RQ despite all documents submitted with citizenship application

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi eileenf,
You are right . I would not correlate, as i do not have total visibility of all the info to derive that conclusion.

Has any one from Nov (Mississauga) other than me and Nov 06 2014 received RQ?

Just checked the tracker ,not too many Mississauga applicants in November.
@ datascientist

I've said a lot about this unfair process. We can do nothing at the moment except waiting. Both my wife and I received a questionnaire. My real hope is to be looked at our cases fairly especially when they review our supporting documents that create a very solid ground of eligible and qualified applications. At that moment, I hope they will realize out truthful cases and put us back in track with other applications.
I hope this for you as well.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nov 06 2014,
Iam fine with getting an RQ, as long as the qualified eligible applicants are not asked to wait for unfair amount of time.
Thanks to this forum and blogs (https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/), it really helped me kept informed and
prepare in the event of getting RQed.

Without these resources, it would have really put lot of stress in terms of organizing/preparing the response for RQ.
However, we are not insulated from the stress
created by RQ processing timeframes which is a big black-box. :(

Nov 06 said:
@ datascientist

I've said a lot about this unfair process. We can do nothing at the moment except waiting. Both my wife and I received a questionnaire. My real hope is to be looked at our cases fairly especially when they review our supporting documents that create a very solid ground of eligible and qualified applications. At that moment, I hope they will realize out truthful cases and put us back in track with other applications.
I hope this for you as well.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors,
I have a quick question, the eCAS does not show File transfer to Local office.
Should i wait for file transfer and then send the RQ?

The RQ envelope has Sydney address, the letter has Local office (Mississauga) address and
i have been asked to send the RQ response to this office.

datascientist said:
Hi Nov 06 2014,
Iam fine with getting an RQ, as long as the qualified eligible applicants are not asked to wait for unfair amount of time.
Thanks to this forum and blogs (https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/), it really helped me kept informed and
prepare in the event of getting RQed.

Without these resources, it would have really put lot of stress in terms of organizing/preparing the response for RQ.
However, we are not insulated from the stress
created by RQ processing timeframes which is a big black-box. :(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
datascientist said:
Seniors,
I have a quick question, the eCAS does not show File transfer to Local office.
Should i wait for file transfer and then send the RQ?

The RQ envelope has Sydney address, the letter has Local office (Mississauga) address and
i have been asked to send the RQ response to this office.
There is a deadline of 45 days i think to reply. so don't wait for file transfer option on ecas. Sometimes file is transferred but ecas does not update. Don't take any risk and send the complete RQ to the office mentioned in the letter

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long a RQ takes time to be processed these days?

What are the new timelines since CIC implemented new procedures?

If you received a RQ, please share how long CIC took to resolve it.

Thank you

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCAs shows update today :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 10, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

thecoolguysam said:
There is a deadline of 45 days i think to reply. so don't wait for file transfer option on ecas. Sometimes file is transferred but ecas does not update. Don't take any risk and send the complete RQ to the office mentioned in the letter

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmak said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long a RQ takes time to be processed these days?

What are the new timelines since CIC implemented new procedures?

If you received a RQ, please share how long CIC took to resolve it.

Thank you
Hi I got RQ February 2014, took the exam June 2014 and Oath October 2014.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's super fast. .Did the local office process your RQ or was it processed by different CIC office?

hoping_canadian said:
Hi I got RQ February 2014, took the exam June 2014 and Oath October 2014.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
That's super fast. .Did the local office process your RQ or was it processed by different CIC office?
yeah it was the local office Montreal. Overall my apps took around 11 months only. I got crazy with RQ because of too much paper works. When I called them after the exam they always says wait for 3 years coz I am a non routine applicant. But I got the citizenship in less than a year

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
yeah it was the local office Montreal. Overall my apps took around 11 months only. I got crazy with RQ because of too much paper works. When I called them after the exam they always says wait for 3 years coz I am a non routine applicant. But I got the citizenship in less than a year
Congratulations , that means that your case is an exception from the mass case scenarios.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Congratulations , that means that your case is an exception from the mass case scenarios.
Thank u

I also have maybe 3-5 friends here in Montreal who got their citizenship without RQ, I can say 4 of them took Oath right after the exam. I think Montreal office is getting faster this days

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
Thank u

I also have maybe 3-5 friends here in Montreal who got their citizenship without RQ, I can say 4 of them took Oath right after the exam. I think Montreal office is getting faster this days
hoping_canadian,
I will give you +2 for such good news. I'm so much excited to hear about the fast RQ cases. Thanks for sharing...

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
hoping_canadian,
I will give you +2 for such good news. I'm so much excited to hear about the fast RQ cases. Thanks for sharing...
ha ha ha just hang in there sooner or later everybody gets their citizenship ;o) I been so negative before because of the RQ but I realized there is no point of being negative it wont help me at all.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The situation in general is very funny. For such ordinary government service "The citizenship" the government put so much artificial delays.
It is like the people are applying for some kind of intergalactic citizenship, with a very deep investigation on ordinary people.
This is a disgrace for all future Canadians.

At the end of course that everyone will get their citizenship.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
ha ha ha just hang in there sooner or later everybody gets their citizenship ;o) I been so negative before because of the RQ but I realized there is no point of being negative it wont help me at all.

Sometimes no matter how you try to take it easy and think positive, the ideas of the possibility of spending long time ( possibly years) in this process ruin all your efforts. Just depicting those cases which spent ages in the processing stage is such a nightmare. That happens when you believe that your application is an honest one and spent every single day claimed in the application. When you worked since day 1 and being a contributor to build this country. When lots of what you earn goes to tax. That is very unfair. We always hear about cases who spent the time on and off and the process of their applications is so smooth. This is unfair. .... very unfair....