+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
I think you should go for the remark. However, you need to recall and ensure that you did well in speaking test of this exam.
So, i did part 1 of the speaking test perfectly.

part 2: i was lost for 15 seconds but after that i was very fluent. Examiner stopped me before the completion of 2 minutes. I repeated one word three times that is procrastinate” there are no synonyms of this word that i know of.

part 3: i asked examiner to repeat one of the questions.
Based on 6.5 bands description “ Test takers at this band can typically speak at length, although they are sometimes less clear or fluent because of repetition, self-correction, or hesitation to search for words or grammar. Speaking is generally well-organised, and ideas are generally well linked, but with some errors. They have enough vocabulary to discuss topics clearly and at length, although there are often errors, and they can usually paraphrase well. They can use simple and complex grammar structures but with limited range. There may be frequent grammar errors, particularly in more complex structures, but language is usually easy to understand. Pronunciation can be clear and effective, but there may be problems. They are usually easy to understand, although words may be unclear at times”

This does not match with what i did in the test. I expect at least 7 bands.

Last edited:

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
So, i did part 1 of the speaking test perfectly.

part 2: i was lost for 15 seconds but after that i was very fluent. Examiner stopped me before the completion of 2 minutes. I repeated one word three times that is procrastinate” there are no synonyms of this word that i know of.

part 3: i asked examiner to repeat one of the questions.
Based on 6.5 bands description “ Test takers at this band can typically speak at length, although they are sometimes less clear or fluent because of repetition, self-correction, or hesitation to search for words or grammar. Speaking is generally well-organised, and ideas are generally well linked, but with some errors. They have enough vocabulary to discuss topics clearly and at length, although there are often errors, and they can usually paraphrase well. They can use simple and complex grammar structures but with limited range. There may be frequent grammar errors, particularly in more complex structures, but language is usually easy to understand. Pronunciation can be clear and effective, but there may be problems. They are usually easy to understand, although words may be unclear at times”

This does not match with what i did in the test. I expect at least 7 bands.
Based on the URL: https://www.ielts.org/-/media/pdfs/speaking-band-descriptors.ashx?la=en
i expect atleast the following:

Fluency and Coherence: 6 bands
Lexical Resources: 7 bands
Grammer Range and Accuracy: 7 bands
Pronunciation: 7 bands.

So overall: 6.75 ~ 7.0 bands

Last edited:

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Based on the URL: https://www.ielts.org/-/media/pdfs/speaking-band-descriptors.ashx?la=en

If you think you did well enough to get band 7, go for it. It's only 0.5 away and there's a higher chance of the score increasing in the writing and speaking sections.

Also, for future reference, you can use The Free Dictionary to search for synonyms. They're the ones listed next to the three green bars under the Thesaurus section:
https://www.tfd.com/procrastinate

nitrous

Mar 1, 2020
Same here! I just received my test result today. L:8 R:8 S:6 W:7
I’m confident that my speaking part is at least 6.5
After reading your story, I feel more confident now and hope they can increase my scores!
Have you got your remarking done? What is the new score?

EricNguyen1992

Nov 13, 2018

6.75 won't be rounded to 7.0, it is always rounded down to 6.5 ( in speaking and writing). The rounding rule of each skill ( L S W S) is different to the rounding rule of the overall band (final band score of the whole IELTS test).

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
Hi all,

I have attempted CB IELTS in Ontario/Canada, 3 times during the last 2 months and now I'm frustrated and fed up with them. (All British Council)
Here are my results:
1st- L7 R7 W6.5 S7.5
2nd- L7.5 R7 W7 S6.5
3rd- L8 R7.5 W7 S6 o_O In the same center as my 1st attempt but with another examiner. My performance was even better than the previous times. No hesitations and stress.. Fluent with a natural accent. Examiner was a Canadian lady. She didn't remove her mask and also didn't let me do so while in other attempts examiners were not wearing masks and nor me. In part 3 I just asked her one time to repeat a long and complicated question as I couldn't see her mouth. I don't think asking for repeat would be an issue... My fluency was high enough that she almost stopped my answers for every question. I see no obvious reason for such a low score in Speaking.:(

I need 8777 to boost my CRS as many people here. I have submitted an EOR on this 3rd attempt (S & W)
How do you estimate my chance of a 1 band score increase in S?
And how long do you think it will take usually to get the results of re-marking?

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Last edited:

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have attempted three (3) IELTS general computer delivered exams in Ontario, Canada. I need 8777 bands. I have received the results as follows:

1.) L: 8.5, R: 6.5, W: 6.5, S: 8
2.) L: 8.5, R: 7, W: 6.5, S: 7.5
3.) L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7, S: 6.5

Should i go for revaluation of speaking section in the third exam?
Hi,
Did you submit an EOR?

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
Yes i did. I submitted it 1 week ago for writing and speaking sections of my 3rd exam.

They said it will take 2 to 21 days.

Could you please share your test Center.
Hope you get your required score. Please share your feedback and process time here.
My test center was BITTS Mississagua. How about you?

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my Ielts re-evaluation form on Friday (20th march) and did payment on same day as well. I haven’t got any confirmation email from BC or my test Center. That means its not submitted yet? Or they don’t send confirmation email in canada?
how long it will take for re-evaluation? I have applied for both speaking and writing. please advice

thanks in advance
Hi,
I have the same question and issue. May I ask hat happened in your EOR case?

Sole1

Oct 12, 2019
From my experience I would advice everyone to go for EOR, If you are confident about your performance in the exam.
I appeared once for IELTS and I was sure about what i did. Results came as L8.5, R7.5, W7, S6..
I was confident about speaking to get 8.5.

I applied for EOR waited for 3 weeks literally had to be behind them to get the TRF refund etc, speaking was graded to 7.5

I wish none should go thru such experience.
Hi,
Your experience is heartwarming as I'm having the same problem. Dont't know if you check here, but may I ask where did you take your test? Canada?