Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
can you pls guide how we can reach out to our centre Noida, in this case
I'd also suggest you call up both Noida and Gurgaon centres to pinpoint where the exams team sits, and then undertake the exercise of a visit to any one of these. It might be worth the extra research, so you do not end up wasting your time commuting to and from any one of these centres. Best of luck!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hey Guys,

I attempted IELTS academic on 24th Feb (Chennai).

Below are my scores:

Listening- 6.5
Reading- 7
Writing- 5.5
Speaking- 6.5

Overall- 6.5

I'm planning to apply for a re-mark in writing competency. However I'm sure that I had done well in writing when compared to other competencies.

Someone please guide me, if i would get 0.5 in writing after a re-mark. I need overall 6.5 with no band less than 6 & currently I'm awaiting offer from few colleges in Canada.

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi @Sweety_9 ,

I would suggest you apply for a re-mark in writing and speaking to increase your chance of a refund in case of an increase in any section. For writing, I recently received a 0.5 increase in my band, because I was completely sure of my essay in Task 2, which carries 2/3rd of the weightage for the competency.

I can completely empathise with you, and would recommend you apply for an EoR rightaway, given that the process typically takes time. Do keep following up with the exams team, and asking for timelines, so that you are sure they are doing their best to increase your likelihood of a speedy response.

Best of luck :)

vipulsharma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi @vipulsharma , good to hear from you. In my case, Mauritius being such a small island, it was easy for me to visit the BC centre and meet the entire team - from the customer service desk to the exams team - under the same roof.
In your case, considering NCR is such a huge region in itself, you would need to go to the centre where the exams team sits. As @Gourav Sareen suggests, if it is Gurgaon, it would be best to go to the centre there and ask the exams team for an update on the status of your EoR. If you are not located too far away, going there on a Saturday would be advisable (my Centre here is open full day Saturday and closed on Sundays, so I assume it would be the same at your end). Once the exams team can put a face to the name, they are more likely to help and at least keep you in the loop of their follow-up with the BC London Centre.
If all else fails, do take the contact details of the Complaint Manager and escalate if you feel the team is not attending to your request seriously.
Hope it helps :)
Thanks for suggestion.
Shall start acting upon it, and keep updating status here.
All the best to you for further process :)

s.sh87

Jan 16, 2018
Today received my EOR result after a wait of 3.5 months. Scores remains unchanged on my second attempt. Below are the timelines:

Exam date: 12 Nov'17
EOR date : 10 Dec'17

IELTS Score RLSW : 8 8 7 6.5

Good luck to those who are awaiting out there.

mangobajito

Jan 23, 2018
What’s the timeframe for EOR result in Usa?
What’s the process of doing that?

Do we need to go to test center after receiving TRF form? Or can we do it online?

And my suggestion.
It would have been better if thread starter provided a format like

Result:
Place:
Applied date:
Result date:
Final result:

After receiving updated result we can edit our post..
Instead of going through entire thread, we would have got replies in single post.

Thanks

Lhee

Jul 4, 2017
Hi, is it advisable to re-mark for the ff score:

L 9, R 9, W 7, S 7.5

I need 8888 for all modules.

Thanks.

vipulsharma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi, is it advisable to re-mark for the ff score:

L 9, R 9, W 7, S 7.5

I need 8888 for all modules.

Thanks.
Both your subjective sections are stuck, so you may take your chances if you are very confident that your attempt deserved better scores.
Its not very common to get 1 band increase in a section, which u need in W. But, if you ARE confident, go for it.
Also remember, its a time taking process. IDP - 3 to 6 weeks, BC - 4 to 15 weeks (I've seen both cases on this thread)
All the best :)

haryokanmey

Sep 23, 2017
Please someone should confirm this is true for IDP...

The Enquiry on Results will be processed within two to four weeks. You will receive a letter via email confirming your final score from your test centre after this time.

I submitted EOR yesterday for increase in score for my writing.

L8.5R8.0W6.5S7.0

God please help. Amen!

Queen Tosin

Oct 24, 2017
So i submitted my EOR on 26-Feb-2018 and today I receive their response with change in Speaking from 7 to 7.5 but unfortunately writing remains the same at 6.5. My CRS is 429 now. Dont know what to do. Turning 31 in may so i will lose 5 more points :(.
Sorry about your writing score. Please was it IDP or BC? Am asking because of the swift response.

SainDec

Mar 10, 2018
Dear Friends,

I have received my EOR
(BC) after a waiting period of 13 weeks and fortunately it's a positive outcome.

Exam Date - 14th Oct
Result - L/R/W/S 8/8/7/6.5
EOR Applied - 15th Dec
Result Received - 17th March
Final Result - L/R/W/S 8/8/7/7

Most unbelievable thing is that this was my First attempt and with God's mercy it ended positively.
May God bless all my friends here and help them achieve their desired result.

Reactions: Naviiii

skumars77

Mar 17, 2018
Hi all,

Exam Date - 03 Mar 2018
Result - L/R/W/S 7.5/ 9/ 7/ 7.5
Result Received - 16th March

Im hoping for an increase of 0.5 in listening, which many here say might be very unlikely. I knew the listening section being the first on the day didnt go perfectly for me, but i still doubt if i would have made 6 mistakes. So im planning to apply for EoR on L/W/S. What is you guys take on this? And do anyone out here have an idea or experience on remarking times in Germany?

Thanks
Kumar

Last edited:

akinjones

Mar 17, 2018
Good to hear testimonies from people in the forum on their remarking success.

Has anyone applied for remarking in writing from Nigeria? Would like to know how long it takes to get the EOR results even though i was told to expect it in 10 weeks. I wrote IELTS on the 10th of February, 2018 and applied for remark on the 6th of march, 2018. my scores are;

L R W S - 8 7 6.5 7

Need 7 in the writing test

dollysek

Jul 23, 2014

Has anyone applied for remarking in writing from Nigeria? Would like to know how long it takes to get the EOR results even though i was told to expect it in 10 weeks. I wrote IELTS on the 10th of February, 2018 and applied for remark on the 6th of march, 2018. my scores are;

L R W S - 8 7 6.5 7

dollysek

Jul 23, 2014

L R W S - 8 7 6.5 7

I did apply for a remark on the 19th feb. for 1 feb exam . I was told 10weeks also but I am believing God for a faster return of the enquiry. Am also from Lagos nigeria.
Wishing us the best ...

Tgirl22

Sep 20, 2017
Hello. I applied for EOR via IDP , in writing module. I recieved a mail that my EOR is ready, and I should go to their office to know the outcome. I am really worried because it's less than 10 days since I applied. Anyone with similar experience? Does IDP share the score via email, if it's positive or no change?