+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renew WP as a protected person

Yellowbee

Oct 11, 2022
Hello all,

My WP is expiring in 1 month. I was accepted as a protected person after my hearing and submitted my PR file (still waiting for PR card). I’m applying for extension of WP and have few doubts.

1. What do I select in IMM5701e form when asked what am I applying for? Options are: Apply for WP with same employer, apply WP for first time, restore my status as worker or get a new temporary resident permit.

2. Can I use my passport details for national identity document?

3. The application has a $255 fee. Do I have to pay that in my case?

Lastly, I want to be sure if I am filling the right documents. After filling the questionnaire, I am only requested to fill IMM5701e form, digital photo, passport.

Please advise, thanks in advance!

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I read somewhere here in the forum that as a protected person you don't have to pay any fees for renewing your work permit.
For the other questions I don't know.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello all,

My WP is expiring in 1 month. I was accepted as a protected person after my hearing and submitted my PR file (still waiting for PR card). I’m applying for extension of WP and have few doubts.

1. What do I select in IMM5701e form when asked what am I applying for? Options are: Apply for WP with same employer, apply WP for first time, restore my status as worker or get a new temporary resident permit.

Lastly, I want to be sure if I am filling the right documents. After filling the questionnaire, I am only requested to fill IMM5701e form, digital photo, passport.

1. You can tick apply for WP with same employer. This is IMM5710e and not IMM 5701e
2. Yes you can
3. You are waived from paying fee for extending work permit under protected class.

inaya.i

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Hello all,

i applied for my WP after i got approved and i just received it in mail today.

- You DONT pay any fees
- Apply just like you are applying for a new wp but attach your old one in additional files with an explanation letter

They approved mine in 5 days and shipped in 30 days. Goodluck!