed within the next 30 days. However, the Visa company told us we needed an actual physical letter that was mailed to us, with a bar code, or they couldn't help us. Again, this is not what we received, nor is it anywhere near reflective of what the official correspondence from the Embassy/ Consultant actually read. Anybody else dealing with this sort of nonsense? :)
That sounds so frustrating! Is there a number you can call to clear things up? Based on my experiences with the correios I wouldn't trust the letter to arrive in time!

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
Rebecca22 said:
My husband was going to go through the visa service today to send his passport to the embassy, rather than use a courier, and they weren't particularly helpful. The email letter we received was incredibly clear on what the next steps were and that those needed to be completed within the next 30 days. However, the Visa company told us we needed an actual physical letter that was mailed to us, with a bar code, or they couldn't help us. Again, this is not what we received, nor is it anywhere near reflective of what the official correspondence from the Embassy/ Consultant actually read. In fact, the correspondence from the consulate was explicitly clear that no other letters would be sent. Anybody else dealing with this sort of nonsense? :)
Hi. Did you make contact with Centro de Solicitações de Visto do Canadá (CSVC)? In my thoughts we need sent the passport for them and they will take it for the consulate. But I am not sure...

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
I will give a little bit more info, just in case it happens to anybody else. Hopefully my husband just happened upon a terrible agent that day and this is not a thing:

The email we received was from SPALOIMMIGRATION and cited our case number, so there was no question it was legit. It opened with the following passage, which couldn't have been more clear:

"Dear Mr / Mrs

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.
"

So we certainly didn't misunderstand what the email was, in spite of the agent at CVAC who advised my husband that he needed a physical letter which had our bar code on it (we have the barcode on the letter of sponsorship approval, so I do know what they are talking about, but that is not included as part of this email)

Then the email has 5 parts: (1) Change in family composition or mailing address, (2) Visa validity, (3) Passports and other requirements, (4) Submitting your passport, and (5) Return of your passports

In section (4) it tells you to use either http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Brazil/English/Service_and_Service_Charge.html or courier to submit your passport and letter + photos to the consulate.

So, longer story short, the print out of this letter is what the visa agent near the consulate in Berrini told my husband wasn't the letter she needed - even though the letter clearly states that this is the letter we need to print. She also told him that he didn't need photos of himself, even though the letter explicitly states that he needs photos of himself. Then she told him that the letter he needed would be under his mycic account as an attachment, which is also not true. The email makes it very clear that there will be no other letters other than the one they emailed us.

He gave up after about 15 minutes of this and left, and is going to decide tomorrow how to submit it. He doesn't mind sending his passport in with DHL, but I don't love the idea of the consulate sending it back via registered mail.

So I will probably ask him to call the visa people tomorrow and ask them to deal with a different agent. Fingers crossed.

JZ_SP

Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
25-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
26-08-2016
Hi, Rebecca!

I sent my passport with the requested information + photos today through registered mail.

My case is the opposite: last year, I've dealt with VFS Global to get tourist visas and they were the only means to send our passport to the consulate, and we did receive letter through MyCIC in that case (but not in this one, the agent may be misunderstanding it for permanent residency), but at that moment I felt like paying overpriced fees for a simple service (delivering our passports across the street), their agency was packed and I had to wait hours and hours just to drop it there (I only went there because I live in SP and was afraid of sending it through mail).

So this time I got excited when I saw the possibility of sending it directly to the Consulate:
4) ii. Sending your passport(s) by mail or courier together with a copy of this letter to the following address:
Visa and Immigration Section - Consulate General of Canada
Av. Nações Unidas, 12.901 CENU, Torre Norte – 16º andar.
04578-000 São Paulo – SP, Brazil

It's also written they send it back through registered mail. It's written they don't accept prepaid courier/envelopes, they only use VFS or registered mail, don't you think it's reliable? :eek: Well, I really hope it is, because my document is in possess of them and I want to finalize this process soon! ???

Summing it up, I sent today:
- a letter with all numbers of the application I have on the top: No of Application, UCI#, Type of visa (Permanent Residency - Spouse Sponsorship), Sponsor's Name and Principal Applicant's name
- informations requested about Principal Applicant and dependants on the appl. (height and eye colour)
- Address to where I want my passport sent back
- A printed copy of the email received
- 2 photos taken today (with the info requested on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf)
- passport valid for at least 6 more months and at least 2 blank visa pages (for the dependants too, if applicable)

Hope to have helped a little.

Wish you all the best of luck!

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
Thanks!

The registered mail is probably ok, or else we'd see a long line of complaints from people who never saw their passports again :D

My husband is going to decide what to do tomorrow, but good to know somebody has faith in the courier service. He can make up his own mind then and i can have faith in either way ;)

JZ_SP

Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
25-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
26-08-2016
Great news! MyCIC has just been updated for "approved"! YAY!
I'm still waiting my passport back, but it's such a relief to see this word after a long wait...

Wish you all good luck and hope your applications go smooth and faster! ;D

malikagui

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront; passed
Med's Done....
25-09-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
Good news here as well. Finally, after multiple failed attempts, we were able to link mycic and our Background check status changed to "In Process"! Love seeing the progress! Good luck to all :)

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
malikagui said:
Good news here as well. Finally, after multiple failed attempts, we were able to link mycic and our Background check status changed to "In Process"! Love seeing the progress! Good luck to all :)
So good to see this!!! There is a handful of us at about the same stage! Can't wait so start seeing our PPRs come in!

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)
Everything seems to be moving! :) Still no updates for me yet since February... my anxiety increases a little bit every day hahaha

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
Ligia said:
Everything seems to be moving! :) Still no updates for me yet since February... my anxiety increases a little bit every day hahaha
Have you requested the notes? Are you constantly checking your spam? I'm sure movement on your file is coming! It's just so hard to guess how long the background checks take! Have you lived in many countries or traveled a lot?

Ligia

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
File Transfer...
03/11/2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15/08/2016 (passed)
katdanger said:
Have you requested the notes? Are you constantly checking your spam? I'm sure movement on your file is coming! It's just so hard to guess how long the background checks take! Have you lived in many countries or traveled a lot?
I haven't, do you think it's a good a idea to request them? I check everything every day but no changes so far. I only lived in Brazil and Canada, so if they ever have to ask for more documents it would be the fingerprints, I think. I know it's normal to take long, it's just a very hard wait!