+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Intent to reside outside Quebec Letter

alexand3r

Jan 17, 2020
Hey there !

I'm wondering if would be eligible to apply for EE under the Canadian Experience Class (or Abroad Experience Class).

- Before moving to Canada I had 3 years of skilled job in France
- Arrived on WHV in Vancouver (Whistler) and stayed there 8 months working (no skilled job)
- Then moved to Montreal and got a skilled job there
- Finally asked for the QSW (PEQ) as I had to in order to continue to work and be able to stay in Canada at that moment and got it with my work permit linked to my employer last week, it's now been 18 months that I live in Montreal.

My girlfriend and I want to move to British Columbia and I wonder if I will be able to apply for PR CEC and prove my intention to move to BC as I live in Montreal, work in Montreal. But I lived in BC, and worked there (for a short period of time compare to my full time living in Canada) so I would join a letter proving my intentions as well. I have a lot of friends living in Vancouver and the area that could also prove my intentions to move there.
But other than that I don't see a lot of things that could prove those intentions ?

So are my chances super low to get the PR through CEC ? Should I leave my job and come back to my home country and apply from there ? Or move directly to BC

Thanks a lot for your help.

Alex

markely

Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

After reading through the thread I'm starting to worry more and more about my status...I came to Montreal for study in 2013 and finished my study in 2017. after graduation I worked for a Quebec employer for 2 years and watch through all the up and downs in CSQ so decided to apply to EE CEC instead.

By now I have already resigned my job here in Quebec and looking for an apartment lease in Toronto. I've been trying to land a job in Ontario for a long time (almost half a year) but no luck. Moreover, my PGWP is expiring in 3 months so I don't think I will get a job offer even if I pass all the interview process and stuff.

Although I have many friends in Ontario, I don't have any relatives in Canada as I came here along for study. There is no tie I can prove that I have in either place, and judging by the conversation through this thread I'm going to receive PFN for sure. Is there any proactive actions I can do before any of these complications arise?

Thanks in advance for consultation/

Markel

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

After reading through the thread I'm starting to worry more and more about my status...I came to Montreal for study in 2013 and finished my study in 2017. after graduation I worked for a Quebec employer for 2 years and watch through all the up and downs in CSQ so decided to apply to EE CEC instead.

By now I have already resigned my job here in Quebec and looking for an apartment lease in Toronto. I've been trying to land a job in Ontario for a long time (almost half a year) but no luck. Moreover, my PGWP is expiring in 3 months so I don't think I will get a job offer even if I pass all the interview process and stuff.

Although I have many friends in Ontario, I don't have any relatives in Canada as I came here along for study. There is no tie I can prove that I have in either place, and judging by the conversation through this thread I'm going to receive PFN for sure. Is there any proactive actions I can do before any of these complications arise?

Thanks in advance for consultation/

Markel
If you enough ee point then accept ITA ..... complete medical and biometric and go to your home country/ enjoy with family and frds there for 3 months .By that time reveive PR. You can easily prove to gov that u r moving out of qubec by showing u r flight tkt.come back to canada as PR holder

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Hello Mutenye
Congratulations for receiving the PR, I received a Procedural Fairness letter, since I was living in Montreal, and applied for PEQ, in which I did not clear the interview. So I got rejected. Now I am applying with my spouse as primary applicant. Could you please share your draft of the letter and I dont see a slot to upload the letter, how do we send the letter to them?

Thank you
Fantazee

Just wanted to let you know that my application was approved without any problems. My residency was confirmed at CIC Ottawa. There was never any issue with my moving from Quebec to Ontario. I threw the kitchen sink at CIC in my application and no conditions were imposed on me before conferring my PR. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe I did a very good job with my application but it is possible to be living in Quebec and get PR for elsewhere in Canada as long as you genuinely intend to move to your new province and make an effort to show that you are serious about this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!
Just wanted to let you know that my application was approved without any problems. My residency was confirmed at CIC Ottawa. There was never any issue with my moving from Quebec to Ontario. I threw the kitchen sink at CIC in my application and no conditions were imposed on me before conferring my PR. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe I did a very good job with my application but it is possible to be living in Quebec and get PR for elsewhere in Canada as long as you genuinely intend to move to your new province and make an effort to show that you are serious about this.

