+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same day processing for a PR Travel Document at the Cebu, Philippines VAC?

MWVC

Apr 15, 2012
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with getting a PR Travel Document (PRTD) from the VAC in Cebu, Philippines? I'm aware that mailing in the application would require a certain amount of days to process but is it possible to walk into the office directly, meet with someone, and get the travel document processed in-person same day?

Just a little back story:
Our situation is that my partner and I visited a CIC office in Canada today to "land" for our permanent residence. We're now officially permanent residents of Canada but unfortunately we don't have the travel documents needed to return to Canada because we now require either a PR card or PRTD. We've already bought tickets to fly out to the Philippines on Dec 21st to return Jan 7th months ago. The reason why we need a same-day delivery on the PRTD because we're going from Cebu to Cagayan de Oro for the reunion, then back to Cebu to fly out.

We knew that we could have waited to land on the way back from the trip but we were just really anxious to get our PR done and out of the way. We thought we would be able to get a PRTD quickly or just be able to use our Confirmation letter to travel (they would have used it if we weren't landed, so it really is just bureaucracy) but we didn't realize that processing it would take so long, or that expediting a PR card had all these emergency restrictions (our visit is for a family reunion).

Long story short, we're kicking ourselves because we could have just waited to land on the way back but because we've gotten our PR now, our travel plans are likely to fail. It seems we were just too excited to get our PR and now the feeling of finally getting it is tainted by this one last obstacle.

Anyways, if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays,
MWVC

fayth_ailyn07

Apr 11, 2018
H
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with getting a PR Travel Document (PRTD) from the VAC in Cebu, Philippines? I'm aware that mailing in the application would require a certain amount of days to process but is it possible to walk into the office directly, meet with someone, and get the travel document processed in-person same day?

Just a little back story:
Our situation is that my partner and I visited a CIC office in Canada today to "land" for our permanent residence. We're now officially permanent residents of Canada but unfortunately we don't have the travel documents needed to return to Canada because we now require either a PR card or PRTD. We've already bought tickets to fly out to the Philippines on Dec 21st to return Jan 7th months ago. The reason why we need a same-day delivery on the PRTD because we're going from Cebu to Cagayan de Oro for the reunion, then back to Cebu to fly out.

We knew that we could have waited to land on the way back from the trip but we were just really anxious to get our PR done and out of the way. We thought we would be able to get a PRTD quickly or just be able to use our Confirmation letter to travel (they would have used it if we weren't landed, so it really is just bureaucracy) but we didn't realize that processing it would take so long, or that expediting a PR card had all these emergency restrictions (our visit is for a family reunion).

Long story short, we're kicking ourselves because we could have just waited to land on the way back but because we've gotten our PR now, our travel plans are likely to fail. It seems we were just too excited to get our PR and now the feeling of finally getting it is tainted by this one last obstacle.

Anyways, if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays,
MWVC
How did the processing turn out for you?