+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hello guys,

Can we expect EOR results to be uploaded online to https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org, or we have to wait till our TRF is delivered.
I observed people's experience with communication of EOR results is inconsistent as to some, it is sent via message, mail for some and online updating for few and TRF for many.
Also, how quick are people getting EOR results if they had their exam at Toronto?

Kind regards,
Aitha.

bsingh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
EOR SUCCESS STORY
So,it took me 4 times to do this and i want to share my experience.
1 attempt 12.2018 LRWS 7 8 6 6.5
2 attempt 03.2019 LRWS 8 7 6 6.5
3 attempt 03.2019 LRWS 7 7 6 6.5
4 ATTEMPT 08.2019 computer based for the 1st time, previously it was paper work
LRWS 8 7 6 7.
So, I've finally got 7 for speaking. But what surprised me even more, is that they gave me 6 for writing. I honestly believed that I performed way better than previously. I'm from Ukraine,and we only have 2 options here to pass an ielts. It should be either BC or IDP. this time it was local Idp center in Kiev.
So, I realised that it can be done on purpose. Wait,they might have their own financial intentions to decrease a score of some students as they can see that someone is going to immigrate and needs clb9. Moreover,i had a gut feeling that some parts of exam may be evaluated in Kiev, but not in Australia as it's supposed to be.
So, I've decided to do EOR.
EOR sent to KIEV 09.09.2019
Got an answer from them on 11.09.2019 that my EOR was completed.
BUT. I did my research and I've found IDP website and I've written to them asking about my EOR.
Basically,I couldn't trust our local test center in Kiev so i decided to write to Australia and track my eor results.I was surprised as they answered to all my questions regarding my eor.
On 11.09.2019 i received a letter from IDP AUSTRALIA saing they confirmed receiving my EOR.And it was completed and sent back to Kiev. At this point I didn't know what are the results as they can't reveal this information.
I wrote to Kiev then asking about my result.
Kiev answered: check your results online.
Finally, i see on my computer 8 7 7 7!!!!!
Guys, if you really believe in yourself and in your writing part, go for it!!! Prove your point!
They raised my mark from 6 to 7 , basically confirming that they can be wrong.
Aslo, i really recommend you to write directly to idp Australia.Cause in my particular case it seems that local test center might be interested in decreasing scores.
I wish everyone to be stronger and to pass Ielts despite any obstacles!
Can you share their email contact?

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Hello guys,

Can we expect EOR results to be uploaded online to https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org, or we have to wait till our TRF is delivered.
I observed people's experience with communication of EOR results is inconsistent as to some, it is sent via message, mail for some and online updating for few and TRF for many.
Also, how quick are people getting EOR results if they had their exam at Toronto?

Kind regards,
Aitha.
For BC, you will get to know the change by SMS only, but they will not disclose the new score. You will be able to see it on new TRF only.

PetriLR

Sep 17, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone had success with a remark from South-Africa?

My husband's marks for his second attempt are as follow:
L R W S : 9 /8 /6.5 /8

However, from the people we have spoken to, no remark success has been noted.

Thanks

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
Congratulations
Same thing happened with me
I believe Indian test checkers are not upto Mark
Eor paper are sent to aus/uk.
In writing one can definintely take chance
How could one say that the Indian examiners are not up to mark.
Every examiner is appointed only after they meet they necessary requirements. Just by getting your scores updated doesn't mean so. It could be that the senior examiners are a merciful than the local examiners.

Reactions: Tonyy

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
How could one say that the Indian examiners are not up to mark.
Every examiner is appointed only after they meet they necessary requirements. Just by getting your scores updated doesn't mean so. It could be that the senior examiners are a merciful than the local examiners.
I agree but also it is not about being merciful or strict. It is a language test not mathematics test so there are always chances of error. 0.5 to 1 band error is because of interpretation by different examiners might be different in some cases.
As we all know, therer are four criterias in speaking and writing tests. If we get 7 in 3 criteria and 6 in 1 our score would be 6.5. Because of this we can see 0.5 improvement in EOR as in some cases senior examiner might give 7 in all four criteria. So rather than believing in luck I would suggest everyone, take mock tests for both writing and speaking, and find your weak areas and improve it. I followed it and improved my writing score from 6.5 to 7.5 in just one month. I am still working on speaking. For mock tests there are plenty of sites like IELTS advantage, E2 language, ieltsonline, ieltspodcast. Hope this help.

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone had success with a remark from South-Africa?

My husband's marks for his second attempt are as follow:
L R W S : 9 /8 /6.5 /8

However, from the people we have spoken to, no remark success has been noted.

Thanks
If you have time and money. You can try EOR, but you should not rely solely on it.