+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
13 th day AEDT 12.00 am is at 6.30 pm on 19th Sep in India. Therefore, I can see the result before 13 days in India ?
I think you will get your result on 20th. It depends on your test center when to upload your result on ieltsessential and Idpindia. Lately I am seeing results are being uploaded first on Idpindia.

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
I agree but also it is not about being merciful or strict. It is a language test not mathematics test so there are always chances of error. 0.5 to 1 band error is because of interpretation by different examiners might be different in some cases.
As we all know, therer are four criterias in speaking and writing tests. If we get 7 in 3 criteria and 6 in 1 our score would be 6.5. Because of this we can see 0.5 improvement in EOR as in some cases senior examiner might give 7 in all four criteria. So rather than believing in luck I would suggest everyone, take mock tests for both writing and speaking, and find your weak areas and improve it. I followed it and improved my writing score from 6.5 to 7.5 in just one month. I am still working on speaking. For mock tests there are plenty of sites like IELTS advantage, E2 language, ieltsonline, ieltspodcast. Hope this help.
Agreed, I just felt it was not justified to say that they are not up to the mark. Nevertheless I agree to everything that you have mentioned in your post.

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
As per my understanding I can say local examiners are very selfish and want people to write IELTS again and again for their interests on income for exam center. This is why every one is stuck in writing at 6.5 and when the EOR is applied and papers are sent to head offices for re-correction, significant number of people are getting 0.5 to 1 some time even 1.5 band increase. Just imagine out of all those who scored 6.5 in writing or speaking did not applied for EOR missed the chance of getting clb 9 even when they are eligible. This scares and hurts me at same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbsahni and Mel17

bsingh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
As per my understanding I can say local examiners are very selfish and want people to write IELTS again and again for their interests on income for exam center. This is why every one is stuck in writing at 6.5 and when the EOR is applied and papers are sent to head offices for re-correction, significant number of people are getting 0.5 to 1 some time even 1.5 band increase. Just imagine out of all those who scored 6.5 in writing or speaking did not applied for EOR missed the chance of getting clb 9 even when they are eligible. This scares and hurts me at same time.
Everything goes to Australia, who told you that exams are being marked by local examiners? It's like a black box, nobody know who mark these exams. Even your local IELTS office doesn't know about it. Let me know if I'm wrong. Even I'm stuck at 6.5 in writing!

Eqbal

Feb 28, 2019
LRWS- 9, 8.5, 7.5, 7
Applied for EOR for speaking and documents reached on 7th Sep.
By when can I expect an outcome?

Wbr90

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

Got my ielts resulta today. Its LRSW 8.5,7.5,7.5,6.5

Should i gofor reval? Are there any good chances of 0.5 increase??

Mihir98

Sep 12, 2019
I received my result IELTS(IDP) on 30th August and applied for EOR online through portal on 31st August for Speaking as I got 6.5.

Anybody knows how will I be informed by IDP about EOR result whether it is Positive or same??

Psar11

Sep 13, 2019
I received my result IELTS(IDP) on 30th August and applied for EOR online through portal on 31st August for Speaking as I got 6.5.

Anybody knows how will I be informed by IDP about EOR result whether it is Positive or same??
If It is Positive, you will get an email stating your score has changed and you need to send them the old TRF.
If it is Negative, I guess you will receive a letter stating scores will remain same

EtaG

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I sent a mail to Idp India customer care asking about my EOR status and below is their reply
Thank you for contacting IDP IELTS India.

This is to inform you that we have received your documents at our head office on Sep 04, 2019. Please be informed that EOR process takes up to 21 days from the date we have received the documents at our head office. Once we receive any confirmation, we will send the EOR outcome letter to your registered mailing address.

For any further assistance, you can also call us at 1800 102 4544 (Toll free) from Monday to Saturday between 09:00 am to 05:30 pm.

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
Everything goes to Australia, who told you that exams are being marked by local examiners? It's like a black box, nobody know who mark these exams. Even your local IELTS office doesn't know about it. Let me know if I'm wrong. Even I'm stuck at 6.5 in writing!
Well exams are marked by instructors who have years of experience in the field. Depending on which country you take the exam in & which institute conducts them, the exams are marked centrally. Marking the writing section is not as subjective as it is made out to be (though I agree it is very complicated). Even though getting a high band in writing is challenging, it is not that difficult. They have official marking criteria available officially which gives you all the parameters required for a 7, 8 or even 9 band score.