+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal Of PR under special consideration.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Lyon, Scylla. Msafiri...

Desperately need you help and guidance again. I am writing after a long time....

I had communicated with you guys last, in the month of May this year when we were planning to move later in the month of July and had received some valuable and helpful advises. My case if you remember - saving my PR after not meeting the required obligations of completing the required 730 days - reason being my orphaned nephew and later mothers health problems.

It seems like there is no end to the cropping complications and miseries, as I am still struggling to wind up and leave my home country with a genuine intention to settle down in Canada. I was unable to move in July as planned earlier due to finance required by selling one of my properties, that is finally getting done now. I will have my financial woes sorted out by this year end and will be in the position to leave around end Jan or early Feb 2015 - which will be just around 2 months short of our PR expiry that falls on 6th April 2015.

Of course as explained on my earlier discussions, I will be carrying documents as evidence to explain my case to the IO. I am trying to leave in the first week of Feb 2015 with my family BUT may have to leave alone myself earlier till the finance part is sorted out where my wife may have to stay back.

Kindly advise your thoughts on the above.

Leon, Scylla, Msafiri, and all who have advised me in the past - Desperately need your consultation and help once again to understand our chances.

Anxiously await your valuable inputs to guide us here...

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's really impossible for any of us to tell you what your chances are. You'll just have to come as well prepared as possible with the evidence you're bringing and hope for the best. Good luck.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Scylla, I understand. Thanks for your prompt reply.I have to prepared place my evidence and arguments and rely on a bit of luck..... :)

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There

I am writing on this forum after almost 3 years and need some urgent help....

To summarise our discussion - we (my wife, my daughter and myself) had received our PR's and made our first entry in Calgary on March 2010, but due to a couple of deaths of immediate family members back home before we moved, my wife and my daughter had to leave within a month and I left after staying for 6 1/2 months in Calgary this first time.

As per advises on the forum,we returned back and made a second entry at Toronto on 26 Feb 2015 before our PR's could expire on 7th April 2015. We stayed in Ontario ever since and have completed the obligatory 730 days as previously advised on this forum to have our PR cards renewed.

I was working for 14 months out of the past 24 months and have EI insurance reports and other solid proofs showing my presence. I have my daughters up to date records of her school. However my wife has been working since October 2016 and does not really have any solid valid documented proof except for her medical reports, tax papers for last year (2016) car lease and rented property lease documents.

Do you think my wife would be questioned for her presence???

I would like to have your opinion here. If yes, what would be the best way to present her case and what other set of documents could be considered as valid documents proving her physical presence?

Also could you please reconfirm if we can apply for our PR renewal now since we have completed 730 days of continuous stay, as I am not sure of any recent changes or amendments in the rule?

I am planning to forward our papers sometime next week and would like to know your expert advise on the above to ensure everything goes smooth and we are not denied of renewal.

A quick reply from someone would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Suavemec said:
However my wife has been working since October 2016 and does not really have any solid valid documented proof except for her medical reports, tax papers for last year (2016) car lease and rented property lease documents.

I would like to have your opinion here. If yes, what would be the best way to present her case and what other set of documents could be considered as valid documents proving her physical presence?

Also could you please reconfirm if we can apply for our PR renewal now since we have completed 730 days of continuous stay, as I am not sure of any recent changes or amendments in the rule?
She can also show her passport showing no stamps or indication of travel outside Canada for past 2 years. As well can order immigration entry/exit records which would show last date of entry was Feb 2015 and no activity since then.

Since all of you now have the 730 days required in last 5 years, you all meet the RO so are eligible to submit your PR card renewal apps. There is no telling if the apps will go to secondary review. I've heard the closer you are to minimum 730 days the more chance there is of further review and delayed processing, so perhaps if you wait a few more months in Canada before you submit you may have better odds at a normal processing time (though this is just my guess).

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you and much appreciate your quick response.

Is it really possible to order the "Immigration entry/exit records". If yes, where can one order these from?
I completely agree - the passport shows she hasn't travelled post 27 February 2015 until now and that is a valid point.

I also understand the reasoning behind the latter part of your message and even though we have completed the 730 days I do agree that applying after a month or so would be better...

