+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport after COPR

brij patel

Nov 5, 2019
don't worry. i did safe landing with old passport number andin copr .and visa in old p.p . no any problem.officer ask me no any questions regarding this. you pack your bags and take flight.no worry. all officer are well educated. they already know about this thing. they only check no any fake people enter in Canada. so plz dnt make in tension. all going well. dnt worry.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
don't worry. i did safe landing with old passport number andin copr .and visa in old p.p . no any problem.officer ask me no any questions regarding this. you pack your bags and take flight.no worry. all officer are well educated. they already know about this thing. they only check no any fake people enter in Canada. so plz dnt make in tension. all going well. dnt worry.
Did you arrive after the expiry date on stamped visa?

KunalN89

Jan 24, 2020
I contacted IRCC, CIC and High Commission of Canada in India.

These were the responses -

IRCC - "Hi. If you renew your passport, make sure to carry both your valid CoPR in your old passport and your new passport with you when you arrive in Canada. Hope this helps."

CIC - "Hi. Yes you can travel. A valid CoPR and PR visa inside an expired document are considered valid. Make sure you have both your old passport with the valid CoPR and PR visa and your new passport with you when travelling to Canada."

High Commission of Canada in India
- "Please be advised that if you decide to you renew your passport before your travel to Canada, please send your original (old an new) passports and original COPR with photograph to our office through VFS.
Also please pay document replacement fee CAD $30 online and send the receipt by EMAIL."

Whom should I listen to now?

Thank you!
Hey, how did you contact the Delhi High Commission, I have an email address from them. But I don't seem to get any response. VFS is not sure and has asked me to contact Delhi High Commission.

Any guidance you can share with me is much appreciated.

Jan 28, 2020
I traveled with 2 passports with COPR and visa in old passport. Did not face any issue.
Hi, I'm sailing in the same boat. Please suggest, should I get my passport renewed? I am planning to travel in June and my passport is expiring in September.
At port entry was there any issue faced?
Do I need to carry any extra document, other than my 2 passports and COPR docs?

Thanks in advance.
Ph. 9582798888

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hey, how did you contact the Delhi High Commission, I have an email address from them. But I don't seem to get any response. VFS is not sure and has asked me to contact Delhi High Commission.

Any guidance you can share with me is much appreciated.
I just used the phone number available on web. The call goes to an operator who can direct you to a department. I would suggest messaging them on Facebook. That's the quickest way to get a reply from the.

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, I'm sailing in the same boat. Please suggest, should I get my passport renewed? I am planning to travel in June and my passport is expiring in September.
At port entry was there any issue faced?
Do I need to carry any extra document, other than my 2 passports and COPR docs?

Thanks in advance.
Ph. 9582798888
You are not required to renew passport for Canada immigration. In my case, I had to renew my passport for work related reason. Your passport should be just valid at the time of travel. Even if you renew your passport before traveling, there will not be any issue.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
When you got in with the new passport, visa stamped in the old one, were you arriving after the expiry date on the issued visa?

We just got confirmation of stamping, our visas expire on june 16th 2020, I need to renew her passport before june 1st, but I am planning to land alone and then they get there on July. Do you think they will be allowed in after the visa expiry date on old passport?
I am sorry i was offline for a while, but actually she cant land if the visa expired, an expired passport is fine as she can travel with 2 passports one as a travel document and the other has the visa in it. However, the visa has to be valid

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I am sorry i was offline for a while, but actually she cant land if the visa expired, an expired passport is fine as she can travel with 2 passports one as a travel document and the other has the visa in it. However, the visa has to be valid
Thanks anyways. We did research and found that out, I just went with our eldest to renew her passport today. We are landing on june 13th.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Thanks anyways. We did research and found that out, I just went with our eldest to renew her passport today. We are landing on june 13th.
when will your visa expire

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
Hi guys, I have one query... I am going to travel on my passport with valid COPr (valid till august) by end of June and passport is getting expired in October beginning.. so means less than 6 months validity to passport expiry on the time of travel... any idea will this cause any issue ???

I was unable to renew it due to corona close down and now less time left...

any thoughts!! Thanks!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi guys, I have one query... I am going to travel on my passport with valid COPr (valid till august) by end of June and passport is getting expired in October beginning.. so means less than 6 months validity to passport expiry on the time of travel... any idea will this cause any issue ???

I was unable to renew it due to corona close down and now less time left...

any thoughts!! Thanks!
I don't think passport expiry is an issue if you are arriving as a PR, literally most if not all of the services that you will be doing here you will be doing using your COPR, PR card, drivers, licence health card etc. I didnt have to use my passport once since I arrived to Canada. So I think there is no need to worry even at immigration I dont think they care.
You can ask senior members though and wait for their insight

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
I don't think passport expiry is an issue if you are arriving as a PR, literally most if not all of the services that you will be doing here you will be doing using your COPR, PR card, drivers, licence health card etc. I didnt have to use my passport once since I arrived to Canada. So I think there is no need to worry even at immigration I dont think they care.
You can ask senior members though and wait for their insight
Thanks for your response. I will anyways get it renewed once i reach there.
My main concern is from Indian immigration side, or airlines side while boarding from from India, will they cause any issue for this?

In canada, i dont think so there would be any issue at all...

ashjith

Feb 29, 2020
Thanks for your response. I will anyways get it renewed once i reach there.
My main concern is from Indian immigration side, or airlines side while boarding from from India, will they cause any issue for this?

In canada, i dont think so there would be any issue at all...

Hi, Can you please let me know if you were able to travel. I am in the same position. We are looking to travel next week and my passport expiry is December 2020.

I would really appreciate if you could respond soon