+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ after citizenship test

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rayman_m said:
Shortcut solution: Just write a letter to CIC to withdraw your application due to your residency calculation mistake and you will reapply with proper calculation.

Impact and outcome: Withdrawing and reapplying will cost your few hundred $ which is worthy. You will save many months perhaps years with new application. Recent trend is you will receive new test schedule from applying is probably within 5 to 6 month. Most likely you will be citizen by 2015.

Many in this forum may say that you may get RQ again. But that's not something automatic unless there is a similar error or other hazard issues related to your file such as suspicious travel, residence ties in Canada seems not credible to the officer etc. etc..
i second that and the best option is to withdraw and reapply as soon as possible to avoid the new 4/6 rule coming into effect.
As the miscalculation occured at your end, it means you are short of days in real which means lengthy delays in your current application and at the end if you see a judge your application might get refused.

Jut withdraw and reapply with correct residency dates. Make sure to check your application 100 times for errors/inconsistencies and then submit it.

HansTimmers

Jan 13, 2015
adzees said:
I had a citizenship test this morning that i passed but while going over the documents, the immigration officer found that i forgot to mention the physical absence from Canada. I have provided with Residence Questionaire to fill out and send it to local CIC within 45 days.

Not sure what should i do? I am hearing all these stories about long delay and possible refusal of the application
Hello Adzees,

The most important element here is time, and new regulations of 4 out of 6 that will be applicable, as speculated, by the middle of 2015.

Trust the RQ matter will be a very long process, which will make you so uncomfortable, and might result in your application being declined knowing that you are short of days.

I have personally had an RQ in May 2014, which I have replied to by June 2014, and I have passed my test in September 2014, but till now no news from CIC, even though that I have excess days.

So as I see it, the most feasible solution in your case would be to withdraw your application, and resubmit again, cause as I see it you will unfortunately waste time and efforts, and at the end your application might be declined (hope not).

The final decision is yours dear Adzees, what we are sharing with you is personal experience and opinion only.

Let us know what would be your final decision, and best of luck.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Do you guys know if there is any fee to withdraw the application?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
desigirltoronto84 said:
There is no fee.
I found this on CIC website

How do I withdraw my application for citizenship services?

First, find out if you can get a refund. If you still wish to withdraw your application, send a request by mail.

Write “Withdrawal of Application” on the envelope. Send us:

Form CIT 0027E Withdrawal of Citizenship Application (PDF, 600.37 KB); and
A copy of the electronic payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt (Form IMM5401).
We recommend that you keep a copy of the withdrawal form for your records.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I have these options I guess;

One:
Response back to RQ, and wait for CIC to process it. It is probably going to take forever, and most likely I will get refuse and then apply again (probably under new conditions)

Two:
Response back to RQ, and then withdraw the application and apply again before new law takes place

Three:
Withdraw the application, and apply again. Attach lots of supporting documents with the new application (mostly what they ask in RQ so they already have all the documents instead of issuing RQ).

What do you think guys?

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have to agree with most of the replies here. Pass a new application. Do the necessary steps for the withdrawal.Good Luck.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
hi adeez we are on the same boat.. the only difference was i received a resident questionaire before i took my test.. did u draw your application? i am short of 19 days too. but i declared all my vacations and i sent my itineraries including my Applications for RQ last year.. when i had an interview with the cic officer yesterday after the test she told me that she wasnt convinced and she will forward my application to the CJ, he/she will decide if i will take my oath or not.. so confused here.. i need to wait for 6-8 weeks..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I checked my application status online today, and it says Decision Made. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. :(

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Same here. I am a Vancouver post test RQ (old rules, 1,095 days) applicant.

Applied April 29, 2014 and took the test on Oct 29, 2014 (passed), but received the RQ after the test during the interview. During the RQ, I realized that instead of the 1,095 days I thought I had, i was short by 24 days.

Today, ECAS showed "Decision made", but the detailed text did not show any updates when I clicked on the "decision made" link - it only showed the last time the test letter invite was sent. So I called the CIC call centre, and the agent mentioned that on Jul 23, 2015, my file was approved and put into the pool for oath ceremony scheduling. No date has been scheduled yet, but I am in the pool.

Not sure if I should be trusting what the call centre agent says as well, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking both ECAS and my mail.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I will call tomorrow to find out. I will keep you posted.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Kefz said:
Same here. I am a Vancouver post test RQ (old rules, 1,095 days) applicant.

Applied April 29, 2014 and took the test on Oct 29, 2014 (passed), but received the RQ after the test during the interview. During the RQ, I realized that instead of the 1,095 days I thought I had, i was short by 24 days.

Today, ECAS showed "Decision made", but the detailed text did not show any updates when I clicked on the "decision made" link - it only showed the last time the test letter invite was sent. So I called the CIC call centre, and the agent mentioned that on Jul 23, 2015, my file was approved and put into the pool for oath ceremony scheduling. No date has been scheduled yet, but I am in the pool.

Not sure if I should be trusting what the call centre agent says as well, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking both ECAS and my mail.
I call call centre three time this morning and every time i got the same answer that they cannot look in to my file and i have to wait to hear from the office.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Just checked the E-Cas status. The application has been approved, and the letter to attend the oath ceremony is on it's way. So excited. I was so sad on receiving RQ after the exam due to shortfall of days.

Never lose hope. Be truthful.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congratulation :)
adzees said:
Just checked the E-Cas status. The application has been approved, and the letter to attend the oath ceremony is on it's way. So excited. I was so sad on receiving RQ after the exam due to shortfall of days.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
adzees said:

Congratulation! The patience has paid off :D !!!