+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath Ceremony

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

cabbagetowner

Jul 21, 2023
My situation is as follows:

Received oath date for March 2, but was not able to attend as I was out of the country attending to a sick relative.

I am still out of the country and now trying to get date in advance of flying back to take the oath. It is proving very difficult, I have been asked to provide a boarding pass before a new oath date can be issued. This is not possible, as I am only flying back to take the oath and then leaving after due to an ill family member abroad. I cannot indefinitely fly back to Canada and wait on a date, due to my family commitment abroad.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I might be able to attain a date before arriving in Canada? I am desperate at this stage as I do not want to lose the opportunity of my citizenship because of an administrative procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023

Received oath date for March 2, but was not able to attend as I was out of the country attending to a sick relative.

I am still out of the country and now trying to get date in advance of flying back to take the oath. It is proving very difficult, I have been asked to provide a boarding pass before a new oath date can be issued. This is not possible, as I am only flying back to take the oath and then leaving after due to an ill family member abroad. I cannot indefinitely fly back to Canada and wait on a date, due to my family commitment abroad.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I might be able to attain a date before arriving in Canada? I am desperate at this stage as I do not want to lose the opportunity of my citizenship because of an administrative procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023

Thanks in advance.
Hello. I had valid boarding pass, submitted those as I’m back in the country. Still waiting for my oath to be rescheduled after 3 months. Rescheduling oath ceremony is not a simple process, proving out to be very frustrating. Mississauga office

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Thanks in advance.
You can explain your situation via webform and check there response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure this is possible. I think IRCC requires you to have a boarding pass to show your return date in order to reschedule the oath. I don't think they will do it the other way around.

You can certainly try sending a webform.

BHDtoYVR

Apr 11, 2023
My tracker just went back to in progress I think and still showed the original date as "you have been scheduled to attend on XXX date."

Thanks, I received the original invite from the Mississauga office, but I have been yet unsuccessful receiving a response from them. So I tried the email in my original post.

Thanks re: tracker, just checked and no update, it doesn't even say that my ceremony was cancelled due to me not being available at the time.

susansd

Jul 9, 2023
Hi all. In the times of covid I may have to travel overseas to be there for my best friend's wedding. She recently lost her father so I am her man of honour and want to be supportive on her big day.

However I received my test notice saying I will be sitting it between August 6th and August 27th. The wedding is in the first week of October so I am concerned I will be in the UK when they invite me for the oath ceremony.

Does anyone have experience of a similar situation and how long things take if you do reschedule. Could they decide this reason is not valid enough and cancel my application?
Hi, could you please update what happened in your case? Were you outside canada when you got the oath invitation and how did you deal with it. I am waiting for my oath invitation, but unexpected family emergency has come and I had to travel outside canada. So just curious to know what happened in your case. Thanks in advance

GoCanada#

May 14, 2019
I was outside Canada when I got the invitation for Oath and because of family emergency had to request for reschedule it. The invitation was for in-person visit from Mississauga office. It was back in Jan 2023. Since then i have dropped multiple webform requesting next date but havent been able to heard back anything , apart from generic response.
Any body in the same situation? Appreciate response around this. Thank you!

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I was outside Canada when I got the invitation for Oath and because of family emergency had to request for reschedule it. The invitation was for in-person visit from Mississauga office. It was back in Jan 2023. Since then i have dropped multiple webform requesting next date but havent been able to heard back anything , apart from generic response.
Any body in the same situation? Appreciate response around this. Thank you!
Same situation, had received original invite for April 2023 but had to reschedule as I was out of the country. Returned to Canada in June and sent them boarding pass, countless emails and webforms I have sent in the past two months, nothing apart from their automated response! It's so so frustrating, if not a date, they can atleast give us a time frame so we don't have to put our lives on hold and not travel anywhere.

Esty

May 5, 2018
Same situation, had received original invite for April 2023 but had to reschedule as I was out of the country. Returned to Canada in June and sent them boarding pass, countless emails and webforms I have sent in the past two months, nothing apart from their automated response! It's so so frustrating, if not a date, they can atleast give us a time frame so we don't have to put our lives on hold and not travel anywhere.

I think it's a Mississauga problem. Other locations don't stay this long to get rescheduled. We have family application waiting for new date. I've called as usual, webforms, email but best I got was acknowledgment that boarding passes have been received and uploaded on accounts affected and forwarded to case officer but not a word after that. All I was told was to keep checking my email for the new date. If anyone knows what we can do, I'll appreciate if you can share the info. Thanks