+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport after COPR

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
Hi, Can you please let me know if you were able to travel. I am in the same position. We are looking to travel next week and my passport expiry is December 2020.

I would really appreciate if you could respond soon
yes we were able to travel with same passport, we didnot get it renewed and no issues happened at Delhi airport.
Infact I know someone else who was in same situation and travelled without renewing it..

infact one other person who got it renewed but faced issues at Delhi immigration because they have no time to get renewed passport number on copr. So immigration people ask them so many questions.

I hope it answers your question. Thanks

ashjith

Feb 29, 2020
yes we were able to travel with same passport, we didnot get it renewed and no issues happened at Delhi airport.
Infact I know someone else who was in same situation and travelled without renewing it..

infact one other person who got it renewed but faced issues at Delhi immigration because they have no time to get renewed passport number on copr. So immigration people ask them so many questions.

Thanks a ton!

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020

faced issues ?

So,did Delhi Immigration eventually allowed that person to travel?

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
Yes they did get through, with a bit of hassle... I guess it entirely depends upon person to person who is checking.. sometime no one bothers or other times they could give you a hell of a time. We didnot renew back and travelled without any issues. and then get it renewed here in Canada.

Reactions: IndiaDgreat

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Yes they did get through, with a bit of hassle... I guess it entirely depends upon person to person who is checking.. sometime no one bothers or other times they could give you a hell of a time. We didnot renew back and travelled without any issues. and then get it renewed here in Canada.
Nice!

Yes, This entirely depends upon person to person who is checking BUT Travelling with a renewed PP( Which has an old PP number mentioned at the back page),Valid COPR and Stamped Visa (On old PP) should not be an issue.

Reactions: Ac1dico

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hey everyone , I got my copr yesterday , I will submit my passport on Monday 15 April 2024for stamping , nd will get my passport in may , my passport will expire in nov 2024.. could you pls tell me I have to travel more than 6 month validity . Should I renew my passport , can I travel in June as on that time my passport will be valid for 5 months , what should I do now pls do reply