Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
she is a well known xenophobe, i also reported her latest post.
I think all of us in this forum are trying to do what we think is best for our families. I lived in Canada for 4 years, paid taxes, helped in the economy, and discovered how beautiful Canada and its people are. Our family plans to spend most of our summers in Canada, especially in the Atlantic provinces. Moving to the USA is purely an economy and opportunity-based decision and it will not make me any less of a Canadian.

Reactions: vkamath and fr72

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not a xenophobe or else I wouldn’t help people immigrate to Canada. I am saying that it isn’t a priority to approve new citizen so that they can work abroad as soon as possible. If I was a Xenophobe I would be encouraging people to leave as soon as possible:rolleyes: Urgent citizenship processing requests are not usually grated to allow people to leave Canada to work abroad as fast as possible. Most common approval reasons are so that people qualify for jobs in Canada that are limitted to citizens due to security clearance or for family reasons like serious illness that require urgent travel. Will come down to IRCC nobody stopping people from attempting to get urgent processing. If you don’t qualify you will just be denied.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Not a xenophobe or else I wouldn’t help people immigrate to Canada. I am saying that it isn’t a priority to approve new citizen so that they can work abroad as soon as possible. If I was a Xenophobe I would be encouraging people to leave as soon as possible:rolleyes: Urgent citizenship processing requests are not usually grated to allow people to leave Canada to work abroad as fast as possible. Most common approval reasons are so that people qualify for jobs in Canada that are limitted to citizens due to security clearance or for family reasons like serious illness that require urgent travel. Will come down to IRCC nobody stopping people from attempting to get urgent processing. If you don’t qualify you will just be denied.
You are a xenophobe. Because you continue to lie about OP asking for urgent citizenship. HE IS NOT ASKING FOR URGENT CITIZENSHIP!!!

He is asking for urgent passport AFTER HAVING TAKEN THE CITIZENSHIP OATH!!!

But because you look at immigrants purely in terms of revenue/cost and not as human beings, you assume the worst and give lectures about how its not in Canada's interest for immigrants to move to the US.

Yes, you are a xenophobe. There are many different kinds of xenophobes. Some want to keep all immigrants out. You want to force them to stay within Canada because you dont believe they have the same rights as people born in Canada. Which is why you lecture people about how their US jobs are considered bad by Canada ON COMPLETELY UNRELATED THREADS.

Reactions: Rawhide

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I think all of us in this forum are trying to do what we think is best for our families. I lived in Canada for 4 years, paid taxes, helped in the economy, and discovered how beautiful Canada and its people are. Our family plans to spend most of our summers in Canada, especially in the Atlantic provinces. Moving to the USA is purely an economy and opportunity-based decision and it will not make me any less of a Canadian.
You are not a Canadian, you are a mercenary and an opportunist but it's all good, there's nothing wrong with that. It is best to be honest with ourselves.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
You are not a Canadian, you are a mercenary and an opportunist but it's all good, there's nothing wrong with that. It is best to be honest with ourselves.
It's possible to be both Canadian and an opportunist. By your definition, Wayne Gretzky and Justin Bieber (and half of the current NHL teams in the US) are not Canadians.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
PLEASE HELP.

My wife and daughter's H1/H4 application is refused and asked to come for an in-person interview.

It's available only in Apr 4th, could you please help suggest the ways you all have used to expedite the process.

OR ANY ONE HAS EARLIER APPOINTMENT that I can use.

You CAN reach me at skrbhuvani@gmail.com

PLEASE HELP.
Any update on this??

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It's possible to be both Canadian and an opportunist. By your definition, Wayne Gretzky and Justin Bieber (and half of the current NHL teams in the US) are not Canadians.
They were born in Canada and moved once for economic opportunity.

