Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
My ecas was updated today to decision made, no new line added to the details, I did my test on 14th of June

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
My Ecas changed in Decision Made! :D
Here my timeline in case it helps anyone else that got the Quality Assurance Exercise and to update the spreadsheet. This is for the Montreal office...
Application sent: October 12th, 2017
Application Received: October 13th, 2017
AOR: November 25nd, 2017
In Process: December 8th, 2017
RQ Received: December 10th, 2017 (sent date was December 8th, 2017)
RQ Completed & Sent: February 9th, 2018 (received February 10th, 2018)
Test Invite Received: June 26th, 2018
Test Date + Interview: July 10th, 2018
Call to the Guarantor: July 20th, 2018
Decision Made: July 27th, 2018
Good luck everybody!

Last edited:

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Here my timeline in case it helps anyone else that got the Quality Assurance Exercise and to update the spreadsheet. This is for the Montreal office...
Call to the Garant: July 20th, 2018
Good luck everybody!
Congrats! What is Call to the Garant?

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
Congrats! What is Call to the Guarantor?
In the list of the document for the RQ, there was a request for a Canadian Guarantor (Reference person) to contact. They had contacted that person, by phone, 10 days after my test. They had asked lots of questions about my personal life and my job.

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Call to the Garant: July 20th, 2018
Good luck everybody!
Looks good.

Here too, congratulations should soon be very much in order.

And thank you about reporting the telephone call to your citizen reference. Good to know.

Reactions: Fiore2017

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
I got invitation email for the ceremony in 2 weeks

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
I get the invitations for the oath! :)
Oath Invite Sent: July 30th, 2018 (ECAS showed 5th line and I received an email)
Oath Date: August 15th, 2018
Thank you for all the help that I get in this forum! It was very helpful!
Good luck to everyone!

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
I get the invitations for the oath! :)
Oath Invite Sent: July 30th, 2018 (ECAS showed 5th line and I received an email)
Oath Date: August 15th, 2018
Thank you for all the help that I get in this forum! It was very helpful!
Good luck to everyone!
Congrats, should we take all the original documents that we submitted for the QAE? That will be a too heavy folder of important documents to bring around...

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Congrats, should we take all the original documents that we submitted for the QAE? That will be a too heavy folder of important documents to bring around...
Documents for Oath:

IRCC instructs citizenship "candidates" (once there is a Decision Made and the oath is scheduled, the individual is no longer an "applicant" but is a "candidate" for citizenship) to bring a number of documents to the oath, and these are usually the originals of supporting documents submitted with the application itself, NOT those subsequently submitted during processing. REMEMBER, the instructions which apply are those specific instructions the applicant/candidate actually receives.

Following the instructions actually received is almost always the best approach.

That said, even though technically the notice for the oath will ordinarily instruct the applicant to bring documents like the applicant's passport, PR card, and forms of identification, and . . . perhaps some other particular documents . . . generally all they really want and need is the PR card, which is surrendered at the time of the oath. As noted, following the instructions actually received is the better approach, so best to have the other documents in possession. But these should be relatively few. And as long as the candidate for the oath has the PR card, his or her passport, and one form of identification, the odds of a problem related to documents is very, very small.

Otherwise: seeing QAE applicants being scheduled for the oath now, which is sooner than many totally ROUTINE applications, is very good news. This does indicate the PPQ-QAE is more or less a quality assurance program which, for the qualified applicant, should have minimal impact on processing the application notwithstanding the rather profound inconvenience it imposes on the individual applicant who gets the PPQ-QAE.

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
No, I think I'll bring only the documents that they asked in the email.
1. Letter
2. Two IDs
3. RP Confirmation
4. RP Card
5. All Passports.

Reactions: cherif2100
Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have an issue I need your help for:

I am a Nov. applicant from Toronto. During the interview the officer raised some concerns as I had a long list of temporary addresses for like 1 year (I was unemployed and studying) and also for a fact that I was unemployed.

He asked for proof of some docs which I sent back in March. I have now been issued a full RQ CIT 0171, a general cover letter asking for docs which duplicates the RQ 0171 and a consent for US entry exits. It also states that I do not need to resend the docs that I have already sent. The general cover letter asks for entry/exit reports from all countries I have had temporary or permanent residence permits.

I had fewer than 30 days as buffer and I understand the officer's concern, but what I dont understand is that why he didnt ask for the RQ during the interview itself. He also was very positive that once he sees the docs he asked during the interview, he would approve the case. I am 100% sure of my days calculations as it was checked about 4 times rigorously.

As I am currently outside Canada and someone else checks my mail, I have the following questions:

1) does it make a difference to fill the form from outside Canada and send it back? or I should come back and fill it?
2) is it advisable to get a lawyer involved at this stage? (if so do you have suggestions for someone who has experience in dealing with RQs?
3) would it be helpful at this stage to order an ATIP for "physical files" not the electronic notes? I have heard it could take much longer than a month
4) does anyone know if it is possible to get entry exit report from Schengen states including Germany?
5) the letter does not have any date but it is mentioned on RQ that I have 30 days. How should I know when the 30 day start? Should I call CIC?

6) for the period that I was unemployed: there is a question on RQ 0171 which says explain your situation on how you sustained yourself. I was wondering if it is advisable to send extra docs showing my activity in Canada during those periods like a letter I got from the Employment Search agency in Toronto with a log of my attendance there.

