+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewed passport after COPR

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I'm finally doing soft landing tomorrow

however, i have few queries:

1. Which documents should I carry with me apart from passport & CoPR?
2. Should I carry statement of last 6 months of bank account?
3. Should I carry PoF docs?
4. Should I carry new pics or pic on CoPR is enough for PR Card?
5. Do I have to make list of everything that I'm carrying or just precious things, if there's any ?
6. Do I have to declare amount that I'm carrying in CAD and if yes, how to do that?

Any other info will be really helpful..

I can tell you from my experience of soft landing at Toronto airport (travelling from USA)
1) I carried passports, COPR, Last bank statements, goods with me ( including clothing) and a goods to follow list (including clothing and some expensive home appliances, including car). You meet 3 different officers, officer 1 only asks for passport, officer 2 (immigration guy) asks for COPR and passport and an address, officer 3 (customs) asks for goods with you and goods to follow.

2) I wasnt required to show, but I have heard a lot of people from India carrying the same so if it is not a hassle, you should

3) your bank statements should be enough (depending on how many people you have) as long as you can prove that you have the funds for "x" number of people you should be fine.

4) No requirement for carrying any photos since they take a photo at passport control via the automatic kiosks

5) I would for as many things as I can just for a peace of mind

6) Unless you are carrying more than 10K CAD, you dont need to. If you , I think you need to mention on the form BSF 186

you can read my landing experience on this link - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-soft-landing-november-2019.662792/

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I have completed my soft landing and I agree with your points completely.
I can tell you from my experience of soft landing at Toronto airport (travelling from USA)
1) I carried passports, COPR, Last bank statements, goods with me ( including clothing) and a goods to follow list (including clothing and some expensive home appliances, including car). You meet 3 different officers, officer 1 only asks for passport, officer 2 (immigration guy) asks for COPR and passport and an address, officer 3 (customs) asks for goods with you and goods to follow.

2) I wasnt required to show, but I have heard a lot of people from India carrying the same so if it is not a hassle, you should

3) your bank statements should be enough (depending on how many people you have) as long as you can prove that you have the funds for "x" number of people you should be fine.

4) No requirement for carrying any photos since they take a photo at passport control via the automatic kiosks

5) I would for as many things as I can just for a peace of mind

6) Unless you are carrying more than 10K CAD, you dont need to. If you , I think you need to mention on the form BSF 186

you can read my landing experience on this link - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-soft-landing-november-2019.662792/

Reactions: yash91pathak

goldyrokz

Mar 16, 2019
I did the same thing just a month ago.
@vinay16 @PratikD

Hey, nice to hear guys that it all went smooth. I too have renewed my passport and have visa and copr in old passport. Just wanted a reply to some questions based on your landing experience:-
1. Do we need to raise a CSE to inform IRCC about our new passport details?
2.While completing primary immigration , which passport do we show to the officer- old one or new one??
3.Which passport is stamped with arrival mark??

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
1. Nope. No need to do anything
2. I showed them both.
3. Newer one.

@vinay16 @PratikD

Hey, nice to hear guys that it all went smooth. I too have renewed my passport and have visa and copr in old passport. Just wanted a reply to some questions based on your landing experience:-
1. Do we need to raise a CSE to inform IRCC about our new passport details?
2.While completing primary immigration , which passport do we show to the officer- old one or new one??
3.Which passport is stamped with arrival mark??

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I had both passports when i travelled but my Canada visa was already on the new passport so I am not sure if my case is similar to yours. But just from a general understanding process, as long as you have a valid visa (no matter which passport - old or new) you can definitely travel.

goldyrokz

Mar 16, 2019
@brij patel @vinay16
The COPR document already has old passport number as travelling document printed on it, so when you present it at the immigration counter, do they make note of the new passport number anywhere in the COPR ??

Was curious about this and since you guys have already made the landing, maybe you can reply based on your experience!!

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
@brij patel @vinay16
The COPR document already has old passport number as travelling document printed on it, so when you present it at the immigration counter, do they make note of the new passport number anywhere in the COPR ??

Was curious about this and since you guys have already made the landing, maybe you can reply based on your experience!!
It doesn't matter, the COPR also has your name and your DOB and country of residence as well as country of birth, passport number is just one more piece of info, just carry your old passport with you and hand in the new and the old one to the immigration officer and let them do their thing. The officers are very professional and helpful

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
It doesn't matter, the COPR also has your name and your DOB and country of residence as well as country of birth, passport number is just one more piece of info, just carry your old passport with you and hand in the new and the old one to the immigration officer and let them do their thing. The officers are very professional and helpful
When you got in with the new passport, visa stamped in the old one, were you arriving after the expiry date on the issued visa?

We just got confirmation of stamping, our visas expire on june 16th 2020, I need to renew her passport before june 1st, but I am planning to land alone and then they get there on July. Do you think they will be allowed in after the visa expiry date on old passport?