Gazias

May 16, 2019
DOT: 11 Jul 2020
DOR: 24 Jul 2020
Applied for EOR: 24 Jul 2020
Confirmation of sending the application to BC team: 28 Jul 2020
LRSW: 9 9 8 6.5
EOR for W and S

However I applied for EOR, my status on (https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/) is still "Result". It did not change back to "Awaiting Result" as expected. Is that normal?

I filed a complaint against the center after the exam because the invigilators did a lot of mistakes and were poorly trained and I am worried that they might not actually send my application to the BC team. They do not seem professional at all whatsoever. So the question is: Is it possible that my application is being re-scored and the status is still Result? knowing that I can still access my old results?

michaelle

Aug 12, 2019
I got my result with LRWS = 7.5 8.5 7.5 6 from BC. I am very disappointed with my speaking score and am considering for a remark.

Is there any chance to get a lower score for some modules after the remarking. I googled and found that it is often said that there is no possibility to get a lower mark. However, in BC IELTS website, they don't mention it. They just say the result may be changed or unchanged.

Anyone has experience on it, please share.

Shivzz

Jul 30, 2020
I got my result with LRWS = 7.5 8.5 7.5 6 from BC. I am very disappointed with my speaking score and am considering for a remark.

Is there any chance to get a lower score for some modules after the remarking. I googled and found that it is often said that there is no possibility to get a lower mark. However, in BC IELTS website, they don't mention it. They just say the result may be changed or unchanged.

Anyone has experience on it, please share.
Scores only increase or remain unchanged after EOR.

Shivzz

Jul 30, 2020
Hi all
Date of test (IDP) : July 11th, 2020
Date of results: July 23rd, 2020
LRSW : 8 8.5 7.5 6.5
Date of EOR application: July 23rd, 2020
Still waiting...
I received my eor outcome result today.
Writing score increased from 6.5 to 7.5
I was definitely sure that my writing score must be more than 6.5
Its ridiculous. There is huge difference between 6.5 and 7.5. IELTS must do something about it.

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Just got my score. First attempt in Portland, Oregon on July 25, 2020.

Listening: 9
Reading: 9
Writing: 7
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.5

I messed up in writing task 1 and erased the end of a sentence to rephrase it and the time ran out. I'm certain that cost me a lot. I'll be applying for a writing remark. I need 7.5 to get the maximum CRS score, so I hope it goes up to a 7.5.

Gazias

May 16, 2019
Just got my score. First attempt in Portland, Oregon on July 25, 2020.

Listening: 9
Reading: 9
Writing: 7
Speaking: 8.5
Overall: 8.5

I messed up in writing task 1 and erased the end of a sentence to rephrase it and the time ran out. I'm certain that cost me a lot. I'll be applying for a writing remark. I need 7.5 to get the maximum CRS score, so I hope it goes up to a 7.5.
If you are certain that you messed up, then probably taking another exam is a better idea. The EOR is almost as expensive as a new exam and it's rarely successful unless there is a mistake in marking. Best of luck!

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
If you are certain that you messed up, then probably taking another exam is a better idea. The EOR is almost as expensive as a new exam and it's rarely successful unless there is a mistake in marking. Best of luck!
Well, there are no exams available right now. Had to fly from Wisconsin to Oregon for this one. Besides, if it doesn't pan out, it's just 3 points. I can live with that.

Gazias

May 16, 2019
Well, there are no exams available right now. Had to fly from Wisconsin to Oregon for this one. Besides, if it doesn't pan out, it's just 3 points. I can live with that.
That's a long flight mate! but at least you got your exam done. Best of luck with your EOR!

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
That's a long flight mate! but at least you got your exam done. Best of luck with your EOR!
Thanks! I've read some people got lucky and had their score bump up by an entire band. All I need is a 0.5. Fingers crossed!

Do I have to apply for the EOR through my test center r is there a centralized website which accepts EOR applications?

Last edited:

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

1.) L: 8.5, R: 6.5, W: 6.5, S: 8
2.) L: 8.5, R: 7, W: 6.5, S: 7.5
3.) L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7, S: 6.5

Should i go for revaluation of speaking section in the third exam?

michaelle

Aug 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

1.) L: 8.5, R: 6.5, W: 6.5, S: 8
2.) L: 8.5, R: 7, W: 6.5, S: 7.5
3.) L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7, S: 6.5

Should i go for revaluation of speaking section in the third exam?
I think you should go for the remark. However, you need to recall and ensure that you did well in speaking test of this exam.