+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath Ceremony

guanjiankun

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi, All

Has anyone of you missed a ceremony? Mine was on Jan 17, and I was unable to attend the video oath ceremony due to Family matter, (my grandma passed away due to COVID) and I had to stay with the family in China. I've sent emails to the designated email address that was given in the oath letter if unable to attend, and webform request, before and right on the scheduled date, provided with my info and reasons for the reschedule, no replys or updates since.

I have also tried to logged into the ZOOM meeting with the given room and password info during the ceremony to speak with an immigration officer about my situation, but it kept telling me wrong password and blocked me from access. Does anyone of you has similar issues?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Thank you for the detailed info. I’m in a similar situation. i got the oath invite for end of this month but need to travel out of the country In mid-June. Not sure if this would be enough time for me to get my passport in time to apply for visas, which is why I’m debating if I should postpone the ceremony and request if they could provide me a date after my return. Unfortunately, can’t move travel dates since it’s my wedding. What would you recommend?
HI Mandy , Did you reschedule your oath ceremony ? If yes how long did they take to send you the new invite ? Also, what is your processing office ?

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Did anyone got reschedule the Oath ceremony? Could you please share the steps to do it and the experience?
Thanks in advance.

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Update:

As mentioned in my previous posts, I had to reschedule my Oath Ceremony because I was outside of the country. I was told by an immigration officer to send them an email, when the time comes, letting them know that I was back in Canada. However, one week before returning to Canada, I got a new Oath invitation for February 16, 2022. I didn't even have to send them an email saying that I was back. It was better than expected because I thought that I was going to have to send the email after coming back and wait for a long time before hearing back from them with a new ceremony date.

For those who are curious, my timeline is below (Calgary office):

- April 17, 2020: Application Received by the Office.
- Oct 26, 2020: Acknowledge of Receipt (this is when they update the application in the system).
- November 27, 2020: Started processing the application.
- Jan 28, 2021: Background verification activity status updated to Completed.
- Jun 4, 2021: Citizenship test activity status updated to In Progress (Invited to take the test between June 14, 2021, and July 5, 2021).
- Jun 11, 2021: I sent an email asking to reschedule the citizenship test because I was out of the country (at that time, it was not possible to take the test from overseas). They replied on the same day saying that I was going to be rescheduled after I returned.
- Jul 26, 2021: Citizenship test activity status updated to In Progress (Invited to take the test between July 26, 2021, and August 16, 2021).
- Aug 9, 2021: I passed the citizenship test.
- Aug 24, 2021: Citizenship test activity status updated to Completed.
- Oct 22, 2021: Invited for an interview on Oct 28, 2021. The interview was online and I was outside of Canada. The officer said that was going to update all the statuses to Completed and I was going to be queued for the Oath Ceremony.
- Oct 28, 2021: All the statuses, except the Oath Ceremony, were updated to Completed.
- Nov 20, 2021: About 4 weeks later, the Oath Ceremony Status changed to In Progress, and I got an invite email two days after asking me to attend the ceremony on December 15, 2021.
- November 24, 2021: I sent them an email asking them to reschedule it after January 2022. I got no response from them apart from that Automatic Response.
- December 15, 2021: I joined the Oath Ceremony call and spoke with an officer about rescheduling. She said that there was already a note in my file saying that I was outside of the country and probably would not attend the ceremony. During the call, she added one more comment to my file specifying the exact day that I'll be back (I asked if she could add this comment and she said yes and did it). However, she said that I still should send an email when I get back to remind them that I'm ready.
- December 20, 2021: Citizenship oath status has been updated to Not Started.
- Jan 18, 2022: Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress, and the Oath was scheduled for Feb 16, 2022.
- Feb 16, 2022: Oath Ceremony (scheduled).
Thanks for the information you have posted here. Just one clarification. Did you attend the online Oath meeting and informed the officer that you are not in the country.

Baba Yaga

Feb 20, 2018
Does anybody know how long IRCC takes to reschedule another Oath ceremony?
I got an Oath ceremony in mid of April because I could not able to attend. I requested them to reschedule my oath ceremony. Till now, I didn't receive the next date.

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Hello. I’m in the same situation. I had a citizenship ceremony scheduled for 14th April. I told them in advance that I would be traveling for work and won’t be able to attend, they replied by acknowledging it and asked me to email them when I’m back. I emailed them on 15th May but haven’t heard anything back. Please let me know if you have had any success getting an invite again

Reactions: Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Feb 20, 2018
Hello. I’m in the same situation. I had a citizenship ceremony scheduled for 14th April. I told them in advance that I would be traveling for work and won’t be able to attend, they replied by acknowledging it and asked me to email them when I’m back. I emailed them on 15th May but haven’t heard anything back. Please let me know if you have had any success getting an invite again
So I got rescheduled for the end of June.
Did you get yours?

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
still waiting. Which IRCC office is your application with? And also did you see your status on portal change? From In progress to not started or did you just directly get a new invite?

BHDtoYVR

Apr 11, 2023
For those still waiting, rescheduling will come. Timeline below.

Vancouver office
Original oath date: May 20
New date: June 19

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
Thanks for posting timelines. Can anybody confirm if the portal got updated (for rescheduled date) or you got an invite directly in email?

cabbagetowner

Jul 21, 2023

BHDtoYVR

Apr 11, 2023
On the invitation, there will be an email to the office handling your ceremony, that is the email address to contact as far as I am aware.

Yes, it's the citizenship tracker.

Hi there, did you email this address with a request to reschedule the ceremony: IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

If yes, what tracker do they update with details of your new ceremony date, is it the "Citizenship Status Tracker"? Just want to make sure I don't any updates.

Thanks,
CT

cabbagetowner

Jul 21, 2023
On the invitation, there will be an email to the office handling your ceremony, that is the email address to contact as far as I am aware.

Yes, it's the citizenship tracker.
Thanks, I received the original invite from the Mississauga office, but I have been yet unsuccessful receiving a response from them. So I tried the email in my original post.

Thanks re: tracker, just checked and no update, it doesn't even say that my ceremony was cancelled due to me not being available at the time.