The member above moved to Canada primarily as a convenience to continue their stay in US in a more comfortable status. Totally legal and fine but it does make me chuckle when they call themselves a Canadian

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
You are not a Canadian, you are a mercenary and an opportunist but it's all good, there's nothing wrong with that. It is best, to be honest with ourselves.
You are entitled to your opinion and nobody can take it away from you :)

I worked hard to be in a position where I can have options to live in the country of my choice and would happily take advantage of it now when the time has come. Last three years of living in Canada, I compared the pros and cons of living in both the USA and Canada, and in this situation, the USA turns out to be a better choice.

Reactions: swan0206

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
You are entitled to your opinion and nobody can take it away from you :)

I worked hard to be in a position where I can have options to live in the country of my choice and would happily take advantage of it now when the time has come. Last three years of living in Canada, I compared the pros and cons of living in both the USA and Canada, and in this situation, the USA turns out to be a better choice.
Some here are rightly arguing, rather clumsily, that using Canada as a staging area to move to the US (or elsewhere) shortly after acquiring Canadian citizenship might be legal but is in poor taste. I agree with this if the intention all along was to acquire Canadian citizenship solely to find an easier path to the US. And if so, I, as a Canadian, feel taken advantage of by those who do this. On the other hand, as an immigrant to Canada myself who, after living there for decades, found an opportunity to move elsewhere, understand the circumstances that might lead individuals to seek economic, romantic or other opportunities.

I'd also like to note that a naturalized Canadian citizen is no different than a native born one. And anyone who thinks otherwise, because of the new Canadian's appearance, accent or place of birth, is not a xenophobe but a racist. And there are plenty of those around (in every country).

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Nice joke. Might be on paper but go to any social gathering and they will be as Canadian as a Chinese person in Beijing wearing a Canadian goose jacket
[/
Nice joke. Might be on paper but go to any social gathering and they will be as Canadian as a Chinese person in Beijing wearing a Canadian goose jacket
So who is the ideal Canadian qualified for going to the gatherings you are mentioning? In the last 3-4 years I have seen more Canada than the average Canadian, done more for communities than an average Canadian, and paid more taxes than the average Canadian.
Some here are rightly arguing, rather clumsily, that using Canada as a staging area to move to the US (or elsewhere) shortly after acquiring Canadian citizenship might be legal but is in poor taste. I agree with this if the intention all along was to acquire Canadian citizenship solely to find an easier path to the US. And if so, I, as a Canadian, feel taken advantage of by those who do this. On the other hand, as an immigrant to Canada myself who, after living there for decades, found an opportunity to move elsewhere, understand the circumstances that might lead individuals to seek economic, romantic or other opportunities.

I'd also like to note that a naturalized Canadian citizen is no different than a native born one. And anyone who thinks otherwise, because of the new Canadian's appearance, accent or place of birth, is not a xenophobe but a racist. And there are plenty of those around (in every country).

Just to be clear, having Canadian citizenship provides no extra advantage to me for going to the USA or making the path to the USA easier. Working in the USA has been a purely economic decision as the tech industry provides more opportunities. My plan is to keep working in the USA and spend summers here in Canada - not sure how that leaves a bad taste.

Reactions: fr72

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Just to be clear, having Canadian citizenship provides no extra advantage to me for going to the USA or making the path to the USA easier. Working in the USA has been a purely economic decision as the tech industry provides more opportunities. My plan is to keep working in the USA and spend summers here in Canada - not sure how that leaves a bad taste.
I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular but making a reference to intention. You have every right to move wherever you wish without any recrimination or having to provide any justification. And yes, being a Canadian citizen provides extra advantages for going to the USA. There are employment visas, namely TN, that are only available to Canadians. But that's neither here nor there.

Good luck.

Reactions: Rawhide

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular but making a reference to intention. You have every right to move wherever you wish without any recrimination or having to provide any justification. And yes, being a Canadian citizen provides extra advantages for going to the USA. There are employment visas, namely TN, that are only available to Canadians. But that's neither here nor there.

Good luck.
Thank you, I am an H1B VISA holder since 2012 so I am not planning to use TN VISA ( I find it restrictive while changing jobs). I just plan to keep on extending my H1B VISA.

Reactions: Mounat