+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling Oath Ceremony

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I think it's a Mississauga problem. Other locations don't stay this long to get rescheduled. We have family application waiting for new date. I've called as usual, webforms, email but best I got was acknowledgment that boarding passes have been received and uploaded on accounts affected and forwarded to case officer but not a word after that. All I was told was to keep checking my email for the new date. If anyone knows what we can do, I'll appreciate if you can share the info. Thanks
Yes it's indeed a Mississauga office issue! My husband's office was Scarborough and his was rescheduled within a month, he already has his Canadian passport while I'm still waiting for new date.

Esty

May 5, 2018
Yes it's indeed a Mississauga office issue! My husband's office was Scarborough and his was rescheduled within a month, he already has his Canadian passport while I'm still waiting for new date.
Now that's not funny. Scarborough, Niagara and Montreal used to be the slower offices but it's now Mississauga. If you get any update, kindly post or if you think there is something we can do, I will appreciate. I believe there are many of us affected by this extremely slow and annoying pace of rescheduling.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Now that's not funny. Scarborough, Niagara and Montreal used to be the slower offices but it's now Mississauga. If you get any update, kindly post or if you think there is something we can do, I will appreciate. I believe there are many of us affected by this extremely slow and annoying pace of rescheduling.
I don't have any idea what can we do. If someone can help suggest anything?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I don't have any idea what can we do. If someone can help suggest anything?
Every 2 weeks drop email to oath scheduling email address for your processing office, call IRCC and raise a webform request. If you at 18 month processing cycle timeline you can take MP office help too. This may sound stupid but only way to get there attention.

Esty

May 5, 2018
Every 2 weeks drop email to oath scheduling email address for your processing office, call IRCC and raise a webform request. If you at 18 month processing cycle timeline you can take MP office help too. This may sound stupid but only way to get there attention.

Ok...thanks

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
I think so too. My friend’s case was with Vancouver office and hers was rescheduled after 4 months. Mine is with Mississauga - rescheduled from 21st May and never heard back since.

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
Given that Sauga office is so slow, I was wondering if I could move my case to other offices e.g. Scarborough / Niagara. Sought advice from my local MP office and they said it's doable by raising a web form request but they don't recommend it - they said I'll be in the queue all over again. But I'm still debating because I feel like the Sauga queue is way too slow...

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
After months of waiting after reschedule request, I saw the tracker status for oath going back to not started. Is this a good sign. Did it happen for anyone and if yes, after how long the new date comes. My office is mississauga.

Reactions: violetelegance

Afro-1989

Mar 28, 2023
For all those waiting (Mississauga office), you should see reschedules soon now. Following is my timeline

14th April (Initial Oath) - requested to reschedule
15th May (Back in country - submitted boarding passes
19th Sept - Ceremony status “In Progress” to “Not started”
23rd Sept - Rescheduled for 4th October

Goodluck to everyone

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
After months of waiting after reschedule request, I saw the tracker status for oath going back to not started. Is this a good sign. Did it happen for anyone and if yes, after how long the new date comes. My office is mississauga.
Hi, did you get any further updates? I'm in the same situation as you.

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
Hi, did you get any further updates? I'm in the same situation as you.
No, still waiting for oath. what is your timeline. I had requested for reschedule in may and my AOR is april 2022.
Any one has any idea how long it takes for oath to go from NOT Started to an actual oath date?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
No, still waiting for oath. what is your timeline. I had requested for reschedule in may and my AOR is april 2022.
Any one has any idea how long it takes for oath to go from NOT Started to an actual oath date?
I requested reschedule in April as well, but only got back to Canada in June and sent them boarding passes. Have been emailing constantly since June and just last Friday my status went back to Not started.. so I am hoping we get the date soon. One other person on the forum got the new date about 4 days after their status changed so I am really hopeful for us..

Daisy.Brahpuria

Jan 12, 2017
I requested reschedule in April as well, but only got back to Canada in June and sent them boarding passes. Have been emailing constantly since June and just last Friday my status went back to Not started.. so I am hoping we get the date soon. One other person on the forum got the new date about 4 days after their status changed so I am really hopeful for us..
For my husband, he got the update on September 23 but his oath status did not go to not started