Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
Well exams are marked by instructors who have years of experience in the field. Depending on which country you take the exam in & which institute conducts them, the exams are marked centrally. Marking the writing section is not as subjective as it is made out to be (though I agree it is very complicated). Even though getting a high band in writing is challenging, it is not that difficult. They have official marking criteria available officially which gives you all the parameters required for a 7, 8 or even 9 band score.
For paper based exams, they scan the exam result sheet and send it to headquarter in Australia and from there, they distribute to their instructors. I was trying to say that exams are not marked locally. Let me know if we are trying to say same thing or if I'm wrong. I'm not blaming examiners for my 6.5 score in writing. Obviously, I need to improve my writing skills.

Last edited:

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia
For paper based exams, they scan the exam result sheet and send it to headquarter in Australia and from there, they distribute to their instructors. I was trying to say that exams are not marked locally. Let me know if we are trying to say same thing or if I'm wrong. I'm not blaming examiners for my 6.5 score in writing. Obviously, I need to improve my writing skills.
Although I have never worked at IDP or BC before, I highly doubt anything is sent outside the city in which you have taken your exam. In my experience the quality of the assessor hired by IDP India is average at best. This is why there is so much variations after revaluations of writing scores. I would suggest you take a BC conducted IELTS as it is more consistent with overall marking of IELTS.

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi all

I received the golden email but still dont know my writing score after eor

BC- computer based - LRWS 9 8.5 6 7.5
It took me exactly 14 days

————-
We are happy to inform you that a change was made to your writing score. Your deposit will be fully refunded within the next few business days. Your updated Test Report Form and EOR letter including further details will be issued once we receive your August 29th original TRF. Please make arrangements to turn in your original TRF at your earliest convenience. You can either:

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hi all

————-
We are happy to inform you that a change was made to your writing score. Your deposit will be fully refunded within the next few business days. Your updated Test Report Form and EOR letter including further details will be issued once we receive your August 29th original TRF. Please make arrangements to turn in your original TRF at your earliest convenience. You can either:
Congrats... Just let us know the final results when u recieve the TRF

gctpoy

Aug 24, 2019
Hi fro
Hi all

————-
From which centre did you take the exam from

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
okay guys, something strange has just happened.

I applied for EOR on 21st of August and got a message from BC that my scores have changed on 12th of September. Immediately I sent my old TRF as instructed by BC in the message. British council confirmed the receipt of my old TRF on 13th of September.

Now is the real fun, I called them today to check the status of my new TRF. I enquired about the same and after confirming all the candidate details I was put on an unusually long hold. After a while the agent returned and said that my scores were not updated, however my old TRF has been received by them on 13th of Sept. And also my case has been escalated and it will take 2 to 3 working days to get sorted out.

She has now asked me to wait till tomorrow for further update. This is crazy British Council!!

Anybody here with this kind of an experience?

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019

I applied for EOR on 21st of August and got a message from BC that my scores have changed on 12th of September. Immediately I sent my old TRF as instructed by BC in the message. British council confirmed the receipt of my old TRF on 13th of September.

Now is the real fun, I called them today to check the status of my new TRF. I enquired about the same and after confirming all the candidate details I was put on an unusually long hold. After a while the agent returned and said that my scores were not updated, however my old TRF has been received by them on 13th of Sept. And also my case has been escalated and it will take 2 to 3 working days to get sorted out.

She has now asked me to wait till tomorrow for further update. This is crazy British Council!!

Seriously :/ I don't think these guys seriously understand the importance and effect of this exam on our lives. :/ I hope that your score get changed .

Reactions: gktshiva

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019

Would you please share your score and exam centre details?

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
congrats :) Hopefully in sha allah i receive the same positive outcome too! Its been 13 days.
Writing changed to 6.5 - I can say it was the best writing that I have ever written, the last time it was paper-based and my handwriting was really bad, but I got 6.5 as well.... thats why this time I took Computer-Based

Reactions: mdshoaib