Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi All,

Got my wife result post re-valuation, this was the 10th time she had appeared for the exam. Below are the details:-

Exam Date :- 02nd December, 2017
Centre:- Ahmedabad
Revaluation Submitted:- 02nd January,2018
EOR Received:- 21st March,2018
British Council India

Scores:-

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.0
Speaking 7.0
Writing 6.5

EOR given for writing, but received it with no change. Every single time she has received 0.5 less either in writing or speaking. Just dont understand what are these guys up to. I dont earn so good that I can afford such expensive exam. Its very difficult and hard to believe that these guys are just making money.

Its super hurting and upsetting. :-(
Sorry to hear of your experience @aj0101 :( I can imagine it must be frustrating to have the overall band pulled down just for want of a measly 0.5 in one section. Keep the faith though - if your wife has been getting 7 in one turn or another for Writing or Speaking in alternate exams, she has the caliber to get the desired score in the IELTS. It is now just a question of luck and continued practice in all sections so she is ready to face another exam! :)

Ilya Sav

Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys,

Just for the record:

Exam Date: 03.03.18
Centre: Students International, Moscow, Russia
Scores: L8.5; R8.5; W6; S7.5
Revaluation Submitted: 17.03.18
EOR Received: 22.03.18
Writing score revised to 6.5

To be honest, I truly believed my writing deserved 7 at least, and don't remember any mistakes have been made.

It seems like I gotta take another try in April, but have no idea how to improve my writing. Any suggestions?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi guys,

Just for the record:

Exam Date: 03.03.18
Centre: Students International, Moscow, Russia
Scores: L8.5; R8.5; W6; S7.5
Revaluation Submitted: 17.03.18
EOR Received: 22.03.18
Writing score revised to 6.5

To be honest, I truly believed my writing deserved 7 at least, and don't remember any mistakes have been made.

It seems like I gotta take another try in April, but have no idea how to improve my writing. Any suggestions?
Hi @Ilya Sav , Happy to hear of your success in the re-mark exercise, and sorry to learn that you will be required to re-sit the exam for want of only 0.5 in your Writing turn :(

A fellow forum member advised I read a set of books to improve my Writing, and I found them really useful to understand how to approach Task 1 and Task 2 in the Writing section. They can be downloaded from https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqU8WIDMsNFUaxFa4D62FROPse0. The Task 2 book especially has a wealth of writing topics, model essays and suggestions on how your Writing can become more academic, how you can express your opinions in a more neutral manner, and how you can impress the examiner to score a higher band.

Best of luck! Keep practising and I'm sure you'll ace your next attempt :)

Reactions: Ilya Sav

Ilya Sav

Mar 22, 2018
Hi @Ilya Sav , Happy to hear of your success in the re-mark exercise, and sorry to learn that you will be required to re-sit the exam for want of only 0.5 in your Writing turn :(

A fellow forum member advised I read a set of books to improve my Writing, and I found them really useful to understand how to approach Task 1 and Task 2 in the Writing section. They can be downloaded from https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqU8WIDMsNFUaxFa4D62FROPse0. The Task 2 book especially has a wealth of writing topics, model essays and suggestions on how your Writing can become more academic, how you can express your opinions in a more neutral manner, and how you can impress the examiner to score a higher band.

Oh, it's so nice of you. Thanks for support and suggestion. I'll check out you link for sure!:)
It's been my second attempt where I get 6.5 on writing section.

By the way isn't it a bit suspicious to receive a revaluation in just 5 days while some others on this forum have been waiting for months? While living in Russia I gotta be ready to expect everything:)

So far I just got an email from the local centre confirming that EOR processed, and a link to the local site where I checked new scores.
Apart from a new certificate, are there any other confirming documents the local IELTS centre must provide?

Last edited:

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Oh, it's so nice of you. Thanks for support and suggestion. I'll check out you link for sure!:)
It's been my second attempt where I get 6.5 on writing section.