In the mean time, I would appreciate if you can further advise on how I can order for the "Immigration Records"

Thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Suavemec said:
Thank you and much appreciate your quick response.

Is it really possible to order the "Immigration entry/exit records". If yes, where can one order these from?
I completely agree - the passport shows she hasn't travelled post 27 February 2015 until now and that is a valid point.

I also understand the reasoning behind the latter part of your message and even though we have completed the 730 days I do agree that applying after a month or so would be better...

In the mean time, I would appreciate if you can further advise on how I can order for the "Immigration Records"

Thanks!
See here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Wow canada

Jan 25, 2017
Hello there ?

Just curious and tell us your experience. During the second entry, did the immigration officer questioned you as your card was expiring with in a month time ?

Thanks

Suavemec said:
Hi There

I am writing on this forum after almost 3 years and need some urgent help....

To summarise our discussion - we (my wife, my daughter and myself) had received our PR's and made our first entry in Calgary on March 2010, but due to a couple of deaths of immediate family members back home before we moved, my wife and my daughter had to leave within a month and I left after staying for 6 1/2 months in Calgary this first time.

As per advises on the forum,we returned back and made a second entry at Toronto on 26 Feb 2015 before our PR's could expire on 7th April 2015. We stayed in Ontario ever since and have completed the obligatory 730 days as previously advised on this forum to have our PR cards renewed.

I was working for 14 months out of the past 24 months and have EI insurance reports and other solid proofs showing my presence. I have my daughters up to date records of her school. However my wife has been working since October 2016 and does not really have any solid valid documented proof except for her medical reports, tax papers for last year (2016) car lease and rented property lease documents.

I am planning to forward our papers sometime next week and would like to know your expert advise on the above to ensure everything goes smooth and we are not denied of renewal.

A quick reply from someone would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortunately we were allowed to enter with a warning that we had to meet the Residency Obligations before getting our PR cards renewed, and that we could not travel out of Canada unless our cards were renewed.

Wow canada

Jan 25, 2017
Suavemec said:
Fortunately we were allowed to enter with a warning that we had to meet the Residency Obligations before getting our PR cards renewed, and that we could not travel out of Canada unless our cards were renewed.
Did you use Toronto Pearson as entry which has automated machine clearance?

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rob_to

Thanks for the link. Was very helpful.

From what I understand, I dont have to order the "Immigration Records" for us. By giving our consents on section "E" on page 3 of the application, we can have CIC pull our records for their reference. That will clearly prove our presence in Canada completing more than 730 days.

Once again thanks for the guidance...

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Wow

Yes the POE was Pearson and we went through the automated scanning system. However your documents are rechecked by an officer at the exit point and they raise questions as well. In our case, we were asked a few questions to know when we had travelled out of Canada last, to which we responded honestly. Keeping in mind the PR expiry dates, we were warned asking us to fulfil the RO's.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi Rob_to

We received a response to our PR renewal application and following is an excerpt of the mail we received on which I am bit confused...Not very clear if the "Personal immigration entry/exit record" is same as the Travel History Report one gets from CBSA. Is it the same thing? Can you please confirm. I did receive the link from you above from where we can request it.

Also please advise if we can just forward the Personal entry/exit record (not the movement certificate) since says "OR" I guess we should be fine with just the entry/exit records, right ?

A quick response on the above would be highly appreciated....

Thanks in advance!

Quote"
For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 2012-04-07 TO 2017-04-07. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

q Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.

AND

q Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.

"UNQUOTE

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rob_to

We received a response to our PR renewal application and following is an excerpt of the mail we received on which I am bit confused...Not very clear if the "Personal immigration entry/exit record" is same as the Travel History Report one gets from CBSA. Is it the same thing? Can you please confirm. I did receive the link from you above from where we can request it.

Also please advise if we can just forward the Personal entry/exit record (not the movement certificate) since says "OR" I guess we should be fine with just the entry/exit records, right ?

A quick response on the above would be highly appreciated....

Thanks in advance!

Quote"
For the purposes of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with Section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 2012-04-07 TO 2017-04-07. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:

q Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible.

AND

q Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.

"UNQUOTE