Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hello everyone!

I frequently visited this page so that I could talk with people who are going through the same situation I was in. It felt good to see everyone encouraging each other, so I hope my experience can somehow inspire others as well.

Exam Partner-IDP
Country- Philippines
Revaluation: Submitted January 24, 2018
Original Scores: L-9.. R-8.. S-7.. W-6.5
EOR received: March 16, 2018
Waiting time: 7 weeks
***Appealed for writing which increased from 6.5 to 7

If you're pretty confident that you deserved a better score, then I encourage you to appeal for a remarking. Waiting for 7 weeks was indeed agonizing, however, it was all worth it. Whenever I would start to doubt myself, I just pray and give it all to the Lord. :)

Godbless everyone!
Happy to hear of your positive experience @tyranx_02 ! I was similarly inspired by others’ stories shared on this thread, and my attempt too was similarly rewarded (W 6.5 to 7 within 3 weeks of applying for a re-mark through the BC Mauritius centre).

This thread has been a blessing indeed and I wouldn’t have had the courage to go through the nail-biting wait without others’ tips, advice and encouragement to keep my eye on the prize. Thanks for sharing! :)

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Hi @ankit.burman, I’d recommend you go in for reval for Writing and Speaking, so you can get your refund even if one of the scores changes. There is no downside because scores cannot be reduced in an EoR. Best of luck!

Just keep in mind that BC can take upto 12 weeks (despite the site stating 6-8 weeks) and IDP can take upto 6 weeks (in spite of a claim of 2-4 weeks).

In case you are in a hurry to improve your scores, you can, in parallel, apply to re-sit for the IELTS. I did both, applied for reval and to sit for another test. Got my upward score through reval in 3 weeks (W:6.5 to 7 through BC, Mauritius centre) so cancelled the retest with 5 weeks to spare, and only had to pay 25% of the IELTS exam fees as the admin charges. If it had been less than 5 weeks though, I was told the exam fees refund would only be provided upon submission of a medical certificate, else one stands to lose the full amount.
@Nishika22 thanks for your response . this was my 4th attempt and goodness gracious i have managed or idp has managed to stop me in diff module each of the time

i have given for reval yest and would resit on 7th April again..

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Name -Mathew
Exam Partner-British council
Country-India
Revaluation Submission Date- Not submitted
Subject- Writing
TRF received date- 19/03/18

My score is
Overall = 6.5

Listening = 7
Speaking = 6.5
Reading = 6.5
Writing = 5.5

I wish to improve my writing score to more than or =6 Is there any possibility of remarking success in my case. I can't even imagine about score reduction it will affect my current academic procedures.

Looking forward to your suggestion.
Hi @Mathew123321, I’d recommend you go in for a re-mark, as there is no possibility of a reduction in score. They will either increase your score (upto one band is quite possible) or declare a ‘no change’ (if things don’t go your way).

I’d also suggest you apply for an EoR for both Writing and Speaking, so your refund comes through even if there is a change in only one section. Just keep in mind the possibility that the time taken will be upto 12 weeks, or even more in some cases, considering the experiences of others applying for a re-mark through BC India. If you need an urgent increase in scores, applying to re-take the test in parallel, might be a sound strategy.

Best of luck :) Do keep us updated on the results of the re-mark!

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Gourav from which place did u apply for EOR ?I too submitted on 12 th jan 2018 for the 16th dec rest from trichy india.

They told me to wait til April and 1st week.
Strange!! I called BC customer care to inquire about my outcome EOR today and they mentioned that somehow my name is written wrong in the EOR request from their end. After 15 mins of wait on call, they mentioned that your result is out and you will get the courier tracking number by EOD today. How come if name is written wrong they got it evaluated and result is ready? It seems something wrong is going with BC as now I would also think they hardly send any paper to UK or Australia for remarking. BC customer care is not telling me the outcome of EOR and keep telling me, just wait of TRF , you will get your results. I am feeling very nervous now.

Exam Date - Dec 16 2017
EOR - 08 Jan 2018
Score - LRSW - 8.5 ,8 , 7 , 6.5

Reactions: Ese2014

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Hello.. Even I applied for EOR for 16 December test from BC, Noida.
It started on 9th Jan.
Last week I received the msg regarding delay in results and the next update will be on 23rd March 2018. I am quite nervous.
Call customer care. Your result may be out and you would be getting TRF in next couple of days. I am also waiting for it.

tyranx_02

Mar 5, 2018
Happy to hear of your positive experience @tyranx_02 ! I was similarly inspired by others’ stories shared on this thread, and my attempt too was similarly rewarded (W 6.5 to 7 within 3 weeks of applying for a re-mark through the BC Mauritius centre).