By the way isn't it a bit suspicious to receive a revaluation in just 5 days while some others on this forum have been waiting for months? While living in Russia I gotta be ready to expect everything:)

So far I just got an email from the local centre confirming that EOR processed, and a link to the local site where I checked new scores.
Apart from a new certificate, are there any other confirming documents the local IELTS centre must provide?
Happy to help! And I hope the reading material enables you to score the desired band :)

I received a letter from BC London for my EoR (as an attachment in the mail by the local centre) and a revised TRF certificate to support it.

I was not provided a link to check the scores. However, that was not an issue as the EoR letter, signed by BC London, confirmed the upward revision from 6.5 to 7.

That was it. And my EoR was processed in 3 weeks, which also seemed quite an exceptional turnaround by BC standards ;)

Reactions: Ilya Sav

surjitsk

Feb 12, 2018
Exam Partner-BC
Country-India
Exam date- 02.12.2017
Score- L/R/W/S- 9/7.5/6.5/7.5
Revaluation Submission Date-08.01.2018
Section-Writing
Result-Expected by 19.03.2018
I got my revaluation results today. There has not been a change in my Writing band.
There was not any notification from BC. i just got a msg from Blue Dart out of the blue saying "Delivery of your British Council shipment will be attempted by Blue Dart today" and after 2 hours i got my TRF.

have_faith_2017

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
I got my revaluation results today. There has not been a change in my Writing band.
There was not any notification from BC. i just got a msg from Blue Dart out of the blue saying "Delivery of your British Council shipment will be attempted by Blue Dart today" and after 2 hours i got my TRF.
Mine is much worst case. Yesterday I received the EOR. The cover letter stated my details but inside it was someone else's TRF. After calling up customer care and banging head for hrs with them, today early morning i received my results that too without any changes in the scores.
The results were disappointing. No change in the speaking score. Really wonder if they actually did the EOR or returned back the results as is. British Council is just being into fetching hard earned money from the candidates and just playing with their future.

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Mine is much worst case. Yesterday I received the EOR. The cover letter stated my details but inside it was someone else's TRF. After calling up customer care and banging head for hrs with them, today early morning i received my results that too without any changes in the scores.
The results were disappointing. No change in the speaking score. Really wonder if they actually did the EOR or returned back the results as is. British Council is just being into fetching hard earned money from the candidates and just playing with their future.
Kindly share scores of all the modules

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 8
Writing - 7
Speaking - 6.5

Every time it is a matter of .5
I have already appeared like 9 times and my husband 6 times.
I have the exact same score and have applied for reval 3 days back. It was my 4th attempt and everytime i have .5 less in one or the other module.

Reappearing on 7th april for my 5th attempt Plus 2 revals

sowmyasudan

Jan 8, 2018
Hi @sowmyasudan, I applied for my EoR through the BC Mauritius centre on the same date as you did, except that I took the IELTS on the 10th of February. As such, I can only tell you that the BC revaluation process varies in length from 3 weeks (as in my case) to even upwards of 16 weeks (based on experiences I have gleaned off this thread). Mine was a positive experience and I received the 0.5 increase I was hopeful for, just like you are for your Writing score. I’d recommend you keep the faith, as a 0.5 increase in score is eminently possible, but apply for a re-test in parallel, to avoid wasting time in the eventuality that things do not go your way in the EoR. All the best and do share the outcome of the re-mark :)
@Nishika22 : Thanks for sharing your positive experience. I will register for another IELTS test for the month of April as I see mixed reviews about the revaluation. I will update once I have an update on my EOR. Hoping for the best :)

alialkenani

Jan 21, 2018
hello everyone

I did exam on 10th FEB and I got my results L6.5 ,R 7.0 W.5.5 S 6 ,
I was disappointed about my writing score , so I applied for EOR on 18/03/2018 and within one week I received my results and it has been change increased the Writing by 0.5

so happy about my results

thanks everyone

Reactions: haryokanmey

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
hello everyone

I did exam on 10th FEB and I got my results L6.5 ,R 7.0 W.5.5 S 6 ,
I was disappointed about my writing score , so I applied for EOR on 18/03/2018 and within one week I received my results and it has been change increased the Writing by 0.5

so happy about my results

thanks everyone
Was it idp or bc and which location