Thank you Canada and Ontario for allowing me live and work in your great country. Thank you Quebec for giving me my start. I look forward to many more happy years here!

Reactions: astraldust

hardyh

Apr 27, 2020
Replied to your PM
Hi,

I am in the same boat, would you share your experience for EE? Please. I appreciate your help.

What did you end up showing as proof to reside outside Quebec?
Did you submit the letter of intent along with your application?
Did you finally get a letter from VO to prove your intent to reside outside Quebec?

jyotisc

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Montreal Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi everyone, we need some suggestions.
We are currently living in Montreal, Quebec, and have received ITA recently. We found out that, applying for PR through CEC Express Entry while living in Quebec is not the same as other provinces. By doing some research we found that we need to prove that we intend to leave Quebec after getting PR and some evidence must be provided supporting the intention.
It would be of great help if you could give some advice or share a similar experience with us on what kind of evidence we can produce and how?

amandeep1833

Dec 11, 2018
Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All,
I am on the same boat,
I have studied and lived in Quebec only.
I have a very good job here,
Please guide if I should leave Quebec and my ob or a LOI is enough to support my application?

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
I am on the same boat,
I have studied and lived in Quebec only.
I have a very good job here,
Please guide if I should leave Quebec and my ob or a LOI is enough to support my application?

Thank You
Either leave Quebec or apply for PR through the Quebec skilled worker program.

Reactions: amandeep1833

newbieee21312

Jul 5, 2020
Hello Mutenye
Congratulations for receiving the PR, I received a Procedural Fairness letter, since I was living in Montreal, and applied for PEQ, in which I did not clear the interview. So I got rejected. Now I am applying with my spouse as primary applicant. Could you please share your draft of the letter and I dont see a slot to upload the letter, how do we send the letter to them?

Thank you
Fantazee
Hi, what happened to your file, can you share a followup?

Raza89

Dec 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have got an ITA for Express Entry last week. I am currently living in Montreal on an open work permit as my wife has a study permit. I have got a job in Laval. The Ph.D of my wife is due to end in 2023 and we can not leave Montreal before 2023. We have plans to move outside QC only after the completion of her degree. Would it be justified if we mention that we have a strong intent to move to another province as my sister living in another province in Canada, but we will move in 2023. Can VO reject our case on the basis that why we are applying for EE so early if we are not moving outside QC right away?

Please guide.

Thanks a lot.

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada

Congrats on your PR. I hope you see this post. I am currently living in qc but now I need to show them my intent to reside outside qc which i already am working on because i have studied in ontario and my family lives in ontario. How did you prove your intent to live outside qc? My employer agreed to give me work from home from ontario. So, I can work from ontario for a qc employer. Is that enough to show my intent?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Congrats on your PR. I hope you see this post. I am currently living in qc but now I need to show them my intent to reside outside qc which i already am working on because i have studied in ontario and my family lives in ontario. How did you prove your intent to live outside qc? My employer agreed to give me work from home from ontario. So, I can work from ontario for a qc employer. Is that enough to show my intent?
yes it should be fine . you should be very clear in letter as this is decision making letter . I was already in USA so i just convinced i will come to Ontario with letter from employer ,

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
yes it should be fine . you should be very clear in letter as this is decision making letter . I was already in USA so i just convinced i will come to Ontario with letter from employer ,
Do you have a sample template of what to write and what not write in the letter? Should I just go to ottawa and apply for drivers license exchange and put my previous address in ontario? I will be moving in 4 months anyway, so, might as well exchange the license.

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada

I am on the same boat as you were. I am currently living in qc. I have requested work from home from ontario which is yet to be approved, have family living in ontario, inhave graduated from ontario. How should I prove to them that my intention is to leave once i get my 52 week of work experience which is in 3 months from now? Do i need to lease apt in ontario or change my drivers license address?

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
Hi, I continued my job in Quebec as I live in border city, so commute was never a issue. Yes I did convert my Quebec DL to Ontario DL.

It should be mentioend in your message that it is a PFN or not. PFN are generally issued by VO and it is last chance to you before refusal. This is what I heard from other forums.
Did you change your drivers license before submitting the intent letter? If not then how long did they give you to change your license after you submitted your intent letter?