+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal Of PR under special consideration.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Msafiri. I get the point on setting up an arrangement to be able to travel and use the days as well. I would'nt do that...But, will I be able to make business trips on behalf of my company, post PR expiry, if I have signed a contract with or am hired by a reckoned Canadian company? I guess I will not be able enter back without a valid PR card then. Isn't it?

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Leon

Thanks for being there. Yes, I will for sure buy an insurane before I leave.

I am sure I will not have any problems enrolling for a course with a University or an Institute with a valid PR status. My concern is - acceptance post PR card expiry. Will I be denied an admission then? If so, then I will have to enroll myself for a course in the year 2014 itself whilst I hold a valid PR status.

Thanks again!

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many thanks for helping me get my facts right.

I now have a clear picture on what to expect and can chalk out my plans on moving once again based on some valuable information from you. I now know that I can move back without the fear of returning back after the expiry of our PR cards, unless we are reported at the customs and our appeal is rejected. The only challenge will be finding a job that does not call for travelling out of Canada, with which we should be able to sail through the next 730 days before applying for the PR status and being able to travel...

I am proficient in French and just cleared the B2 level of DELF. Moving to Montreal, Quebec was one of the options on my mind as I have a better scope of finding a job in my profession in Montreal. I believe migrating to Quebec is a bit different in some ways from the other provinces. Will I be able to move to Quebec in case I find a job? Will that hinder my process or plan of completing my 730 days. I guess I can move, but I am not sure. Could you please tell me about it. Also, do my child have to know french to get enrolled in a school in Montreal, Quebec? How important it is to know French as I am the only one in my family who knows French.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can move to Quebec if you want to but your child will most likely have to go to a French school so you should start your child's French lessons now to prepare.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm.. Thanks! Don't think that would be possible. I guess we will have to settle down in Toronto.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not comprehend the logic of applying for PR if you will not abide by the rules that bind them. There are people who have the balls of concocting Web of lies just to avoid being tied up in this country try. They view it as a convenience rather than obligation. If you can't stay outing this land of ours why don't you go back to your homeland and finish your business there. If you can already commit to Canada then apply again and stay.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unitedbritishphilippines, he did not do anything illegal. He is in his rights to be absent for three years out of five and still keep his PR status.

Who are YOU :eek: to judge? :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
unitedbritishphilippines, he did not do anything illegal. He is in his rights to be absent for three years out of five and still keep his PR status.
Actually, he does not meet the 2/5 years residency obligation but he had family problems he had to deal with so it is not like he planned this all along.

unitedbritishphilippines said:
I do not comprehend the logic of applying for PR if you will not abide by the rules that bind them. There are people who have the balls of concocting Web of lies just to avoid being tied up in this country try. They view it as a convenience rather than obligation. If you can't stay outing this land of ours why don't you go back to your homeland and finish your business there. If you can already commit to Canada then apply again and stay.
And who are you to judge?

Nobody can tell the future and a new immigrant can come to Canada fully intending to stay and then have a family problem that forces them to return and take care of things.

Immigration does make exceptions for such situations and actually the protocol for his situation is exactly what he is doing, that is returning to Canada with his still valid PR card and asking for special consideration.

If his PR card would be expired, he would be applying for a travel document.

He can however not apply for a new PR at this point because he already is a PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
A! You are right. I forgot it is 2014 already :) and not 2013. :(
I think there are no chances fro him to pass POE.
I think he has a decent chance for an appeal based on his family situation.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unitedbritishphilippines said:
Helloooooo.... I guess you did not read my first post before jumping the gun and being judgmental.

Who would have the balls to put his or her family's future and life savings on line??? I would not want to quote the atrocious amount of funds I lost and discuss other losses and the trauma my family underwent during my first stay of 6 odd months before leaving back due to very sad and unfortunate circumstances, followed by a death of one my immediate family member who left an orphan behind....

There are people who exist, who would lie and make stories too as you say, but hey.. you have to watch out before posting your comment as such, as you are never sure of it. I have every right to apply for my case with genuine proofs and the whole idea of returning back to Canada itself proves that I am willing to commit, to make it my home country. So why would you in the first place post such a comment ???

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
I think there are no chances fro him to pass POE.
I did not quiet understand the meaning of "POE" Could you please advise me what does it stand for? At times there are abbreviations used that are difficult to understand. I'd like to know what is it for which I have no chance.... So far the discussion has been very encouraging and this is the first thing I have come across that sounds scary :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POE = Point of entry and I do think you have a good chance of passing when you explain your situation but if you get reported, you will just have to appeal.

Suavemec

Dec 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for clairifying Leon!

Even I feel we have good chances of clearing after reading of cases similar to mine, where people were allowed to enter after cross questioning with stern lectures in some cases. Reporting is rare unless we run out of luck. I will have to take this chance as I have valid documents to prove my case... :)

I am a bit nervous about my wife and daughter since they could stay only for a month or so on their first entry. But we will still be having 1 full year ahead of us before our PR expires in 2015.