+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Online citizenship Test

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Hi Folks,

I have got an email to take Online Citizenship Tests. However, currently, I'm out of the country and back only by March to Canada. Even though tests can be taken Online, the below link says I have to physically present in Canada. Any advice on what should i do? Simply request for rescheduling stating I'm currently out of the country or try and take the test?

Any downside to requesting rescheduling besides timeline change?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html
Thanks in advance.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Folks,

I have got an email to take Online Citizenship Tests. However, currently, I'm out of the country and back only by March to Canada. Even though tests can be taken Online, the below link says I have to physically present in Canada. Any advice on what should i do? Simply request for rescheduling stating I'm currently out of the country or try and take the test?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html
Thanks in advance.
Yes you need to be inside Canada.
Downside: It will take 2-6+ months to get the invite again.

if you have email from particular office for the test then send email or else submit webform to delay/cancel the test.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"
If we invited you for an online test, you
  • have 21 daysfrom the date in the invitation to take the test
    • If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation.
    • Our officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.
"

Reactions: Das67

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks much @harirajmohan
Email attachment says i can send email to the following address for rescheduling. IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

So just state email that, currently I'm residing outside Canada, so please reschedule for 3 months, right?
Yes, looks like you can email them as they gave the email. Are you sure, you would be back in 3 months? if not tell 4-5 months just in case.

Think again before you request:
You can may not get the test invite after 3-6 months too.
Its possible that they can directly invite you for in-person test after summer.
No one knows how long it would take again to get an invite.

waiting3

Nov 18, 2015
Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance.
If I were you I would be very honest and straightforward about where I am. I wouldn't just try and take the test.

waiting3

Nov 18, 2015
Yes, looks like you can email them as they gave the email. Are you sure, you would be back in 3 months? if not tell 4-5 months just in case.

Think again before you request:
You can may not get the test invite after 3-6 months too.
Its possible that they can directly invite you for in-person test after summer.
No one knows how long it would take again to get an invite.
Don't say the word "residing" outside Canada. Just say you are outside Canada. "Residing" implies that you have moved out of Canada for good which is not illegal but might look a bit dubious. They don't like people becoming PRs and Canadians just to obtain citizenship rights and a Canadian passport then leave the country

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Don't say the word "residing" outside Canada. Just say you are outside Canada. "Residing" implies that you have moved out of Canada for good which is not illegal but might look a bit dubious. They don't like people becoming PRs and Canadians just to obtain citizenship rights and a Canadian passport then leave the country

Great. Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated. Will send them email stating i;m outside Canada. Thanks again.

Reactions: waiting3

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
@Gokulcanada I would like to know what happened with the request you made, did you get the test rescheduled? is there a new test invite already?
I recently got an invite and in a similar situation where i am outside the country and would like to hear your experience before i can requesting a reschedule

Reactions: Hypatia and adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@Gokulcanada I would like to know what happened with the request you made, did you get the test rescheduled? is there a new test invite already?
I recently got an invite and in a similar situation where i am outside the country and would like to hear your experience before i can requesting a reschedule

I may sound irrational!

Travel to Canada if you can and attempt test and fly back to your home country. I would even advice you to stay in Canada until you get Oath and fly out on Canadian passport. I don't know nature of your emergency but these are my thoughts.

Getting test invite is almost very remote possibility so dont take a chance with this.

Can you share your timelines? Thanks

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
@adey786 thanks for your inputs, yes i agree with you , i wanted to complete the test, oath and get a Canada passport before i travel back to home again. But i need to complete few things before i leave from India now, not an emergency but very important n may take 2 months. I wanted to know @Gokulcanada experience n decide based on it.
My timeline
Applied - 7 Oct 2019
In Process update - 20 Jan 2020
Online test invite - 28 Jan 2021
Test date from 1 Feb till 21 Feb 2021

Reactions: adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@adey786 thanks for your inputs, yes i agree with you , i wanted to complete the test, oath and get a Canada passport before i travel back to home again. But i need to complete few things before i leave from India now, not an emergency but very important n may take 2 months. I wanted to know @Gokulcanada experience n decide based on it.
My timeline
Applied - 7 Oct 2019
In Process update - 20 Jan 2020
Online test invite - 28 Jan 2021
Test date from 1 Feb till 21 Feb 2021
All the best !

If I were you, I would have booked a eruen ticket to Canada in next few days. Land , give test and fly back in. Of course in that case you will have to fiy back for Oath. Needless to say it will be an expensive one.

The only reason I am insisting for taking test is that in case of rescheduling request *IRCC may put file under the pile of thousands of applicants and God knows when your turn will come next. That could be 6 months, a year or may be 2 years*

Reactions: BOYX

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
@adey786 right now even canada is discouraging anyone returning to Canada and is trying to put into place a hotel quarantine policy as well. I am really confused and to be honest it would be better to take the test while outside not sure if someone tried that. Its a risky and confusing state for me.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@adey786 right now even canada is discouraging anyone returning to Canada and is trying to put into place a hotel quarantine policy as well. I am really confused and to be honest it would be better to take the test while outside not sure if someone tried that. Its a risky and confusing state for me.
You can give a test during quarantine at a hotel.

On taking test outside of Canada:

You cant take test outside of Canada! Before start of the test, IRCC takes explicit consent that the person is in Canada and one has to tick the box to be able to move to the next step.

And I am sure that any logins outside of Canada could be traced back to the origin (Ip tracing). And when IRCC finds out, your application may become null and void and so on and so forth. So you cant take a test outside of Canada.

Your best bet seems to be asking for a reschedule into future. Do that if you are certain that you can wait for many months for the invite.

rvche

Jul 19, 2016
@
You can give a test during quarantine at a hotel.

On taking test outside of Canada:

You cant take test outside of Canada! Before start of the test, IRCC takes explicit consent that the person is in Canada and one has to tick the box to be able to move to the next step.

And I am sure that any logins outside of Canada could be traced back to the origin (Ip tracing). And when IRCC finds out, your application may become null and void and so on and so forth. So you cant take a test outside of Canada.

Your best bet seems to be asking for a reschedule into future. Do that if you are certain that you can wait for many months for the invite.
Yes I just read the terms again taking the test outside Canada is out of question now. Do you know if anyone rescheduled the online test recently? Also they mention about extension i am not sure if they extend the date beyond the 21 days or it will be a new schedule all together.
I heard from transport canada that the new hotel quarentine rule is not yet in effect and all they say it will be implemented soon.

Any case i will make a decision by today so that if i decide to reschedule i can send them the email soon.

Reactions: adey786