+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Echostorm

Member
May 9, 2026
11
3
Hi everyone,

I applied for a Canadian Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and submitted my original birth certificate together with its translation during the application process. I received my RTD, but I have never received my original birth certificate or the translation back.

I also sent a written request to the Passport Program about two years ago asking for the return of my original documents, but unfortunately I never received a response and the documents have still not been returned. My current RTD is also expiring soon, so I am planning to apply for a new RTD. However, since my original birth certificate and translation are still with the Passport Program, I don't think I should have to submit the same original documents again.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Is there a specific procedure or webform to request the return of the original birth certificate and translation before applying for a new RTD? any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: appwarez