7) I have already sent some period that the officer had requested to prove I was supported by family. Is it advisable to send bank statements for some mkre periods during which I was supported by family and the officer didnt ask for them during the interview?

I would highly appreciate any comments!

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am a Nov. applicant from Toronto. During the interview the officer raised some concerns as I had a long list of temporary addresses for like 1 year (I was unemployed and studying) and also for a fact that I was unemployed.

He asked for proof of some docs which I sent back in March. I have now been issued a full RQ CIT 0171, a general cover letter asking for docs which duplicates the RQ 0171 and a consent for US entry exits. It also states that I do not need to resend the docs that I have already sent. The general cover letter asks for entry/exit reports from all countries I have had temporary or permanent residence permits.

I had fewer than 30 days as buffer and I understand the officer's concern, but what I dont understand is that why he didnt ask for the RQ during the interview itself. He also was very positive that once he sees the docs he asked during the interview, he would approve the case. I am 100% sure of my days calculations as it was checked about 4 times rigorously.

As I am currently outside Canada and someone else checks my mail, I have the following questions:

1) does it make a difference to fill the form from outside Canada and send it back? or I should come back and fill it?
2) is it advisable to get a lawyer involved at this stage? (if so do you have suggestions for someone who has experience in dealing with RQs?
3) would it be helpful at this stage to order an ATIP for "physical files" not the electronic notes? I have heard it could take much longer than a month
4) does anyone know if it is possible to get entry exit report from Schengen states including Germany?
5) the letter does not have any date but it is mentioned on RQ that I have 30 days. How should I know when the 30 day start? Should I call CIC?

6) for the period that I was unemployed: there is a question on RQ 0171 which says explain your situation on how you sustained yourself. I was wondering if it is advisable to send extra docs showing my activity in Canada during those periods like a letter I got from the Employment Search agency in Toronto with a log of my attendance there.

7) I have already sent some period that the officer had requested to prove I was supported by family. Is it advisable to send bank statements for some mkre periods during which I was supported by family and the officer didnt ask for them during the interview?

Why and for how long you have been outside Canada can make a difference. How so is a complicated enough question to warrant its own extensive discussion.

One key factor, however, is whether or not you are now living outside Canada and whether you have properly kept IRCC advised as to your current place of residence; obviously, if you are no longer living at the address IRCC has for you, that could constitute a misrepresentation by omission (you certified, in the signature box on the application, you would notify IRCC of any changes in the information in the application, and that clearly includes your current residential address, the place where you ACTUALLY live).

In contrast, if you only recently went abroad for a temporary purpose, the fact you are abroad should make little difference. Other than it complicates timely communication, including responding to the RQ.

In between there are many variables and nuances, and as I said, how just being abroad can affect things is a complicated enough question to warrant its own extensive discussion.

AND THAT IS JUST ONE POTENTIALLY COMPLICATING ISSUE.

Whether to obtain the assistance of a lawyer is a very personal question, subject to numerous very individual factors, including what you can afford, how complicated the case is, how competent you are in handling these kinds of matters. I tend to suggest that if in doubt, and a lawyer is affordable, LAWYER-UP. It will rarely hurt to obtain a lawyer, other than the pain in the pocketbook.

My sense is that if the success of the citizenship application is a priority for you, and you can afford a lawyer, a lawyer could help. But I do NOT really know that you need a lawyer or how much difference it will make in your situation.

I have no lawyer recommendations.

Ordering GCMS notes or the physical file is NOT LIKELY to be productive. You know the situation. The physical file will not reveal much if anything more than what you are already aware of.

In particular, full-blown RQ at this stage indicates you have a presence case. IRCC has questions about your physical presence. The situation is clear: It is now your burden, your task, to submit enough evidence, enough objective documentation, to prove your physical presence in Canada on the days you claim to have been in Canada. To a large extent this comes down to objective, direct proof you were actually IN CANADA during the periods of time between the date you reported entering Canada and the next reported date you exited Canada.

So yes, including some extra documentation is probably a good idea, such as "sending extra docs showing [your] activity in Canada during those periods like a letter [you] got from the Employment Search agency in Toronto with a log of [your] attendance there."

Likewise some financial documentation . . . showing your activities in Canada and showing source of funds.

BUT, BUT your situation could be more complicated than that. I do NOT really know. I am NO expert. This is NOT an appropriate forum for obtaining personal advice for a specific individual case, let alone in the degree of detail your questions elicit.

At the least you need to make a concerted effort to TIMELY provide as much of the information and documentation requested as you can, and include in that an explanation about what you are not providing and why, and if the why is that you are waiting for the information from other sources (like other government bodies), say so along with an explanation that the documents have been requested, and affirm that you will submit those when you obtain them.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and FULLY RESPOND TO ALL REQUESTS as best you can. Again, at this stage the full blown RQ tends to mean that the Citizenship Officer has overt suspicions about your case AND it is your burden to prove your presence.

(Knowing why the interviewer did not issue RQ at the interview would not illuminate much if anything for you. Odds are your interviewer was a processing agent who made notes and submitted observations to be reviewed by the responsible Citizenship Officer, and upon reviewing your case after the interview, the Citizenship Officer is the one who probably decided to issue CIT 0171. The interviewer probably already had questions, concerns, but the Citizenship Officer is the one who has the decision making authority.)

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

Did you have many trips abroad?