This thread has been a blessing indeed and I wouldn’t have had the courage to go through the nail-biting wait without others’ tips, advice and encouragement to keep my eye on the prize. Thanks for sharing! :)

Same for me as well! Happy for your success in the EOR. :)

Reactions: Nishika22

whosharma

Hi,
So I got my IELTS Remarking result today.
Score update
L 8.5
R 8.0
S 8.0
W 6.0 -> 6.5

For me It took less than 20 Days for getting remarking result.

Exam Date 10th Feb'18 (IDP, Bangkok,Thailand)
Result Date 23rd Feb'18
Remark request date 27th Feb'18
Remark result date: 20th Mar'18

Obviously, I am not satisfied with the result but happy that at least I will get my refund.
The above was my first attempt.

Lets hope for the best in next attempt :)

Gourav Sareen

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Hello.. Even I applied for EOR for 16 December test from BC, Noida.
It started on 9th Jan.
Last week I received the msg regarding delay in results and the next update will be on 23rd March 2018. I am quite nervous.
I just called customer care and they told me that they will dispatch Jan EOR by 26th March .

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Thanks and all the best. The bc people today told me it will be after April 13th. There is no fixed date.
Gourav from which place did u apply for EOR ?I too submitted on 12 th jan 2018 for the 16th dec rest from trichy india.

They told me to wait til April and 1st week.

chik14

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,
So I got my IELTS Remarking result today.
Score update
L 8.5
R 8.0
S 8.0
W 6.0 -> 6.5

For me It took less than 20 Days for getting remarking result.

Exam Date 10th Feb'18 (IDP, Bangkok,Thailand)
Result Date 23rd Feb'18
Remark request date 27th Feb'18
Remark result date: 20th Mar'18

Obviously, I am not satisfied with the result but happy that at least I will get my refund.
The above was my first attempt.

Lets hope for the best in next attempt :)
Hello,
Please while waiting for the result for the EOR were u able to view your result online i.e was your old result still showing online when you checked during the whole wait for the EOR update

sowmyasudan

Jan 8, 2018
Hi All,

I am from Bangalore and had taken up an IELTS test from British Council.
Test dates and scores are mentioned below:
Test date: 01-Feb-18
Result : 13-Feb-18
Scores: L-8.5, R-7, W-6.5, S- 7
Applied EOR: 24th Feb
Result: Awaiting
Kindly help me know how long will BC take to complete the EOR and will there be an increase in the score, I am expecting an increase of 0.5 in writing so that I get a good enough score to apply for EOI.

aj0101

Oct 21, 2017
Hi All,

Got my wife result post re-valuation, this was the 10th time she had appeared for the exam. Below are the details:-

Exam Date :- 02nd December, 2017
Centre:- Ahmedabad
Revaluation Submitted:- 02nd January,2018
EOR Received:- 21st March,2018
British Council India

Scores:-

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.0
Speaking 7.0
Writing 6.5

EOR given for writing, but received it with no change. Every single time she has received 0.5 less either in writing or speaking. Just dont understand what are these guys up to. I dont earn so good that I can afford such expensive exam. Its very difficult and hard to believe that these guys are just making money.

Its super hurting and upsetting. :-(

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi All,

I am from Bangalore and had taken up an IELTS test from British Council.
Test dates and scores are mentioned below:
Test date: 01-Feb-18
Result : 13-Feb-18
Scores: L-8.5, R-7, W-6.5, S- 7
Applied EOR: 24th Feb
Result: Awaiting
Kindly help me know how long will BC take to complete the EOR and will there be an increase in the score, I am expecting an increase of 0.5 in writing so that I get a good enough score to apply for EOI.
Hi @sowmyasudan, I applied for my EoR through the BC Mauritius centre on the same date as you did, except that I took the IELTS on the 10th of February. As such, I can only tell you that the BC revaluation process varies in length from 3 weeks (as in my case) to even upwards of 16 weeks (based on experiences I have gleaned off this thread). Mine was a positive experience and I received the 0.5 increase I was hopeful for, just like you are for your Writing score. I’d recommend you keep the faith, as a 0.5 increase in score is eminently possible, but apply for a re-test in parallel, to avoid wasting time in the eventuality that things do not go your way in the EoR. All the best and do share the outcome of the re-mark :)

Reactions: sowmyasudan