+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I applied for EOR on 21st October 2017. Today I received following sms from British Council:

"Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that there is delay in results for Enquiry on Results (EOR). We will share next update on 19 Feb, 2018.
Regards,
British Council"

My test centre was Ludhiana, India. Really fed up of waiting indefinitely. I need an increase of 0.5 in both writing and speaking.
And also after such a long wait whats the guarantee that we will get band increase. Staying positive but still this delay is testing my patience.

Smartleo

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
I have also submitted my Ielts eor on 25th November in british council, Dubai and its already 9th week now, with no update... I am calling my center almost every other day and they have nothing to tell me except to wait... I am really not sure why it's taking so long and how much I have to wait...

Incomerinca

Dec 9, 2017
NOC Code......
Ohh then in that case i am not alone. But bro thats too long. Dont you think so?
We already gave our 10 weeks and additional 6-7 weeks is too much.

Even latest IELTS results are withheld from BC. What a shame this is.
Hi @Micky345 & @Armour ,

Did you guys call up on Customer Helpdesk and asked for reason? I am calling them on weekly basis from last 3 weeks and they are saying my result will come in committed 8-10 weeks of time. My process initiated on 7th Dec as they sent my application to their HO in the same week. Your experiences are making me unnerved. As this is being my 7th week, was really very hopeful for receiving results as most candidates got in beginning of 8th week... :mad:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hi @Micky345 & @Armour ,

Did you guys call up on Customer Helpdesk and asked for reason? I am calling them on weekly basis from last 3 weeks and they are saying my result will come in committed 8-10 weeks of time. My process initiated on 7th Dec as they sent my application to their HO in the same week. Your experiences are making me unnerved. As this is being my 7th week, was really very hopeful for receiving results as most candidates got in beginning of 8th week... :mad:
Yes, I called twice, first call after 4 weeks and second one a week back. Both times they said have patience you will get your results in 8-10 weeks time as it is our standard timeline. And suddenly I get this mail yesteeasy. I have no words what they are upto.

Incomerinca

Dec 9, 2017
NOC Code......
Yes, I called twice, first call after 4 weeks and second one a week back. Both times they said have patience you will get your results in 8-10 weeks time as it is our standard timeline. And suddenly I get this mail yesteeasy. I have no words what they are upto.
So scary man...!!! It's hell lot of a time to wait..!! Can you please ask them when did they send your application to their HO? I guess they might delayed it in initial stage itself. It's such a handicap situation where we can't even use this scores in PNP applications if selected.

hammoda4ever

Jan 21, 2018
I have also submitted my Ielts eor on 25th November in british council, Dubai and its already 9th week now, with no update... I am calling my center almost every other day and they have nothing to tell me except to wait... I am really not sure why it's taking so long and how much I have to wait...
I submitted on the same date also 25th of November. I called the British Council Dubai yesterday, they said i shall get the result within the next few days. It is suppose to take 8 weeks, but they closed their offices for nearly 10 days for Christmas holidays and New Year, that is why it got delayed.

What was your IELTS result?

Armour

Oct 28, 2017
Ohh then in that case i am not alone. But bro thats too long. Dont you think so?
We already gave our 10 weeks and additional 6-7 weeks is too much.

Even latest IELTS results are withheld from BC. What a shame this is.
Yes it's too long actually. I don't understand what kind of EOR procedure these guys have in place. If IDP can do re-checking within 3-4 weeks, no reason why BC can't.
My date of application was 21st November 2017 which was wrongly mentioned as 21st October in my last post.

Reactions: Smartleo

Smartleo

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
I submitted on the same date also 25th of November. I called the British Council Dubai yesterday, they said i shall get the result within the next few days. It is suppose to take 8 weeks, but they closed their offices for nearly 10 days for Christmas holidays and New Year, that is why it got delayed.

What was your IELTS result?
I am short of 0.5 in writing, my result was
L 8
R 7. 5
S 7
W 6.5
Upon escalation, yesterday I received a call from British council (higher management, Dubai) stating that next week they will probably announce the result..

Last edited:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I am short of 0.5 in writing, my result was
L 8
R 7. 5
S 7
W 6.5
Upon escalation, yesterday I received a call from British council (higher management, Dubai) stating that next week they will probably announce the result..
How did you escalate? Did you mean by call or email? I have tried both but of no use.

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I submitted for remark for my ielts score (8.5 , 8.5, 6.5, 8.0 = LRWS) on 16th Jan at idp andheri, mumbai branch. When can i expect a feedback ? Is there anyone who has submitted for remark and did not get the desired 0.5 . Also anyone who is active on this post and can tell me the success rate ?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I submitted for remark for my ielts score (8.5 , 8.5, 6.5, 8.0 = LRWS) on 16th Jan at idp andheri, mumbai branch. When can i expect a feedback ? Is there anyone who has submitted for remark and did not get the desired 0.5 . Also anyone who is active on this post and can tell me the success rate ?
Well, IDP is far quicker than BC in terms of reval results. You shall get your results within 8 weeks.
Regarding success rate its difficult to say , but it would be around 6-7%. Also, there are many who did not get desired 0.5. You can check through different threads for more information.