+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD applications 2020

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I applied in January in person and got it by mail in February. Applying in person is faster. If you can go to passport office in Gatineau, you can apply in person.

Reactions: simple2000

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
I remember someone in this group stated that they received their RTD after applying in February 2020. They got it by mail a few days ago. Which means you'll receive one shortly as well. I also called cic, they said that my RTD has been approved and now will be processed. (I hope it means it is being printed).

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
I remember someone in this group stated that they received their RTD after applying in February 2020. They got it by mail a few days ago. Which means you'll receive one shortly as well. I also called cic, they said that my RTD has been approved and now will be processed. (I hope it means it is being printed).
That is a great news... I also called and the officer said it has been processed and in queue for printing... I hope to get it soon

Reactions: Pindimurree

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
when did u apply?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi guys,

When applying for RTD as a PR, do we have to send the PR card with the application? Or is the COPR enough to include? I'm just wondering so I can assess whether I will need to send the PR card once I get it.

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Hi guys,

When applying for RTD as a PR, do we have to send the PR card with the application? Or is the COPR enough to include? I'm just wondering so I can assess whether I will need to send the PR card once I get it.
I am not sure ... wait for a better reply bro

Reactions: Anonyref

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hi guys,

According to the cic website:

The application must be accompanied by:

As stated above the confirmation of PR is sufficient but once you get the card, that can fulfill the requirement of your supporting identification.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
According to the cic website:

The application must be accompanied by:

As stated above the confirmation of PR is sufficient but once you get the card, that can fulfill the requirement of your supporting identification.
I see, thank you for your reply! I am just wondering with this whole covid19 situation if it is wise to send the PR card to them. I guess it would be better to evaluate whether applications will go back to normal processing time or not. Let's see how it goes! :D